cK one Shock for Him (2011)
by Calvin Klein

cK one Shock for Him information

Year of Launch2011

HouseCalvin Klein
PerfumerAnn Gottlieb
SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About cK one Shock for Him

cK one Shock for Him is a masculine fragrance by Calvin Klein. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ann Gottlieb

cK one Shock for Him fragrance notes

Reviews of cK one Shock for Him

Well, being a huge fan of Calvin Klein fragrances for the most part I expected much more from 'CK One Shock'. I was warned about this one on a YouTube review by Jeremy Fragrance that it makes a big show when first sprayed on and fades into boredom after three or four hours. And, well, that's not completely true.

CK One Shock has one of the finest openings in any fragrance I have ever smelled. The opening is so amazing it actually disappoints when it dries down and calms itself. But it still smells great when it does settle in.

The initial blast is a tobacco and chocolate mix, alongside a subtle musk tone layered in sweet cherry that is really quite amazing. In all honesty it smells almost exactly like a soft and mellow blend of Joop! Homme and Angel Men, with an added chararcter of its own and is unbelievably gorgeous.

The first few hours of this fragrance gets tons of compliments. It is very seductive, not over the top, loud, cloying or offensive. After four to six hours or so, it becomes a natural skin scent of chocolate, tobacco, patchouli and a slight sweetness of a fading cherry note. It lingers and catches attention for hours.

With a liberal dose of a dozen sprays (chest, neck, shoulders, wrists), I get easily 8-10+ hours of longevity, with over a week on clothes and fabrics. Projection and sillage is very good with this. It goes on thick and digs in and becomes your scent for the rest of the day.

It is safe for an office environment (but more suited for evenings honestly), a casual environment with friends or especially a date with someone, but it doesn't perform well enough for a night out on the town or in clubs or bars. It just doesn't have the projection for that.

Fans of the classic Joop! Homme, Mugler's 'Angel Men', Animale's 'Animale' and Montblanc's sultry 'Individuel' will immediately enjoy this fragrance.

For the price, its a great blind buy. I am not sure if I will purchase it again once this bottle runs out as I have several bottles of Joop! Homme, Montblanc Individuel and Angel Men, all of which are similar and perform better than CK One Shock. Although this performs better than most modern Calvin Klein fragrances.

However, I will give this a thumbs up because if you need an evening or spring gourmand fragrance that is dark, sweet and sexy for a special event or date, this smells absolutely wonderful, has solid staying power and gets compliments galore.
03rd May, 2017 (last edited: 15th May, 2017)
Got the 1.7 and really wished I got the 6.7 of this juice. The opening is deep and dark with a tobacco and a semi sweet note. It stays this way for about an hour and then turns to a Le Male DNA scent with a hint of tobacco. I really enjoy this!
10th January, 2017
I don't think I get any of the top notes in this one. It goes straight to the base, and I love it! The chocolate and tobacco are what stand out the most. I like what another reviewer said about this having a "mall vibe". That's exactly what it is, and it's directed at kids who hang out at the mall, whether the perfumer was going for that or not.

Sillage is great. It's snowing now, and when I went out it seemed to become stronger. I can't say about longevity yet, as it has only been a few hours, but it's still going strong.

I was expecting a lot when I heard about this fragrance, and I'm not disappointed. Great release by Calvin Klein!

UPDATE: The longevity is decent. I usually stick to one spray with most of my woodsy/tobacco scents, but I need multiple on this one. It doesn't last as long as Versace Eros (a longevity beast), but it works.
10th December, 2016 (last edited: 18th February, 2017)
Wearing from a travel size/sample. Definitely made for a younger crowd, and has that 'mall vibe' I generally detest, but this has just enough things going on in addition to the cherry tobacco to keep one's interest, for awhile anyway. Not my thing, as it's too sweet but not quite cloying either. Just enough black pepper (as well as patchouli and dark chocolate) to lift it up and keep it from being stifling. Reminds me of a body spray or maybe a decent room freshener.

I'll give it a neutral rating because it's just not good enough to fully endorse for anyone other than teenagers, but it doesn't smell "bad" either. Hasn't given me a headache yet anyway, which is always a bonus.
09th September, 2016
I should of bought this last winter but I hated this sort of scent at that time ..my sense of smell has now changed and developed, which leads me back to this fabulous cheapy..I get a bright orange/amber and tabaco fragrance that dances on the skin on first application and then mellows into something very cosy and fruity. There is no way you can over apply this fragrance I take the top off and splash a good amount all over myself, within 30 minutes it's a long lasting skin scent with occasional projection if body heat rises . I'd say this can be worn all year round also as it isn't cloying.
23rd June, 2016 (last edited: 08th February, 2017)
Smells great for being a CK scent...great longevity/power, and awesome in winter...sugary & memorable! :)
20th June, 2016

Add your review of cK one Shock for Him

Shop for cK one Shock for Him products online

Search Amazon for cK one Shock for Him

Member images of cK one Shock for Him

There are no member images of cK one Shock for Him yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to cK one Shock for Him