Bottega Veneta (2011)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 67 ratings

Bottega Veneta Fragrance Notes

Bottega Veneta information

Bottega Veneta is a women's fragrance by Bottega Veneta. The scent was launched in 2011 and the bottle was designed by Tomas Maier

Shop for Bottega Veneta products online

Reviews of Bottega Veneta

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.

Captain's avatar

This perfume reminds me of a buttery, rich and luxe leather handbag. Sweet jasmine but not too much, with a bit of peppery spice, oak moss and plenty of rich leather. It’s blended well, so smooth - more a feeling than any one note. I'm not getting the apricots others seem to sense. Nor is it any more synthetic smelling than any other scent. In fact, the creator says there are natural oils in it. Who knows what's in it but common opinion is Coty=synthetic, which to my nose isn't true.

I ordered a small decant, wore it, fell in love and that day ordered the largest bottle available. I rarely do this as it’s a pretty pricey perfume. It’s been four days and I’ve not worn anything but. I'm puzzled when people say this scent is weak or it doesn't last. It's not a huge silage bomb but it does last at least 6 hours on my skin.

11th March, 2014 (Last Edited: 28 April, 2014)

BetsyMeszaros's avatar

This is a lovely fragrance. It reminds me of something or somebody but I can't place who or what. It is just a little too powdery for me so I won't purchase but I"m ever so glad I got a sample.

I couldn't quite decide whether to give this a thumbs up or neutral but because it is so well balanced I decided on the thumbs up.

21st January, 2014

rbaker's avatar

A floral slightly peppery opening with a bergamot background leads to a jasmine based drydown that, on my skin, remains quite pale and restrained. The base develops a synthetic flavor with some moss, again quite dull and bloodless. It is blended quite well, and balanced, and has poor silage and limited projection. I get four hours of anaemic longevity.

16 January, 2014

mademoiselle_nicole's avatar

France France

milky elegance

I got to know this fragrance because a collegue wore it. It is a warm and soft fragrance. Yet as so many soft scents, it does not lack personality. A classy chypre with a modern edge to it. This scent is sturdy, head up high and the woman who wears it should be both: a lady and knowing where she wants to arrive in life. The frangrance is present, yet not opppressive, warm but not overwhelming, strong yet not intimidating. Apart but not vulgar. a Lady but a strong character. You cant miss it when she comes into the room. breathtaking but not breath-cutting. Very well done Almairac

Pros: warm and elegant
    Cons: too much for summer"

04 August, 2013

gmstrack's avatar

Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta is classified as a Floral Chypre, but I would describe this as a Fruity Chypre. The luxurious bottle evokes feminine leather, mirroring the juice inside. First, I will address the issue of fruity vs. floral. According to the note listing, bergamot and pink pepper contribute to the fruity aspect, but as mentioned by other reviewers, plum seems to be a noteworthy note. So, here we have fruity leather, and possibly a modern take on Mitsouko. However, if Mitsouko (pre-reformulation) is an attic-confined trunk full of dusty leather-bound books, then BV is a freshly polished library full of leather-bound books. The library is spacious, maybe a window is open, but the trunk full of books holds other strange archaic treasures waiting to be discovered. Perhaps this distinction embodies the divide between the “vintage” fragrances and contemporary compositions. In 2013, we are stuffed to the gills with stuff and gadgets, yet our pastoral sentiments point toward a “fresh” and simple ideal as we attempt to process the daily deluge of information. At the end of the day, we are simply too tired and overwhelmed to rummage through the attic. Also, 100 years ago, it was a sign of progress, and perhaps status, to leave the house smelling like the latest chemistry. Now, we associate “chemical” odors with toxicity while body odor is synonymous with poverty and ignorance; time for your huge dose of aldehydes and civet! So we long for a simple time, free of pollution and full of pastoral landscapes and “organic” gardens.

3.5/5 Very good intentions…

12 February, 2013

flathorn's avatar

This is a nice, understated smooth floral leather. What makes it flow so beautifully is its use of jasmine. There's no flower in perfumery as smooth as a really nice jasmine. It gives this leather polish.
    The sensuality of leather perfume appeals to me, and this one has a quiet glowing sensuality - no histrionics, no leather boots, or saddles or handbags. I would imagine this is what a leather bra might smell like.
    The drydown, when the floral dissipates, is my least favorite part, as it gets softer and more comforting, not necessarily a bad thing, smelling quite delectable, but doesn't have the quiet compelling beauty of the earlier notes. It still has enough leather to maintain a sensuality, but becomes more of a comfort note in the drydown, with less of the allure. I'm balking at the drydown a little.
    It isn't my Holy Grail, but still, it is lovely, a leather you can wear most anywhere.

21st January, 2013 (Last Edited: 24 January, 2013)

Add your review of Bottega Veneta