Seven Veils (2011)

Seven Veils information

Year of Launch2011

HouseByredo

About Seven Veils

Seven Veils is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2011

Seven Veils fragrance notes

Reviews of Seven Veils

Smells kinda weird, though not necessarily in a bad way. The playdoughy-carroty topnote juxtaposition with the peppery and somewhat medicinal bitter sweetness of the heart creates a scent aura that is intriguing. In small doses, and for brief periods, SEVEN VEILS actually smelled like nothing else on this earth. It made me smile, it gave me hope. It made me forget the fruity beast called PULP.
18th July, 2016
Um, no... I was intrigued by the supposed carrot note, but it's more of a nondescript spicy sweetness than anything I'd consider carrot. But the real issue is that the "carrot" sits on top of a very pedestrian mix of pink pepper, patchouli, and marshmallowy vanilla, so Seven Veils ends up smelling like a mediocre Burberry Brit copycat. One of those perfumes for people who want to pay $150 to smell like they're wearing a $20 scent.

As for carrots, I still think the best carrot note out there is Providence Perfume Co's Eva Luna, while the most wearable carrot perfume has to be I Love Les Carottes by Honore De Pres...
25th October, 2015
Eos Show all reviews
Wow. I thought Seven Veils was going to be a love at first sniff, but no. I think I must be anosmic to certain vanillas because I got no vanilla in this--at all. I did, however, get a huge blast of pink pepper, rough wood and a strangely cold and plasticy floral note. To my nose this all came together in a really synthetic smelling way, though happily there was not much sillage or longevity. Honestly, wearing Seven Veils was a strange experience.
17th October, 2015
Elegant and Sensual

Modern and Conspicuous

Delicate and Intriguing
15th July, 2015
Kaern Show all reviews
Carrot and Pimento = neat whisky. That is what I smelt and it was gagworthy so can't give a full review of any progression. Very odd
13th May, 2014
I'm not sure Bugs Bunny would wear this - even with the carrot note. SV begins with a heavy, syrupy mix of carrot & pimento, giving it a smooth, but darker overall feel.

The heart notes join in with a mish-mash of florals. The pimento and carrot are now surrounded by a lighter feel, but still remain strong overall.

Overall, my experience with this fragrance was just not good. On the one hand, it didn't necessarily smell bad up front, but I kept noticing that every time I wore SV, I kept wondering if I was wearing an old undershirt that I had forgotten to wash. I literally get whiffs of body odor whenever I wear this. Finally after a couple of wears of SV, I realized it was the fragrance and not me. I personally think SV smells like a carrot that has just done a robust workout with P90-x and is just sweating all over the place.
26th December, 2012

Add your review of Seven Veils

Shop for Seven Veils products online

Shop for Seven Veils at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Seven Veils

Member images of Seven Veils

There are no member images of Seven Veils yet. Why not be the first?

Seven Veils News