Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily

Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily information

HouseJo Malone London
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily

Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily is a shared / unisex perfume by Jo Malone London.

Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily fragrance notes

Reviews of Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily

Basenotes also lists "Kohdo Wood Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone", so I'm confused about which one I'm actually sampling here. My small atomizer is simply labeled "Dark Amber & Ginger Lily / Jo Malone".
Whichever one this is, I'm addicted.
On my first sampling, I rated "below average" since the opening was overwhelmingly bitter woods. I just hadn't given it enough time.
As it develops over an hour or so, at least on my skin, it becomes lighter, powdery and intoxicating. A night-time, sensual fragrance for evenings at home. And contrary to many reviews here, this scent lasts and lasts on me, improving with each hour.
It's one of the stars of my small collection.
20th September, 2017
This is really interesting at first. It delivers. Amber, ginger and lily. For about 45 seconds.

Then it all disappears and becomes your usual chemically offensive melange.

Oh, now the not listed nasty oud note comes in and obliterates what's left of our trusting olfactory nerves.

Yet another olfactory disaster from this experimental company that never quite GETS IT!
10th August, 2017
Dark Amber & Ginger Lily feels really out of place in the Jo Malone collection. It's rich and thick and kind of dark and I can see why her fans may not like it. That being said, I find it unique and compelling and very well done.

So what does it smell like? Well, it's an amber, which is usually made by combining resins and incense with vanilla. But Jo Malone constructs this one using that sweetened condensed milk smell made famous by Angel instead of the common vanilla, so it has a weird sweet richness. There's some pencil-shavings cedar in the topnotes, while the lily comes across as a white floral. The end result is frankly quite weird. Sweet milk and amber and woods and flowers that all come together to smell like rich, compelling goo. Definitely worth a sniff if you're into "oriental" fragrances or just looking for something unique but beautiful.
12th November, 2016
Super feminine. Can't reasonably be marketed as unisex. Not a condemnation, just an observation. Even as a feminine scent, not as rich a scent as the notes (and name) would suggest because the lily overwhelms to headache proportions. Too bad it wasn't dark Amber with a good dose of ginger and a very slight lily lift. THAT sounds promising and novel. THIS smells like an old lady.
15th April, 2015
As often happens with Jo Malone's stuff, the initial blast is so beautiful and uplifting. I feel I am sniffing the biggest brightest scent ever. This one is no exception. The first five minutes I am in heaven, then it tails away dramatically. Really nice stuff. Looking forward to the 'Jo Malone Intense, Extreme' range.
06th April, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
Lovely lily and orchid opening with a touch a gentle spice, pleasant, but the drydown is dull; very poor silage but decent longevity of over three hours on me.
21st February, 2013

Add your review of Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily

Shop for Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily products online

Search Amazon for Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily

Member images of Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily

There are no member images of Cologne Intense Collection : Dark Amber & Ginger Lily yet. Why not be the first?