212 VIP Men (2011)

PerfumerEmilie Coppermann
PerfumerDavid Apel
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About 212 VIP Men

212 VIP Men is a masculine fragrance by Carolina Herrera. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumers David Apel and Emilie Coppermann

212 VIP Men fragrance notes

Reviews of 212 VIP Men

wear this one when you're about to jump into your maybach...

the masculinity is of another nature
14th March, 2016
This was the only fragrance I had for a while and it was not until I added more to my small collection that I really began to appreciate it. 212 VIP is a modern masculine fragrance which I find informal and easy to wear. It is an offering suited to evening social occasions rather than formal/work environments. Some have mentioned it as a clubbing scent and I definitely get this. For me it is highly attractive and generally speaking I would expect it to be favoured by the opposite sex.

I get the opening of passion fruit mixed with a bit of spice from the ginger and black pepper I guess. The hot pepper comes through for me after 5-10 minutes and the fruit disappears. I think I detect a subtle leather in the dry down. I also get a sweet chocolatey vibe throughout.

This one is let down by its below average projection and longevity. I find myself spraying quite a lot to achieve the desired effect and even then its very close after a couple of hours max. I should however mention that I remember it being rather strong when I first wore it but it was not used much for the first year. I don't know if this could have affected its properties somewhat or whether I just wasn't paying any attention before and so didn't notice its drawbacks. If I saw this as an office scent then this wouldn't be such a big deal but since I would use it in a social setting where I want some more projection it doesn't tick the box unfortunately. This doesn't stop me wearing it though, it smells too good.

I find the bottle to be pleasant but nothing special. It sits just fine in my collection. I do like the magnetic lid.

Overall it's a thumbs up from me as 212 VIP is a very handsome scent that I enjoy wearing.
19th January, 2016
GREAT CLUBBING SCENT

Released in 2011, many think that it came in response to the success of 212 Men (now renamed to 212 Men NYC). Obviously, one thing is linked to another, but it was created to make pair with the female version, released 1 year earlier. The concept, as well as the slogans, remained the same: "Are you on the list?" and "This is a private party.", which reflect the style and attitude of its users.

The official composition brings notes of Caviar lime (I will explain ahead), frozen Mint and black pepper, in the output. In the heart of the fragrance, a cocktail of chilled vodka, ginger and Apple slices. In the base, notes of King wood, salty amber and tonka beans.

But what is that Caviar lime? Is the Citrus Australasica - a plant with citrus fruits, peculiar format and fully differentiated pulp, which looks like caviar, but does have citrus flavor. It can have various colors and is also known as Finger lime.
You need to be careful with what you read out there because, according to some websites, the fragrance would have notes of lime and caviar, separately. There is also, those who state the presence of passion fruit (top) and leather (base). I couldn't find anything about it on the official page of the brand.

On the skin, the output is fruity and slightly sweet. Then, quickly, cold accords arise, balancing the sweet aspect. There is a mixture of citrus and ginger, but I didn't feel the apple note.

All the times in which I returned with my nose to the place where I sprayed, I felt the Mint well evident, along with the alcohol content. The amber added creaminess, even more by the fact of being allied with the aroma of tonka beans. But there is, indeed, a salty aspect in it. Finally, the King wood gave a drier aroma to the fragrance.

On my skin, it projects well for about 2 hours, then stays close. But the lasting is good, of approximately 8 hours. And the bottle followed the same style of 212 Men, wrapped by a metallic silver finish, bringing the magnetic cap. The 200ml versions come in a glass bottle.
28th September, 2015
Salutation.

A passion for speed.212 VIP speaks of intimacy and the prelude to something deeper.a modern men's fragrance that would last for years and be type of scent that ladies adore it. Sweet,Hot, Provocative,Seductive,Irresistible,Passionate and Youthfully Alluring.

The opening reminds me a lighter version of popular 1 million that is more masculine that it.Heart notes are a little more spicy.soft woods and amber in the base gives a touch of warm sensuality.this elixir makes a scent of confidence,sexiness and absolutely irresistible,manly scent.

This kind of scents automatically draws women to you.It's certainly the perfect complement to the beautiful women's version.The best seasons for this EDT would be Autumn and Winter.If you go clubbing or to dinner it will grab a Ladies noise.

Sillage? Ok.

Longevity?About 7 hours on my skin.

11th May, 2015
Nice scent,bad longevity and sillage on me
06th December, 2014
Golden (a la One Million) and fruity but in an overly synthetic way. A first fruity/spicy "yet white" gingery (sparkling) blast is the prelude to a nowadays conventional sticky cloud of resinous ambroxan with (plain) leathery undertones. There is a sort of exotic fruity freshness throughout, at least on my skin, probably provided by the note of boozy ginger combined with the passion fruit. The leathery/woody dry down is resinous and sweet but with a bitter spark as resinous undertone. One of the more decent in its infamous gummy range. Over the average the sillage. Medium rating related to its status.
18th December, 2013 (last edited: 22nd December, 2013)

Add your review of 212 VIP Men

Shop for 212 VIP Men products online

Shop for 212 VIP Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for 212 VIP Men

Member images of 212 VIP Men

There are no member images of 212 VIP Men yet. Why not be the first?