• Launched: 2011
    • Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Jeux de Peau Fragrance notes

Bread note, Spices, Licorice, Apricot, Immortelle, Sandalwood, Woody notes, Amber

Shop for Jeux de Peau products online

$115.42*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 69.00)

Reviews of Jeux de Peau

Showing 1 to 6 of 19 reviews.

ChanteusedesIles's avatar
    ChanteusedesIles

They recently got the Serge Lutens line at my local Sephora, and I went a little nuts there and ended up spraying this on my skin in my haste. HUGE mistake for me! I tried this because I like creamy, warm & spicy fragrances and also peach & coconut, so I thought this would be a winner. However, this hit me with an overpowering "stale popcorn" smell that even the Sephora SA remarked on. Like butter that had melted and gone rancid. I was expecting something along the lines of croissants, (which I also love) or the creamy/ buttery qualities of many tuberose perfumes, but this was horrid. I thought it might be the wheat note, but there is a wheat note in FM's En passant, which I think is beautiful. Maybe it is the immortelle, as I don't know what that is suppose to smell like? Needless to say, this was a scrubber for me, though it sounds far lovelier on others.

05 March, 2014

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Very discrete games

The opening's spices take on a wormed-up bread note with a dirty fruity character, which later sees some wood added. An original take, but extremely faint ofter the first thirty minutes, with very little silage and projection on my skin. Gone after about two hours. The points are for the originality of this skin game.

04 August, 2013

Oh_Hedgehog's avatar
    Oh_Hedgehog

Jeux de Peau would have benefited from greater weight placed on its darker notes of immortelle and toasted cereals. More maple syrup and less cheap caramel, please! Before the inevitable sugar crash, the scent does a nice impression of a plump croissant smothered in apricot jam.

It's not as if Lutens hasn't fallen into this sticky trap before, yet he still sometimes misjudges the balance between what's appetizing and what's merely edible.

11th April, 2013

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

light spices,mild licorce and a bit of wood is what i detect. the bread note is light upon the first few minutes then the licorce kicks in. kinda foody but not gourmand. a strange scent that i like but my 1ml sample is good enough. maybe i will splurge for the huge 5 ml decant!! lol

13 February, 2013

TheWickedOne's avatar
    TheWickedOne

My first full bottle of Serge Lutens - but will not be my last! The best way I can describe this is as foody without smelling foody. I can smell the bread, I can smell the jam and the fruit, but it does not come across at all like cake or cookies, just like the best bakery you have ever been in that doesn't happen to stock anything in chocolate.

20th August, 2012

sfonativeboy's avatar
    sfonativeboy

Jeux de Peau
    The scent of Baked Bread like Croissants ....even a Baguette is intended and unmistakable

On the skin, my nose picks up something of the nuances of bread which seem to
    fade into a buttery heaven,
    with an tiny bit of Fruity Confiture
    As the perfume mellows down it takes on a subtle nuances ...
    Skin and Croissant/ Baguette get confused.

Jeux de Peau is a skin scent...
    meant to stay close to the body,
    disappearing into nothing more than a whisper.
    The Bread butter smell is very faint and you need to be very close to encounter it.

The drydown is particularly beautiful
    Settling into a wood palette of milky sandalwood.
    This fragrance is made to play with our memory of
    things we are familiar with
    and unconsciously like ....

16 August, 2012