New York Amber (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseBond No. 9
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About New York Amber

New York Amber is a shared / unisex perfume by Bond No. 9. The scent was launched in 2011

New York Amber fragrance notes

Reviews of New York Amber

Bond No. 9 New York Amber is the second entry of the "New York" series and while not quite as disappointing as New York Oud, is nonetheless still uninteresting.

It's not so much an amber-intensive fragrance as it is a fresh spicy mix with amber as a small part of it, with saffron, nutmeg, rose, and sandalwood.

Despite the warm reviews on performance, I don't get much out of it as far as projection or longevity, frankly, but of course that's an issue primarily of personal chemistry, and in this case I'm all the happier for it.

Mediocre and uninspired but not unpleasant.

6 out of 10
20th December, 2016
When you wear a Bond9 fragrance you certainly don't get cheated on silage and longevity. NY Amber is the third of the NY series I have tried and all have a super amplified performance on my skin.

NY Amber opens with a scent very reminiscent of orange blossom honey. That's not to say it has any citrus, only the sweetness of honey made by citrus grove bee hives. This type honey has a certain white floral sweetness to it and is slightly different than honey made from other pollen. There's a distinctive rose note as well and touches of saffron lingering in the honey. It's more floral than amber and nothing I would describe as gourmand. Definitely a unisex scent that could be worn comfortably by a man or woman year round.

IMO, it's slightly reminiscent of Aramis' Calligraphy Rose, but a sweeter version. I like it, but probably not a bottle worthy purchase at Bond prices. Rose and amber fans should like this one. Thumbs up.
13th October, 2015
great take on deep spicy amber, dusky and utterly sexy!
24th June, 2015
A different take on amber IMO. Seems to have a plastic and soapy vibe. Definitely unisex. Slightly sweet, but some will like it. 6.5/10
20th December, 2014
This is by far the strongest Bond I've had. The name is misleading as I get NO AMBER from this & I am a Amber lover with many Amber fragrances. What this smells like? Rose, Aoud and pepper. It is not sweet yet it has the oily effect about it. The lasting power is well over 14 + hours, the projection is great. It is a well crafted & executed fragrance. Yet it does not smell right to me. This has a middle Eastern vibe for sure.

I am not a fan of roses unless it is done right, I go to West Side for my rose fix, as far as Aoud is concerned , I am learning that is not one of my favorite notes unless its blendid right. The bottle is one of the best out of the entire Bond line. I'm afraid it's going to take more than a beautiful bottle to keep me satisfied. I can certainly live without this in my life which is why I sold it.
20th September, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Amber heaven! This is the summary of the opening blast: Amber galore of good-quality ingredients, with fresh undertones, and a touch of floral spiciness with saffron when heading towards the drydown. This is an amber that is not heavy, has a brighter sparkle and is of some elegance without lacking depths and richness. After the first couple of hours we are crashing to the ground of more mundane levels of existence, as the flowery-osmanthus middle notes are fare less exciting, and the woody ambrox base is plain and simply generic, although not ouright very bad, just mediocre. The silage is allright, the projection excellent initially, and the overall longevity very good at about seven hours, albeit close to my skin for the second half.
This then is a glorious scent initially and a more average and restrained creation later on - ideal for a cool-season office scent that pampers in the initial hours and then is more unobtrusive. With the overall decent performance I would give it a positive score overall - just.
24th May, 2014