New York Amber (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseBond No. 9
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About New York Amber

New York Amber is a shared / unisex perfume by Bond No. 9. The scent was launched in 2011

New York Amber fragrance notes

Reviews of New York Amber

A different take on amber IMO. Seems to have a plastic and soapy vibe. Definitely unisex. Slightly sweet, but some will like it. 6.5/10
20th December, 2014
This is by far the strongest Bond I've had. The name is misleading as I get NO AMBER from this & I am a Amber lover with many Amber fragrances. What this smells like? Rose, Aoud and pepper. It is not sweet yet it has the oily effect about it. The lasting power is well over 14 + hours, the projection is great. It is a well crafted & executed fragrance. Yet it does not smell right to me. This has a middle Eastern vibe for sure.

I am not a fan of roses unless it is done right, I go to West Side for my rose fix, as far as Aoud is concerned , I am learning that is not one of my favorite notes unless its blendid right. The bottle is one of the best out of the entire Bond line. I'm afraid it's going to take more than a beautiful bottle to keep me satisfied. I can certainly live without this in my life which is why I sold it.
20th September, 2014
Amber heaven! This is the summary of the opening blast: Amber galore of good-quality ingredients, with fresh undertones, and a touch of floral spiciness with saffron when heading towards the drydown. This is an amber that is not heavy, has a brighter sparkle and is of some elegance without lacking depths and richness. After the first couple of hours we are crashing to the ground of more mundane levels of existence, as the flowery-osmanthus middle notes are fare less exciting, and the woody ambrox base is plain and simply generic, although not ouright very bad, just mediocre. The silage is allright, the projection excellent initially, and the overall longevity very good at about seven hours, albeit close to my skin for the second half.
This then is a glorious scent initially and a more average and restrained creation later on - ideal for a cool-season office scent that pampers in the initial hours and then is more unobtrusive. With the overall decent performance I would give it a positive score overall - just.
24th May, 2014
Talk about loud mouth when that trigger is pulled. A lot is going on within the first hour of wearing this fragrance the jasmine, sandalwood and oud pounds like subwoofers in Shaq's truck. After a few hours the amber emerges large and in charge. I wouldn't consider myself an Amber fan but this is ok.
13th May, 2014
Easy on the trigger. This is a stand alone, knock your socks off fragrance. Not for the timid or faint of heart. Extreme in a very good.
05th May, 2014
AMBER

I would prefer that higher end perfume producers be more honest about their higher prices. For god's sake, just say that certain perfumes cost more because people will pay more for them. Bond no 9 present their merchandise as luxury items and therefore charge expectable luxury rates for them. They don't claim materials culled from rare exotic sources as, say, Creed do. They don't tout the perfumer-as-attraction like l'Artisan Parfumeurs. Naming perfumes after neighborhoods of the affluent isnít quite the implied vision of the Lutens line.

For Bond itís just the 50/50% of derivation and catch-up. Actually, it's a bit of whack-a-mole:

• Take another shot at the contempo-floral? Bam! Central Park South.
  • It's hot out, so let's push another cologne clone. Wham! Little Italy.
  • Chasing the Angel fame? Pow! Nuit de Noho.
  • Need an entry in the male aquatic market? Ka-Bam! Wall Street.
  • Fuck! Everyone else has an oud! Fire somebody and get me NY Oud!

In Amber's case, it's: need an oud-rose floriental to keep up with the nichier niche lines? Blammo! Amber.

Amber is a whole lotta' everything! It's an oriental that minored in gourmandise. It's rich and overstuffed. Unfortunately it's also from the pile-on-the-diamante school that produced Boucheron de Boucheron, a monster chemo-floriental that typified the 1980s.

Amber doesn't have a cutesie NYC name and it should. How about "NYC Climber: Over-Leveraged"?

24th September, 2013

Add your review of New York Amber

Shop for New York Amber products online

Shop for New York Amber at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for New York Amber

Member images of New York Amber

There are no member images of New York Amber yet. Why not be the first?