L.I.L.Y (2012)

PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute
Parent Company at launchL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About L.I.L.Y

L.I.L.Y is a feminine perfume by Stella McCartney. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Cavallier

L.I.L.Y fragrance notes

Reviews of L.I.L.Y

I don't know what to think about this smell. Lots of people I know loves it, but yet I can't really relate to it. I think it has a spicy scent mixed with some floral, and I don't know what really to think about this combination. It's classy (somehow), unique and has a masculine touch. It needs a strong, independent woman to wear this smell, I think. When this is said, it's very feminine to wear a strong smell, which gives the impression that the woman who wears it is very confident and secure about herself - enough to wear such strong perfume.
06th August, 2012
I got quite a few samples of this from various department stores... They seemed almost desparate to get rid of it... Now I see why.

The opening notes are; grass, fields, cow-pats, grasshoppers and quarry.

I never ever imagined that a perfume could smell this bad (see my review of No. 4 by Stitch). This doesn't even belong in a pound shop.

I think even farmyard animals would be deeply offended by the vulgarity of these fumes.

When I had it sprayed on my wrist by one department store employee, she backed away after having sprayed it and told me she thought it was a "fresh fragrance".

Since when does "fresh" mean awful?
29th June, 2012 (last edited: 30th June, 2012)
umr Show all reviews
I tried this via a sample in Vogue and it's disappointing. I was looking forward to the lily of the valley, truffle and oak moss notes which sounded divine but I didn't get any of them. It's quite fresh smelling and rather unassuming but it also has that horrible smell that seems to be in most new perfumes from the last 10 years or so. I can't identify what it is exactly but it's synthetic smelling and very dominant. Oh well, back to the classics.
31st March, 2012
The opening is pleasant, if a little uninspiring- a generic 'fresh' scent, with an extremely vague lily of the valley note, and and the even less detectable oak moss.

However- The dry down is... perplexing.. I don't know if any one else has had the same experience, but the first thing that came to mind was a hospital or dentists, and a not very clean one at that. There is a strange antiseptic smell, coupled with a slightly disturbing smell of something metallic and unlean, but not unclean in a sexy civety musky way, but in a mildewy, tepid water kind of way.
19th March, 2012

Add your review of L.I.L.Y

Shop for L.I.L.Y products online

Shop for L.I.L.Y at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L.I.L.Y

Member images of L.I.L.Y

There are no member images of L.I.L.Y yet. Why not be the first?