Terre d'Hermès Parfum (2009)
by Hermès

Terre d'Hermès Parfum information

Year of Launch2009

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Terre d'Hermès Parfum

Terre d'Hermès Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Terre d'Hermès Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès Parfum

full bottle EDP. I think its decent. I'm not able to appreciate any significant presence of the wood notes. the performance is great. But not very complex or exciting. Not the most exciting fragrance in my collection. But is a safe, unoffensive, neutral buy.
12th March, 2017
I first tried Terre d’Hermès in the eau de toilette concentration. It is radiant in the contemporary manner, not forceful, but persistent. The eau de toilette’s slightly sour edge gives the impression of two voices singing together, one sharp and one flat. The notes don’t balance each other and they don’t cancel each other out. They sit uneasily next to each other.

Terre d’Hermès is linear, but has a single, wide accord that seems to surround you. It is radiant like many other contemporary linear masculines (a famously heavy percentage of Iso-E Super), but it seems to encompass you rather than emanate from you. The parfum is smoother and differently calibrated than the edt. It cushions the tartness of the edt, making it less curdled than tart. There is nothing superfluous, yet there’s no feeling of starkness.

The artistry, consideration and likely enormous amount of editing that went into the making of Terre d’Hermès are evident. Apply any binary set of descriptors to Terre d’Hermès and you’ll find it sits dead center, equidistant from the poles. I imagine an inordinate amount of effort went into placing Terre d’Hermès smack in the middle of the road. It suggests nothing. It refers to nothing. It asks nothing. It is devoid of character.

Forget Prada. The Devil wears Hermès.
07th February, 2017
I have now worn this about 5 times to get an accurate feel for this great fragrance. I split my collection up with work/daytime scents and night time gourmands, vintage power scents and the freaky stuff. This is a great work scent and nobody has recoiled to the corner of the elevator and sneezed when I get on.

My body usually eats citrus up and leaves just a faint skin scent (looking at you Aventus) so as I sit at my desk I enjoy the moderate sillage that wafts up my shirt. I haven't received any compliments yet but I'm waiting for them.

The note paramid is fairly accurate but I don't really get much wood at the base however I thoroughly enjoy the mineral notes in the heart along with a slight smokiness to the deep citrus.

Is it a masterpiece of perfumery? Not quite, the fragrance dosen't really evolve quite much but the longevity is quite good for this type of fragrance (citrus).

A fantastic work and daytime scent and worthy of a back up bottle for me.
02nd February, 2017
I tend to associate fragrances with music (combining the senses of smell & sound). I am also not sure how relatable my associations are, so take it for what it is worth. Terre D’Hermes reminds me of the be-bop jazz album Blue Train by John Coltrane. It’s sophisticated but different. Abstract but easy to take in. It doesn’t go leaps and bounds in trying to overpower or “wow” anyone around. Its draw is in subtlety -- quiet yet abstract. Orange smelling but not sweet. Classic yet modern.

Terre D’Hermes is the best “earthy citrus” on the market, in my eyes (beating Le Labo’s Bergamote 22 – a close second). Someone described this as smelling of a “dirty orange” – and I completely agree. It is aptly named. Although this works well in any season, I wear it as my signature in the Spring. After a long cold winter, I enjoy pulling out the smell of new earth, coupled with fruity citrus. It’s a "Here Comes the Sun" kind of feeling when spring begins and I begin to wear this fragrance again. It’s not completely summer…but it gets me ready for the transition of spring by reminding me of the new birth taking place in the warming soil. The dirt yielding new fruits and plants.

The EDP is heavier on the “orangeness” to my nose. It starts with the orange blast (and grapefruit is detected) – and immediately you pick up on the peppery/earthy notes. The earthy notes are layered. I pick up on vetiver, minerals, and even a smell of soil. The peppery mineral-like earth accord (coupled with the Vetiver) is also perfect for the office. If you want a true signature that will be remembered, this is it. Like Blue Train, it is abstract enough to be remembered, but generally not threatening or offensive to anyone. People MAY be put off or curious about it at first, but the longer the association with your smell, the more drawn by it and familiar with it they become (also like the jazz album).

The fragrance stays pretty linear with these orange/peppery/vetiver notes. However, if there are any basenotes to describe or detect at all – they would be the earthy smell of minerals gunpowder that remain on the skin (more prevelant in the EDT but definitely present in the EDP as well). It’s hard to describe it, you just have to experience it….

Longevity and projection are perfect. BUT… my only complaint of this fragrance is the olfactory fatigue that kicks in and prevents me from enjoying this gem on a day to day basis. Since this is my signature scent for the spring, I have to take a break for a week or so and “re-trick” my nose into detecting the smell (which is okay, because I use that time to enjoy Creed’s Green Irish Tweed during those weeks!). It is a shame about the olfactory fatigue though…

All in all, this one is near perfect. A modern classic!
9.5/10 (only because of the olfactory fatigue)
19th January, 2017
This is one of my all time favourite fragrances. Earthy, bold, good longevity and always receives compliments.
I see little point in buying the 'non-parfum' version as it is simply a watered down version of this and is ultimately disappointing
12th September, 2016
If I only owned one. This would be it. Fantastic long lasting and sofisticated fragrance.
18th June, 2016