Terre d'Hermès Parfum (2009)
by Hermès

Terre d'Hermès Parfum information

Year of Launch2009

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Terre d'Hermès Parfum

Terre d'Hermès Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Terre d'Hermès Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès Parfum

This is what I imagine Don Draper smells like. It's sophisticated, mysterious, gorgeous and a little dirty on the inside.
07th May, 2015
I can immediately tell that this is a Jean-Claude Elena fragrance. The opening citrus bears the classic Jean-Claude Elena citrus aura so apparent in so many of his fragrances. For some reason I’m liking this citrus opening better than as usual for me. Come to think of it, I’ve enjoyed several of Hermes' latest men’s offerings: Jardin Sur le Toit, Gentiane Blanche, Voyage…

This parfum version Terre d’Hermes comes across quite strongly. The opening is not as cool as the original TdH because the flint accord holds off for a while longer than in the original, I guess it gives the opening citrus a longer period to shine. When the stony flint note takes over, the scent shows the cool earthiness that TdH is famous for, only richer and more full than in the original. This flinty / citrus accord forms the core of Terre d’Hermes Parfum and has excellent longevity. The drydown goes woody with a hint of the citrus / flint remaining.

I find this a rather linear fragrance which is centered around some genuinely interesting and enjoyable accords. It is quite seductive.
03rd May, 2015 (last edited: 17th May, 2015)
If you prefer the great smell of Terre a tad bit milder on your skin, with less projection but huge longevity, this is the one for you.
03rd April, 2015
TdH Pure Perfume is a beauty. I wore it for the first time today and I felt so sophisticated. Even though it is a "pure perfume" it's not strong at all. It is just right and gives off the right projection. I find that TdH EDT is stronger that this one. It lasts a long time on me. I put it on this morning at 7:30am and it is now 8:00pm and I can still smell it. Perfect for any occasion.
13th February, 2015
Terre d'Hermes Parfum was one of the first fragrances I had at the beginning of this hobby, and has seen me through some not so great times. A restrained orange opening with hints of spices, is followed by a mineral earthy mid and woody base. I can detect some vetiver in the heart and the base, perhaps a hint of cedar as well. It has decent performance on my skin. Really stands out in the crowd of other designer fragrances- a solid release!
30th January, 2015
As others have noted, this is a smoother, richer, deeper version of TdH.
I really get a pink grapefruit note in the opening. The mineral note is much slower to emerge and is less crisp for a long time. The dry-down is very similar, except that the mineral note is a bit more sea-side (salty breeze) than earthy. A good scent, but I like the original better -- brighter, crisper, more refreshing. When I want TdH those are the things I seek.
15th December, 2014