Terre d'Hermès Parfum (2009)
by Hermès

Terre d'Hermès Parfum information

Year of Launch2009

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Terre d'Hermès Parfum

Terre d'Hermès Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Terre d'Hermès Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès Parfum

On me, this is fundamentally, a longlasting skin scent...and Im ok with that. It has a creamy, "sandle-woody", drydown that really hooks you. That nearly putrid orange peel vibe that it gives, is interesting and atypical enough for me, to have bought the 6 oz jug of the parfum.

The quintessential office scent...and maybe the most versatile scent in perfumery. A very solid perfume.
31st January, 2016
It’s been quite some time since I wore TdH EdT, but i feel this is brighter and crisper, with greens and citrus being much more prominent. The dry down presents peppery wood notes. I can fully appreciate the impact TdH has had on the fragrance world, and it is a wonderful scent, it’s just that I’m a guy who likes to wear things found off the beaten path. This also feels as though it would work in warmer temps, maybe summer nights out? Has wonderful longevity, but sits relatively close to the skin on me. My wife loves this! Thumb up!
08th December, 2015
I can understand why so many people like this fragrance. I fell in love with it at first sniff and wore it happily for about a year after that. It is a very strong scent, so I had to apply it judiciously when in close quarters because it projects really well and lasts several hours.

However, after a while, some note began to give me headaches, and the scent became so oppressive that I had to stop wearing it altogether. I've never had this happen with any other fragrance.

The petrichor-like mineral note is interesting, and the grapefruit and other citrus are nice as well. I don't smell anything rotten, abrasive, or strange here, as some people seem to detect.
11th November, 2015 (last edited: 06th January, 2016)
Definitely in my top 10. My first purchase of TDH was for the EDT, which strangely enough has a large variance of notes from the EDP. The funny thing is I wasn’t really sure I liked it the first time I sprayed it on. However, by the end of the day I loved it so much, I went online and purchased the biggest bottle of the EDP that I could find. BTW, both are awesome and smell relatively the same to my unprofessional nose, with the EDT being bolder, while the EDP is more refined. Strangely enough, the EDT has more projection and sillage though, while the EDP stays closer to the skin and lasts all day long (12hrs+).

Longevity: 10/10
Sillage: 7/10
Overall: 10/10
24th September, 2015
JonB Show all reviews
Most of you already know all about TdH, so I won't talk too much about "notes" here. I will just make a couple of observations. This is a pretty linear scent, and I'd bet that TdH consists of very few ingredients. In fact, I would guess that there aren't as many ingredients as there are notes in the pyramid. The second observation I will make is that there's very little difference between the EdT and the Parfum except for projection. Yes, the Parfum may be a tiny bit smoother (and I stress "tiny"), but the main difference is how the Parfum wears closer to the skin. It's a bit strange that you need at least twice as much of the parfum to equal the EdT. I see very little advantage in spending more for the parfum. Overall, this is a great fragrance, earthy, spicy, orange.
01st September, 2015
This is what I imagine Don Draper smells like. It's sophisticated, mysterious, gorgeous and a little dirty on the inside.
07th May, 2015