Terre d'Hermès Parfum (2009)
by Hermès

Terre d'Hermès Parfum information

Year of Launch2009

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Terre d'Hermès Parfum

Terre d'Hermès Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Terre d'Hermès Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès Parfum

I've worn the EdT of Terre extensively over the past year and, being a fan, recently picked up a bottle of the parfum version for a steep discount. Try as I might, I can't quite parse any major differences between the two formulations, at least not enough to justify the latter's higher price. At a push, I think the parfum sparkles a bit less but feels more rounded and bass-heavy, with a stronger emphasis on the spicy, mineral and woody notes of the original and less focus on citrus. What baffles me slightly are the reviews I've read that claim the opposite - that the parfum has more orange, less wood and mineral aspects. The problem with both formulations is that they fatigue my nose rather quickly, so consecutive days of wear give me skewed impressions of the scent, if indeed I'm able to smell it at all. (I blame that slick-haired showoff of the perfumer's palette, Iso E Super, for this effect.) I may eventually detect more dramatic differences between the two concentrations as I continue to wear and enjoy both, but for now, I throw my hands up and dismiss the decision to release a "parfum" concentration as a marketing tactic to spike sales over at Hermés. Don't knock yourself out and/or bruise your wallet to get your grubby mitts on the parfum version - the original plays essentially the same tune, and performs just as well.
16th May, 2017
The EDP is definitely different from the EDT. This is much more focused on the orange notes. EDT has more wood, pepper, vetiver. While this is heavier on the orange, I would say the EDT is brighter than this. The orange in Terre isn't exactly a fresh orange. It is more of a rotten orange that has been mixing with soil, where it will eventually become one with the soil. While that may smell bad in reality, here it is quite nice.
08th May, 2017
Terre d'Hermès Parfum, to me, embodies the ideal masculine - not in your face, speaking in sophisticated and simple terms that are easily understood (not necessarily loved...that's in the nose of the beholder).

As the name suggests, Terre d'Hermès is earthy, but not dirty nor avant garde. It strikes a great balance between citrus, spice, and woodiness, smelling like a classic men's fougere fragrance, yet made for the contemporary wearer.

Terre d'Hermès Parfum smells well-crafted and classy, not gimmicky, suited for most any occasion at most times of the year. The edt formulation is sharper and less rounded out; the "fresh" version is brighter and a bit hollowed out (though still pleasant). I don't mind either one, but Terre d'Hermès Parfum feels like the heart and essence of what they're all trying to communicate, and that's the one I chose to get.

04th April, 2017
full bottle EDP. I think its decent. I'm not able to appreciate any significant presence of the wood notes. the performance is great. But not very complex or exciting. Not the most exciting fragrance in my collection. But is a safe, unoffensive, neutral buy.
12th March, 2017
I first tried Terre d’Hermès in the eau de toilette concentration. It is radiant in the contemporary manner, not forceful, but persistent. The eau de toilette’s slightly sour edge gives the impression of two voices singing together, one sharp and one flat. The notes don’t balance each other and they don’t cancel each other out. They sit uneasily next to each other.

Terre d’Hermès is linear, but has a single, wide accord that seems to surround you. It is radiant like many other contemporary linear masculines (a famously heavy percentage of Iso-E Super), but it seems to encompass you rather than emanate from you. The parfum is smoother and differently calibrated than the edt. It cushions the tartness of the edt, making it less curdled than tart. There is nothing superfluous, yet there’s no feeling of starkness.

The artistry, consideration and likely enormous amount of editing that went into the making of Terre d’Hermès are evident. Apply any binary set of descriptors to Terre d’Hermès and you’ll find it sits dead center, equidistant from the poles. I imagine an inordinate amount of effort went into placing Terre d’Hermès smack in the middle of the road. It suggests nothing. It refers to nothing. It asks nothing. It is devoid of character.

Forget Prada. The Devil wears Hermès.
07th February, 2017
I have now worn this about 5 times to get an accurate feel for this great fragrance. I split my collection up with work/daytime scents and night time gourmands, vintage power scents and the freaky stuff. This is a great work scent and nobody has recoiled to the corner of the elevator and sneezed when I get on.

My body usually eats citrus up and leaves just a faint skin scent (looking at you Aventus) so as I sit at my desk I enjoy the moderate sillage that wafts up my shirt. I haven't received any compliments yet but I'm waiting for them.

The note paramid is fairly accurate but I don't really get much wood at the base however I thoroughly enjoy the mineral notes in the heart along with a slight smokiness to the deep citrus.

Is it a masterpiece of perfumery? Not quite, the fragrance dosen't really evolve quite much but the longevity is quite good for this type of fragrance (citrus).

A fantastic work and daytime scent and worthy of a back up bottle for me.
02nd February, 2017