Artek Standard (2009)

HouseComme des Garçons
Created ForArtek
PerfumerOlivier Pescheux

About Artek Standard

Artek Standard is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Pescheux

Artek Standard fragrance notes

Reviews of Artek Standard

I've been wearing this fragrance consistently since I acquired it and will likely finish this bottle before anything else that I have in my collection. This and Dry Clean are my favorites of the CDG line. What can you expect with Artek Standard? It is sharp, especially in the opening and you are immediately hit with a poignant lemon-y tea metallic accord with a cedar backbone. The saffron appears clean and a floral musk supports these quirky notes. Artek shares some characteristics with Santal 33 by Le Labo (both have that sharp woody backbone) but there is no sandalwood at all in this fragrance. I've layered this with CDG Synthetic Series 6: Dry Clean and some how they work wonderfully together. It is very clean and versatile. With respect to performance, you can spray this 10x without offending anyone yet it isn't a weak concentration either. The fragrance is weird but very attractive and easy to wear. Who is better at creating abstract/avante garde fragrances than Comme des Garcons? I really recommend this to any CDG fan....
24th August, 2016 (last edited: 25th August, 2016)
Metal and wood with a light dash of tea. Sounds strange but this works folks! 8/10
06th July, 2016
This is one of my absolute favorites from the line. A great example of how synthetics can be used to create a wonderful perfume. CdG Artek Standard combines a clean lemon-musk-ginger-tea with a sharp cedar note that serves as the backbone of the scent.
23rd June, 2016
I so much wanted to like this. The the concept, the sizzle, the physical aesthetics, were perfect for me, and I am more that open to CdG's modernist shtick. I even own Artek furniture. I almost bought the fragrance upon first card spritz in the store. Thank goodness the lovely folks at Aedes de Venustas instructed me to take a sample instead and give it a proper trial. Alas, I ultimately had to admit after a couple of test drives that all that remains after Artek Standard's first hour is Eau de HampsterCage -- cedar shavings and not much else.
28th April, 2015
I happen to really like Standard. To me, it encapsulates a gorgeous, modern, Calatrava glass-and-steel skyscraper. I do get a whiff of cleaning fluid at the get go (it has a remarkable resemblance to Fantastik), but I also get the fennel, and the ginger (although I get more of a pickled sushi ginger than the fresh root) and the hint of metal. There's a certain sterility, like that skyscraper, that is somehow beautiful in this context.

It is eminently wearable, minimalist but unique, and smells great on.

My problem is that I can't shake the feeling that Standard is what you wear to the suit-and-tie soulless consulting job you hate to try to assert the last shred of individuality you are clinging to before you finally quit. I have a friend who is in exactly in that situation right now, and I can't imagine anything else that he would wear.

Thumbs up anyway for a lovely composition, and the Calatrava architectural image I keep getting.
07th August, 2014
Delightfully aromatic top notes. Airy and clean and I don’t recognize the cause: Previous reviewers said synthetic… cleaning fluid… Finnish Labrador tea… metallic… lemon, cedar, ginger, incense. All these descriptions are true, and yet they are not exactly true. But don’t look to me, either… I don’t have the vocabulary for what is exactly the true description of this fragrance. Lucky Scent calls it “highly diffusive” and that is a very good description of what impresses me most about this fragrance.

CdG’s Standard is anything but standard. It is a genius abstraction, a “natural” synthetic, a bizarre familiarity. As peculiar as it is, it is subtle and an easy wear. I love it.
04th May, 2014

Add your review of Artek Standard

Shop for Artek Standard products online

Search Amazon for Artek Standard

Member images of Artek Standard

There are no member images of Artek Standard yet. Why not be the first?