Dark Aoud (2011)

Dark Aoud information

Year of Launch2011

HouseMontale

About Dark Aoud

Dark Aoud is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2011

Dark Aoud fragrance notes

Reviews of Dark Aoud

I sampled this along with Black Aoud and Full Incense. I liked the other two a lot (one potent rose oud, one potent incensy). But I didn't like this one at all: at least on my skin and to my nose it went rapidly to a sour-sweat drydown which reminded me of the equally unpleasant end-destination of Aramis. Not for me.
24th June, 2019
Bbrito Show all reviews
Did a blind buy of this because I do love oud and I do love wood... and I'm testing it out today at work but definitely I'm enjoying it so far and so did my roommate this morning when I walked out... so, so far it's a thumbs up for me.
27th March, 2018
Picked up a sample of this.....

This fragrance reminds me of Aoud Vanille from the house of Mancera (Montale's sister store/brand). Rosy but not completely floral, dark even slightly sharp but not harsh, sweet but not syrupy.

I love the masterfully blended notes of Sandalwood, Oud, Black Pepper, Saffron, Vetiver, and Leather. With these notes, you get the leather but a bright rosy feel as the dry down emerges. Afterwards, this beautiful sweet slightly powdery aroma envelops and it's very intriguing.

Dark Aoud, again reminds me of Aoud Vanille; Not sure if I need this since I have Aoud Vanille....we'll see! Overall, great fragrance!
07th November, 2017
Peppery sandalwood, actually quite pleasant. I do get some of the smokey oud but itís not as heavy or dominant as other Montales Iíve tried. Also, there is just a touch of something sweet, maybe the amber, that makes it easier to wear and enjoy.

Excellent performance from Dark Aoud, so go easy on the trigger. Big projection and lasts all day.
23rd October, 2017
Dark Aoud is actually the first Montale Aoud fragrance that I've found pleasant from the very opening. The screechy trademark Montale synthetic aoud is still present but I also get a raw leather note and a creamy sandalwood. I'm not sure if there's vetiver in this, but I do sense a dry element in the later stages which is likely more a iso-e-super effect than vetiver. It's typical Montale; brashly conceived with a bombastic sillage and longevity. What redeems Dark Aoud is the scent is highly masculine and the combination of aoud, leather and sandalwood is intoxicating, albeit a synthetic, lab originated attraction. Let's face it, real sandalwood just isn't going to be noticeable 10 hours later. Love Montale for what they are, don't worry over what they aren't. Not my favorite from Montale but not bad either.
15th October, 2017
Dark Aoud is all synth oud, black leather, pepper/saffron, and sandalwood to me with the same spice notes that accompany some of their other fragrances. Not bad, but wouldn't buy. Update: bought. I was looking for a simple oud without the rose (that usually accompanies oud) and without the huge pricetag (Killian, MFK).

On my skin, the dry down is a bit more pleasant with less of the leather and spice and more of the sandalwood. It's super clean and refined so if you're searching for something funky or dirtier or interesting, go somewhere else. It reminds me of Moto Oud by Blackbird, only richer, and less pepper and rubber. If you want something dirtier, complex, and more adventurous than Dark Aoud, sample Clive Christian V.

After trying Killian's pure oud and MFK's Cashmere Oud, I went with this one and not only due to the pricetag. I found this way richer and opulent than the others. My takeaway: don't overlook Montale.

8/10 overall

23rd May, 2017 (last edited: 21st December, 2017)

Add your review of Dark Aoud

Shop for Dark Aoud products online

Shop for Dark Aoud at online perfumeries

Dark Aoud Montale Edp Spray 3.3 Oz (100 Ml) (U)

End Date: Monday Jan-20-2020 10:21:27 PST

Montale Dark Aoud By Montale 3.4 oz Unisex Eau de Parfum NEW IN SEALED BOX

End Date: Tuesday Jan-21-2020 6:51:59 PST
Buy It Now for only: $113.40
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz / 100 ml (Men)

End Date: Tuesday Jan-21-2020 8:34:09 PST

Montale Paris Dark Aoud by Montale Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 14:51:30 PST
Buy It Now for only: $101.99

Member images of Dark Aoud

There are no member images of Dark Aoud yet. Why not be the first?