Cuir Fétiche Fragrance Notes

Shop for Cuir Fétiche products online

Reviews of Cuir Fétiche

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

angelica's avatar
    angelica

I think this is a really beautiful floral take on leather, and it's character is light and diffusive, no heavy sticky resins lurking here. The ylang-ylang really stands out on my skin. For me it's a very comfortable, elegant leather for day wear and quite feminine. I chose it when hunting for a new leather and after sampling every leather I could get my hands on. It was a goldilocks moment in which this one seemed 'just right'. In the past I've worn Cuir de Russie and Daim Blond, so I guess that gives an indication of the type of leather I like... not very leathery-leather!

04 September, 2012

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

Light leather fragrance. Soapy, floral heart. Lists ambergris in the notes, which is fascinating, yet I detect a bit of “ashtray” here, a subtle smokiness that is off-putting. Definitely won’t replace Cuir de Russie, Jolie Madame, or Tabac Blonde in my estimation.

01st June, 2012

Kaern's avatar
    Kaern

I was expecting a bit of a leather bomb going off in my face, but it is surprisingly and pleasantly refined in it's rendition. CF is an exercise in smokey sandalwood with an undercurrent of leather + musk to keep the longevity going. If you like Rien or Knize Ten, you may find this a bit tame. Me, I love it.

PS. Santal Noble is readily available again -- it still smells like the original also.

13 February, 2012

easycesco's avatar
    easycesco

I agree with "alfarom". Cuir Fetiche is Very well crafted but nothing new. Very closed to other precedent masterpieces like Chanel or Knize... but 100 years after.

22 December, 2011

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

Cuir Fetiche honestly did nothing for me. It strikes as a very classic flowery leather in the same vein of Knize Ten or Chanel's Cuir De Russie. It's definitely well crafted and has an overall good quality but if you're already familiar with historical leather frags such as the ones I previously mentioned, Cuir Fetiche adds nothing new on the table.

I'm quite a big fan of Maitre but, what really compells me about their older compositions is their rough edge and challenging power that Cuir Fetiche completely lacks. It's too polished, mannered and...polite. Not bad but it surely doesn't stand out in this crowded territory.

17 December, 2011

Larimar's avatar
    Larimar
    Austria Austria

I'm totally excited about Cuir Fetiche EdP! If this is meant to be a comeback for Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - WELCOME BACK and Congratulations!
    I tried it on a paper strip and my skin. I feel there are quite some elements this shares with Knize Ten - blended seaminglessly, more refined and more 'unisex' in its overall vibe. The heart clearly brings the leather and ylang-ylang to the center (think soft Knize Ten with Cuir de Russie Parfum). There's definitely an animalic hint lurking in the background, a naughty touch (ylang-ylang). The drydown is familiar MPG territory. The patchouli is still tolerable for me at this amount. Up close the musk in the drydown is of the synthetic kind I am not too fond of, if I focus on it specifically.
    Leather is a note I have seen so many times claimed in a composition, yet so very rarely seen done right (a real leather note!) - Cuir Fetiche does it right - very right, in fact!
    Do sample it and find out yourself! I think my vote for best release 2011 goes to MPG!

16 December, 2011