McGraw Southern Blend (2009)
by Tim McGraw

McGraw Southern Blend information

Year of Launch2009

HouseTim McGraw
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty

About McGraw Southern Blend

Tim McGraw: “I just wanted something understated and cool — something where you didn’t feel like you were putting on some sort of French name, something that had a masculine feel to it. They’re both everyday fragrances, but Southern Blend’s a little lighter. I always picture a field when I think about [Southern Blend].”

McGraw Southern Blend fragrance notes

Reviews of McGraw Southern Blend

Picked this up for the good reviews, intrigued by some notes I like (whiskey, tobacco leaf, anise), and the absolute rock bottom price point. Two things were clear right away: it smells damn good and there are performance issues. I sprayed about twice as much as I usually do just to get a really good whiff of it. That said though the sillage isn't half bad (I think), as others still noticed it when I didn't.

Spicy, but almost all from the tobacco note, and not much else. The whiskey blast is pronounced at the start but fades quickly. Amber, Vetiver, Lavender, and Anise support this one.

Thumbs up for producing an almost niche quality smelling scent, albeit with anemic performance. But for the ridiculously low price it's easy just to reapply.
01st March, 2015
This one is quite a nice cheapy, but longevity is not very good. What we have in Southern Blend is a VERY spicy, masculine fragrance. Whiskey, tobacco, amber, leather, all big notes, all play a big role here. Violet leaf and lavender in the middle make it slightly floral, and there's some vetiver in the dry down, but not much. I would say this one focuses on the old barrel whiskey accord, this is the central note, it's very spicy, and it's very dominant, so make sure you like the smell of whiskey, or you won't like this.

I stumbled upon this gem at the end of 2009, and have been through several bottles. It's become a staple in my collection. It also gets compliments, but usually only within the first 20 minutes of wearing it, although I did wear it to a wedding, and received a compliment several hours into the night, so who knows. I do know that I can't detect it on myself whatsoever past the 4 hours mark, but it's inexpensive enough, so I can reapply.
22nd March, 2014
Despite the dreadful marketing and hideous packaging, this is really quite nice. An interesting and sophisticated (in a Country Western way) dominant note of bourbon and sweet tobacco over classic, masculine underpinnings of vetiver, lavender, and amber. The balance is excellent and the materials are of good quality. The net result is pleasing with some distinction and originality and just a bit of an edge. Excellent longevity as well.

Like most celebrity fragrances, McGraw is really a Coty product. It is worth noting that Coty, a huge, well-managed company that still bears the name of the greatest and richest perfumer of all time, is probably unsurpassed in turning out decent product at a reasonable price and can afford to take a few risks now and then (Davidoff is another Coty brand). Coty didn't get successful by accident. Too bad snobbish prejudices cause many to remain ignorant of its better efforts.

02nd August, 2012
I have to admit at first I was not fond of this but after acouple of wearings it grew on me. It's well blended and If I can think of a word to describe this it would be SMOOTH. Longevity is pretty good and sillage is average. Don't be afraid to try this you just might like it.

03rd March, 2012
I like this. It strikes me as woody with a touch of pine and "the outdoors"; boozy with some tobacco - "the indoors"?; a little spicy and sweet; maybe a little leathery or an impression thereof; all nicely balanced, smooth, and masculine.

I've been sampling a bit over the last year or two, including a number of Creeds (which don't seem to last very long on me, and only two so far that I'm really impressed with). I've received compliments on two so far: McGraw Southern Blend and, of all things, Angel by Mugler, which I sampled before buying for my wife. Go figure.
30th January, 2012

Add your review of McGraw Southern Blend

Shop for McGraw Southern Blend products online

Search Amazon for McGraw Southern Blend

Member images of McGraw Southern Blend

There are no member images of McGraw Southern Blend yet. Why not be the first?