Spicebomb (2012)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 220 ratings

Spicebomb Fragrance Notes

Spicebomb information

Spicebomb is a men's fragrance by Viktor & Rolf. The scent was launched in 2012 and the bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Shop for Spicebomb products online

50ml EdT
    90ml EdT
    50ml EdT

Reviews of Spicebomb

Showing 1 to 6 of 66 reviews.

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Sure I'll rate it positive but I must stress out that I don't get the fuss, however I do sort of like it. There were talks about it reminding of Burberry London - maybe in style yes but most certainly not in character!

Spice Bomb is a hybrid of several fragrances in my subjective opinion. These would be: Givenchy Pi, Burberry London, Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit, Azzaro Pour Homme Night Time and a tad bit of Gucci Pour Homme II. They successfully blended it all together but not entirely in the sense that they created a true masterpiece, not even a fragrance that stands in itself as something that can easily outshine the mentioned frags.

Spice Bomb is all about good marketing. Sure it's quite a nice fragrance, I in fact like it, but I also have to be subjectively objective about it - whatever that means.

This fragrance is not what it's marketing implies it is. In a way it has this glimpse of reminiscent sadness in it. I'll try to explain more or less - today is a not too cold, but not nearly a warm day in Zagreb. It's a bit windy, the sky is gray, however the energy of summer is about. Perfect weather for Spice Bomb and a walk in the city maybe with your girlfriend, holding hands, but are silent, both of you with your own thoughts, together but somehow alone - that is Spice Bomb!

This has to be the first fragrance that I want, but not the whole bottle. 5-10 ml would be enough for me, considering the size of my collection, just to have it here and there for such days described.

Positive, not completely by a margin, but it could have been so if I were maybe in a different mood or setting.

22 July, 2014

Zut's avatar

Spicebomb smells wonderful on my skin. The cinnamon and tobacco notes really stand out with a subtle hint of nutmeg in the background although there is none in the composition (could be the elemi, though). I fell in love with this fragrance like I did with Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. As a matter of fact, I almost bought a bottle on the spot because I was so glad to find an acceptable substitute for Tobacco Vanille at a fraction of the price. Good thing I did not make an impulse buy. The salesman gave me a generous sample which I immediately tried on. Surprisingly, it became powdery almost immediately while remaining spicy. (the tobacco/cinnamon notes were still very noticeable). Unfortunately, there was nothing left of Spicebomb about half an hour after I applied. This is a pity. I really love this fragrance. If ever they issue an EDP or a Spicebomb Extreme, I shall be the first one in line to buy it!

15 July, 2014

newbilong's avatar

the reviews by Dullah, dollars&scents and buysblind are on the money.

there is a nice floral, citric opening, followed by a long, sweet passage that is rather cloying and tiresome. This is the bubblegum phase that several reviewers have referred to. Finally, after a few hours, it dries down to a powdery, spicy finish that is very genteel and may be too feminine for many men.

24 June, 2014

Wolfgang Mazrin's avatar

Love Spice Bomb. It is a great scent for a great price. This scent is for people who gravitate toward warmer smells. It fires off with a heavy peppery cinnamon smell and then eventually fades into a sweet tobacco leather scent. Late at night it can become sweet and powdery and some times it smells a little like chocolate.
    I constantly get complimented on this scent. Whether its the ladies at the office, the girl at the pizza parlor register or my bank teller. Women seem to love it. This is my wife's favorite scent on me.

14 April, 2014

gimpy's avatar

Wow, what a fragrance!

I don't know what's in this, and I don't think I wanna know. Is it an oriental? A spicy wood? I'll go with the paradoxical aromatic-oriental.

Spicebomb smells like a cacophony of spices dancing around. No, it's not the traditional spices you'd expect in a masculine. These are pleasing and never harsh. If Frederic Malle bottled this for $300, it'd be all the craze here.

While probably most similar to L'Occitane's Eau de Baux (I'd say 75%, but EdB is more oriental with less spice and more vanilla), the scent I get the best similarity to is the discontinued Gucci Envy. Not in smell, but in feel. Envy also had that jumble of spice (there, ginger which no one considers a spice) that was so well blended and pleasing as to defy its ingredients. Now Envy is discontinued and Spicebomb is born shortly thereafter. Coincidence or reincarnation?

05 March, 2014

Spicebomb has a smooth, sophisticated opening. I’m not sure how to categorize the accord except that it is an exceptionally rippleless fruity-spicy texture… glossy to the point that I cannot pick out individual notes; I can only recognize the notes by identifying certain characteristics of the accord. The elemi plays a large part in both the glossiness and the lack of individually identifiable notes. There is an aromatic texture that comes from the pink pepper, and, while this aromatic texture lasts, I enjoy the accord. The total accord, if not actually sweet, gives an impression of being sweet – perhaps because of the spiciness. As the aromatic background wanes, I progressively lose my appreciation because what remains is the kind of accord that I know I will find annoying with prolonged exposure. I’ve had the exact same experience with Viktor & Rolf’s Antidote, which I purchased but no longer wear because I’ve grown annoyed with the continuation of the basic accord. So much for the opening… I’ve already determined that I will not be buying this one.

I was not looking to enjoy the middle accord of the chili and saffron because I am not fond of saffron, and I had little hope that I would enjoy its combination with chili. I should have known that I wouldn’t smell the chili – another aberration of mine. So the middle accord simply adds saffron to the remnants of the opening I already dislike. Contrary to my personal thoughts of saffron, I think that it actually improved the opening accord. Go figure…

The base is soft and sophisticated – a leather / tobacco / vetiver accord. Again, it comes across to me as a textured accord… I find it quite pleasant but nothing more. It retains a bit of the spice texture from the top; it contains and element of the afore-mentioned annoying accord; it doesn’t seem to project very much; and it has quite good longevity.

Basically, I see Spicebomb as similar to V & R’s Antidote in the sense that it is interesting, sophisticated (it seems to me to be quite nichy), and it had experienced a lot of attention when it came to the market. I hear very little about Antidote nowadays and I expect the same thing will happen with Spicebomb: It is well-made, sophisticated, successfully introduced, and creative, but I do not believe it has a presence or character that will make it more than a flash in the pan.

09 February, 2014