Spicebomb (2012)

HouseViktor & Rolf
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Spicebomb

Spicebomb is a masculine fragrance by Viktor & Rolf. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

Spicebomb fragrance notes

Reviews of Spicebomb

I don’t have a problem with sweet fragrances, but Spicebomb is just really too much for me. It’s pure, crude, nondescript plastic sweetness which I have a hard time considering a grown man’s fragrance. Or actually a “person’s fragrance”, of any kind. Again, sweetness is not the issue, neither the “generic” factor, which I’m very fine with most of the times. The problem is that Spicebomb smells like if they accidentally switched the nozzles with a barrel of something meant for a candy factory, and bottled that, and sold it. Leather? Saffron? Elegance? This is a juvenile, sticky bubblegum cascade of cinnamon, vanilla, musk, nonsense synthetic gummy bear stuff all wrapped in a bare “masculine” frame of woody musk and spicy amber. All in the worse quality you can imagine – flat, cheap, extremely linear synthetic stuff as in any drugstore shower gel, with no qualities whatsoever except the ability of making you feel in a time machine ready to throw you right into Justin Bieber’s arms in 2005. I’d choose lifetime chastity over any woman complimenting this abomination.

24th November, 2015
Got this for my birthday...

Its a nice Titanium wrapped grenate-like bottle and presentation wise is exquisite.

I find similarities with 1 Million for some reason but more refined and upper scale fragrance.

I do believe it is a modern masterpiece for some reason ... And without any surprise, it is composed by the great Polge.

30th October, 2015
Don't care for this scent. Not bad but definitely not something I want to smell like all day.
27th October, 2015
This smells so amazing on me, lasts forever and projects across the room at times. Not cloying at all, and I find myself smelling it every few minutes or so. Very fruity on first spray. After 15-20 minutes it then becomes very pepper/powdery and the fruity notes subdue more. About an hour later it dries down into a peppery/leather smell with the vetiver giving it a balance. Very masculine and well made, absolutely in my top ten favorites.
22nd August, 2015
Polge copies himself as Spicebomb has the DNA of Dior Homme but it's not as good as DH but still very presentable and wearable. I find Spicebomb to be very linear but that linearity is very enticing as the vanilla, tobacco & spice take hold. It's a nice iteration on the DH theme but if you already have DH, then Spicebomb seems like an afterthought.

26th April, 2015
This cologne is bittersweet, as soon as I smelt it there sweetness overwhelmed my smell and taste. Then this sweet bitter taste and smell came .3 seconds after and I had to put it back right away.

I'm probably a bit bias because I hate colognes that are too sweet right away so I didn't give it much chance, it had quality and portrayed exactly to what it was trying to be a SpiceBomb. I guess I can't complain about the smell I did not like since it smells exactly like the name.

The container is cool but your personality better match this smell otherwise you'll look like a douche that smells too sweet and comes off too strong.

25th April, 2015

Add your review of Spicebomb

Shop for Spicebomb products online

Shop for Spicebomb at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Spicebomb

Member images of Spicebomb

There are no member images of Spicebomb yet. Why not be the first?