Spicebomb (2012)

PerfumerOlivier Polge
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Spicebomb

Spicebomb is a masculine fragrance by Viktor & Rolf. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge. The bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Spicebomb fragrance notes

Reviews of Spicebomb

Oviatt Show all reviews

I was pleasantly surprised when I tired Spicebomb for the first time. The name suggests that this is going to be some nutmeg, clove and cinnamon fest; instead, this is a warm, rich, semisweet leather scent with a vanilla/Tonka undercurrent, even though those notes are not listed. Viktor & Rolf were having a little joke with this one—instead of being in the kitchen with one eye on the timer for your pumpkin pies and the other on the candy thermometer as you wait for the elusive hard ball stage, you are comfortably by the fire on a leather sofa smoking a pipe. Somewhere, at the other end of the house, someone may be cooking with spices in the kitchen, but it ain’t you. I get none of the citrus tops notes. The heart of elemi and pink pepper are evident right from the start and the leathery base of sweet pipe tobacco and wet vetiver are not too far behind. This smells warm and masculine without being too gourmand, nor is it as sweet as some of the other current offerings in this genre. Elemi is one of my favorite notes in perfumery and it is used well here, evoking a balm as opposed to a smoky incense note. Just the thing to wear in cooler weather with a ribbed turtleneck sweater and a suede jacket.
14th November, 2016
I am giving this a neutral based on the fact that although i absolutely love this going on (i dont get any top notes to my nose),
this just disappears on me.
For me it has peppery, powdery dry down with a bit of leather. I just wish i would notice it more when i'm wearing it.
For this reason i cant really judge projection.
21st October, 2016 (last edited: 04th November, 2016)
I almost blind bought SpiceBomb, instead I decided to try a Sample.. my lucky..

I think Spicebomb is too similiar to 1 Million, I didn't get the spice in it, for me it's a sweet fragrance.

Even thought it has leather on the base notes, I couldn't feel it.. The bergamot is so strong and lasts until the frangrance dries down, making it so much sweet.

About the longevity, it a good fragrance, in my skin it lasts for 5 to 6 hours.

Projection could be better.

In my opinion it's a good fragrance, and if you like One Million you're gonna like it..
But do not expect to be surprised..

18th October, 2016
A fairly horrific mess that goes for overkill is nearly every respect. “Bomb” is an appropriate name for this toothache in a bottle. Massively synthetic-smelling, incoherent, and frighteningly popular, Spicebomb unsettles me. Just thinking about having smelled it gives me a headache.
15th July, 2016
I have dior homme,ysl la nuit,ch prive but spicebomb are on my number 1 list and my signature fragrance.

The smell is one of the best designer fragrance out there.i just have a problem with longevity and sillage on this one.totally worse.it only hold about 2 hour on my skin then it turn to skin scent.i dont know its because my body chemistry or the fragrance itself.

But thats not a big deal for me because i really love the spice smell from pink pepper and the drydown from leather,vetiver and tobacco.

The bottle is masterpiece.one of the best i ever seen
18th May, 2016
What more can I say besides Spicebomb is a modern masterpiece by the great perfumer Olivier Polge. Sophisticated, mature, manly, spicy, beautiful scent. Superbly blended and refined smell of warm spice, cinnamon, tobacco, and almost has this woody/earthy quality to me. Please stop with the comparisons to 1 Million. Spicebomb is on another level. This is niche in that it is so exquisite, unique, and blows most designers away. Perfect 10/10 fragrance for men.
28th April, 2016