Royal Oud (2011)

About Royal Oud

Royal Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 2011

Royal Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Royal Oud

I had two compliments in one day when wearing this. The opening is a peppery blast with musky undertones. After about an hour, the cedar and other notes start to come through. The oud is hardly noticeable, I'm not sure why they would call it "Royal Oud." Even though the oud and musk are synthetic, it has been expertly blended into a crisp, masculine fragrance.
18th November, 2017
Some great not much oud
Showcased in much great not oud
Greater than their sum.
27th October, 2017
Stardate 20170812:

Dry dry wood. I don't smell oud. Dry down is a bit better as the sweetness of SW and powder comes through killing the dry woods. But too little too late.
Nothing Royal or sophisticated about it and no oud.
For people who like dry woods this is worth a try.
I will pass.
Neutral to thumbs down.
12th August, 2017
tostig Show all reviews
Royal Oud is my favorite scent. I really love its woodsy, spicy character. I don't get any detectable oud out of it, so I think it is, unfortunately, misnamed. I get very strong cedar and sandalwood and spices. A very important thing to mention about Royal Oud is its tobacco note. Tobacco is *very* prominent in RO and it always surprises me when people don't mention that in reviews. It's a pleasant pipe tobacco-like smell, which I really like. I also get some leather. RO is masculine, there is no "unisex" aspect of this one, despite what Creed says. There is a tiny bit of sweetness in the opening, but the dry down gets a sweetness to it that I find very pleasant and different than the usual woods and spice fragrances. It makes RO lighter and more flexible. I am well stocked up on RO and wear it very frequently. I give it a 10/10. Good longevity; projection is moderate and not as strong as one would suspect from the woodsy note. If you want people to notice it, it takes a fair number of sprays, and thus a bottle of it goes pretty quickly.
07th August, 2017
Complete and utter perfection!!

One of my favorite fragrances of all time.

Classy, elegant and sophisticated. Much like Royal Mayfair I never really cared for the initial blast but after the first 10 minutes it really steps into a league of its own and the dry down is to die for. I can really smell the sandalwood which is one of my most loved smells. Not sure this is one for the kids but if you are 30+ then this should be the next addition to your wardrobe.
21st July, 2017
Nice balanced scent that feels sophisticated and mature like Bois du Portugal. It stays mostly linear throughout. The cedar is more prominent in the scent than oud but you get some similar vibes to M7 but M7 has a more pronounced oud. The galbanum is not too harsh and with the angelica root help the citrus along. It's definitely not sweet which is a plus for me. The musk is nice and not smelling like laundry.
09th April, 2017