Royal Oud (2011)

About Royal Oud

Royal Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 2011

Royal Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Royal Oud

Misnomer because there is no actual Oud in there. For this reason alone a thumbs down for me. I find Creed too cheap and synthetic to be classed as niche.

The only Creed I actually like, which is Aventus is very generic ...
04th March, 2018
Like this one a lot. Wish I had more poetry to my writing, but this is the best I can do.

Reminds me a fair bit of Terre, but Royal Oud's performance is much, much better. I admit to being a fan of Creed as this is my sixth example thereof (if I'm counting right). But to my nose, Creed has more than a little extra over the run of the mill designer frags.

Have to say that I have no idea what true Oud smells like, so I cannot comment thereon. But I do get major Cedar, which I love. Not really getting any of the signature Creed ambergris either, which is a nice change.

5 out of 5 stars from me in my extremely humble opinion.

By the way, the retail prices of Creed are truly astronomical. I purchased a 50ml decant from a reliable ebay seller at a very reasonable price. Not sure if any fragrance is worth the price they are charging. But clearly, there are some out there that would disagree.
15th December, 2017 (last edited: 27th December, 2017)
I had two compliments in one day when wearing this. The opening is a peppery blast with musky undertones. After about an hour, the cedar and other notes start to come through. The oud is hardly noticeable, I'm not sure why they would call it "Royal Oud." Even though the oud and musk are synthetic, it has been expertly blended into a crisp, masculine fragrance.
18th November, 2017
Some great not much oud
Showcased in much great not oud
Greater than their sum.
27th October, 2017
Stardate 20170812:

Dry dry wood. I don't smell oud. Dry down is a bit better as the sweetness of SW and powder comes through killing the dry woods. But too little too late.
Nothing Royal or sophisticated about it and no oud.
For people who like dry woods this is worth a try.
I will pass.
Neutral to thumbs down.
12th August, 2017
tostig Show all reviews
Royal Oud is my favorite scent. I really love its woodsy, spicy character. I don't get any detectable oud out of it, so I think it is, unfortunately, misnamed. I get very strong cedar and sandalwood and spices. A very important thing to mention about Royal Oud is its tobacco note. Tobacco is *very* prominent in RO and it always surprises me when people don't mention that in reviews. It's a pleasant pipe tobacco-like smell, which I really like. I also get some leather. RO is masculine, there is no "unisex" aspect of this one, despite what Creed says. There is a tiny bit of sweetness in the opening, but the dry down gets a sweetness to it that I find very pleasant and different than the usual woods and spice fragrances. It makes RO lighter and more flexible. I am well stocked up on RO and wear it very frequently. I give it a 10/10. Good longevity; projection is moderate and not as strong as one would suspect from the woodsy note. If you want people to notice it, it takes a fair number of sprays, and thus a bottle of it goes pretty quickly.
07th August, 2017