Royal Oud (2011)

Royal Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 2011

Royal Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Royal Oud

Stardate 20170812:

Dry dry wood. I don't smell oud. Dry down is a bit better as the sweetness of SW and powder comes through killing the dry woods. But too little too late.
Nothing Royal or sophisticated about it and no oud.
For people who like dry woods this is worth a try.
I will pass.
Neutral to thumbs down.
12th August, 2017
tostig Show all reviews
Royal Oud is my favorite scent. I really love its woodsy, spicy character. I don't get any detectable oud out of it, so I think it is, unfortunately, misnamed. I get very strong cedar and sandalwood and spices. A very important thing to mention about Royal Oud is its tobacco note. Tobacco is *very* prominent in RO and it always surprises me when people don't mention that in reviews. It's a pleasant pipe tobacco-like smell, which I really like. I also get some leather. RO is masculine, there is no "unisex" aspect of this one, despite what Creed says. There is a tiny bit of sweetness in the opening, but the dry down gets a sweetness to it that I find very pleasant and different than the usual woods and spice fragrances. It makes RO lighter and more flexible. I am well stocked up on RO and wear it very frequently. I give it a 10/10. Good longevity; projection is moderate and not as strong as one would suspect from the woodsy note. If you want people to notice it, it takes a fair number of sprays, and thus a bottle of it goes pretty quickly.
07th August, 2017
Complete and utter perfection!!

One of my favorite fragrances of all time.

Classy, elegant and sophisticated. Much like Royal Mayfair I never really cared for the initial blast but after the first 10 minutes it really steps into a league of its own and the dry down is to die for. I can really smell the sandalwood which is one of my most loved smells. Not sure this is one for the kids but if you are 30+ then this should be the next addition to your wardrobe.
21st July, 2017
Nice balanced scent that feels sophisticated and mature like Bois du Portugal. It stays mostly linear throughout. The cedar is more prominent in the scent than oud but you get some similar vibes to M7 but M7 has a more pronounced oud. The galbanum is not too harsh and with the angelica root help the citrus along. It's definitely not sweet which is a plus for me. The musk is nice and not smelling like laundry.
09th April, 2017
Absolute perfection. I smell citrus and woods upon first spray. After 15-20 minutes the cedar deepens and I smell the sandalwood and some musk. An hour out and from then on, there is a lemon/cedar and musk smell that is a projection beast. Sillage is spectacular. I have never had so many compliments and/or questions when I wear this. When I pull my arm in and smell closely, it gets very strong with a slight berry note. On my wrists, it turns into a powdery berry smell. Completely different. Insane! After trying this for over a month now, it is to me some of the best, ever. To each their own as is said. And for me, it is extremely masculine. I let several people try this male and female. It just smells better for men. Not saying it isn't amazing for a woman to wear. It's my heroin now, and I just pull my arm in close for a fix..
21st March, 2017
Kaern Show all reviews
The opening feels like you have been bashed over the head with a cedar tree and then woken up with some peppers.

I can't detect any 'oud' per se -- it's a very dry 'woody' with hints of green and spices.

It's like the opposite to Guerlain's Santal Royal, which is all about oud.

Royal Oud must vie for 'best in woody genre' in the world.

Trust me -- you are going to feel good wearing this
13th March, 2017