Oud Immortel (2010)

Oud Immortel information

Year of Launch2010

HouseByredo

About Oud Immortel

Oud Immortel is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2010

Oud Immortel fragrance notes

Reviews of Oud Immortel

Byredo Oud Immortel is one of the more hyped cold-weather Byredo options that gets a lot of buzz on the internet, so I was eager to finally trying it out after sitting on a sample for some time, and I'm somewhat surprised by it.

For starters, it doesn't involve much oud. My experience of it is dominated by the floral/citrus/woody side of it. The cardamom adds a spicy floral vibe and mixes with the limoncello (I would have guessed bergamot) to provide a semi-bright opening.

I don't get too many of the woody notes, though rosewood makes sense after learning of it as a notes. I don't detect papyrus (perhaps it's just been a while) or patchouli, either. I get the oud itself but it's certainly in the background relative to the other areas.

I do gather oakmoss from the dry down, but not really tobacco, either. Performance is at least solid, with slightly above average performance for an EDP, at Byredo's standard price points ($150 for 50ml, $230 for 100ml).

Oud Immortel is more or less a mystery to me as I'm unsure how all of the aspects are meant to fit together. It certainly isn't oud-intensive, nor does it emit immortality. A very odd experience, and one that I can't say I'm too pleased with, especially given the hype. If nothing else, this certainly isn't one to blind buy but it's obviously well-loved on the whole so try away!

6 out of 10
28th April, 2016
Bought this fragrance in December, after receiving a sample in the store a few days before Christmas. It was my first experience with a niche perfume and it was love at first sight. It's kindled my interest in perfumes in a manic way. So this fragrance will hold a special place in my heart.

I'm no expert on fragrances but on my skin it's warm and sweet with a lingering campfire like radiation. I felt like a million bucks and someone with a discerning taste. And trust me, that is a very nice way to feel.

It's not a powerhouse of a perfume but it makes it's presence felt in a gentlemen like manner.

I've read it does not contain any Oud or Immortelle but I don't care. It smells great, that's the most important thing for me.
29th January, 2016
Third favorite oud after Creed and TF. To, me it still smells like a classier longer lasting, non-pungent, can be used for a black tie event world class BLACK XS.
18th September, 2015
This is sadly not unisex at all. The opening was beautiful! So unique, I was in love, planning our fist wearing together. The lemoncello adds a welcome brightness and dare I say, fruitiness. My first thoughts were "an oud fragrance I could wear in the warmer months!" But within two hours I started to wonder what the heck smells like an old man in my presence. It had dried down to a nose-bashing ultra-masculine cologne which my fiance described as "You smell like a used car salesman. No wait, like the guy who owns the car dealership. It's a POWER cologne." Not exactly what every woman wants to hear from her lover. I spent the next hour trying to scrub the damn thing off but it was so persistent. 10 hours later I was still getting whiffs of the moss. The sillage and longevity on this stuff is crazy-town.
11th June, 2015
This is a stunning fragrance!
While there are lots of brands, niche and designer involve themselves with oud, rose and saffron combo which is very popular these days but it's quite boring and annoying for me, jewels like this are not really appreciated.
This fragrance opens up with fresh and juicy limoncello note mixed with some oud, some black pepper, some incense and some patchouli.
The limoncello is juicy, sweet and fresh but wait a minute, what is this sharp and dark aroma mixed with it?
Yep, there is some oud and incense here and they give this fresh juicy scent a dark and slightly smoky feeling.
There is no black pepper in this fragrance but I can smell it for sure.
I can also smell patchouli note in the background that give the scent hint of earthiness.
After a while and in the dry down, you can still smell limoncello which is fresh like the opening but now it's less sweet and juicy.
Black pepper is almost gone and you can smell both oud and incense in the background.
Now some green notes kick in and give the scent a little bit more fresh feeling.
The scent is fresh and green, but dark and slightly smoky at the same time.
The dry down is very close to the opening but a little bit fresher!
Now in the base something really interesting happened!
While I was expecting no changes till the end, the tobacco came in!
The tobacco give the scent much more depth and more dark feeling and I think I'm the first one who mention this, but I can smell a very light animalistic smell as well!
The base really surprised me and I loved it.
Projection is awesome and longevity is 8 plus hours on my skin.
As I said it's a stunning fragrance that deserve much more talk about.
A perfect choice for spring and summer nights.
01st February, 2014
Too much for me

At first:
Im a very open minded scent lover and i like most of the strangest scents out here.
Im not a person who dislikes a scent after one sniff or wearing i always try ore then once before going to review.(because a scent must grow on you)
But this one...a first big no for me!
After smelling it 10 times (10 sprays this month)
Im glad i only have a tester bottle.

A very disturbing fragrance of a house who makes great fragrances.
I like de the other oud type fragrance of Byredo called accord oud but this one really puts me off.
I think its the combination of limoncello (light fresh citric) on oud and incense (dark,deep) which takes this scent to a disturbing level of weirdness where its not comfortable to wear anymore.(almost sickning cloying)

Im a blind buyer (80% i bought online these days) and i must warn others spending also on blind buys on this one.

*Just a warning i hate to be negative and i always try to explain my review and i truly love the house Byredo and its fragrances it created during the past years.
Scents are very personal and the perception and experience of the senses of a person is never the same.

24th August, 2013