Accord Oud (2010)

Accord Oud information

Year of Launch2010

HouseByredo

About Accord Oud

Accord Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2010

Accord Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Accord Oud

A cold minty fruity fragrance. Mint isn't listed, but there is a mint-like note that cools it down. Raspberry top note, dirt from patchouli/oud, and saffron balance well. Not really gourmand, more of a green fragrance.
16th July, 2017
Byredo Accord Oud is another interesting interpretation of oud, much like Oud Immortel, in which oud is a key aspect but certainly not the whole story.

Accord Oud reminds me of Tom Ford Oud Wood in terms of the final result, though admittedly the ingredients are a bit different. Oud Wood relies upon, as its name suggests, oud and wood, but Accord Oud thrives more from the leather/oud pairing in concert with some interesting additions, like blackberry for a tangy sweetness that's tart as well, and the cardamom provides a spicy/tart edge to it as well. So in both respects, Accord Oud has more nuance than Oud Wood, though I'd argue that Oud Wood is a bit easier to wear and more refined overall. Still, I've not seen this comparison made before so I'm curious if it's just me, bu that's at least my initial impression, not having tested them side-by-side.

Performance-wise, Accord Oud is strong, certainly more fitted for cold weather wearing and for men, though it could probably be a little flexible with respect to both climate and gender based on traditional norms for each. As with most fragrances, it is what the wearer gets out of it, and I get Oud Wood, mostly, say, 80%.

It seems to be available on the secondary market so pricing is likely a lot better than Oud Wood, anyway, so I'd recommend fans of that to check this out, as it might suit you better.

7 out of 10
07th June, 2017
ACCORD OUD moves through its phases from burning plastics and tyres to rum-soaked hides to soiled rotting logs without ever truly smelling of any real oud I've come across. It's not a bad scent but that doesn't automatically make it a good one either. There is an overarching chemical vibe and textural monotony about it that I don't really care for.
26th July, 2016
Accord Oud was definitely an acquired fragrance to me. My first initial impressions were that someone may have initially poured some type of fossil fuel into my bottle. Really, it’s definitely heady and boisterous - I wouldn’t have been surprised if someone had poured this into their gas tank and gotten better mileage. However, over time, I began to appreciate what I consider to be a really nice (but heavy), leather fragrance that you will likely still be able to smell when you wake up the day after.

Initially, I get saffron, blackberry and rum. The saffron gives the overall feel to AO. It’s a softness that is a nice counterpart to the heady leather. The blackberry and rum mix nicely as well, offering a sweet, but boozy opening. The rest of the fragrance isn’t so easily distinguishable to me. As I said, I basically get mostly leather and some other notes, but they’re hard to pick out individually after the top notes fade. But it’s still very nice.

I’m still debating whether it’s worth the price. At first, I would’ve said a definite ‘no,’ but now I’m not so sure I’d stick with that answer. I would say if you have the money, then it’s definitely worth trying. A decanted sample would be a great idea.
17th February, 2014
This is very pleasant and definitely a unisex fragrance.
The opening is a very yummy combination of sweet saffron, a little bit of cinnamon (yep!) and a weak semi fresh fruity smell that all together reminding me of a local I would say soup (or maybe food!) in my country!
This special soup has been made from rice, saffron, sugar, small pieces of almonds and some cinnamon on top!
Very simple, yet very yummy and the opening of this fragrance remind me of that.
In the mid I can smell a little softer saffron and a light bitter smoky aroma.
It's more like smoky leather than smoky oud, but anyway it's weak and mostly in the background.
You have this scent for about 5-6 hours then the scent changes to a semi sweet/semi tart fruity blackberry smell with some saffron and leather, both completely in the background.
To my nose it doesn't smell like "TF Tuscan Leather" at all. leather has a small role in this fragrance and it's not bold and strong.
I would say this is not a leather based fragrance.
It's an oriental, spicy, fruity fragrance.
Projection is great and I get at least 12 hours of longevity!
I like it.
06th February, 2014
Literally applied this around 2pm today. Here it is, nearly 1AM -- and it's still strong on my wrists... and i wash my hands a LOT!!!!

Spicy, leather, deep, thick.

You dont need much

And you will get a lot.
04th May, 2013

Add your review of Accord Oud

Shop for Accord Oud products online

Search Amazon for Accord Oud

Member images of Accord Oud

There are no member images of Accord Oud yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Accord Oud