Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney] (2011)
by Thierry Mugler

Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney] information

Year of Launch2011

HouseThierry Mugler
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney]

Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney] is a feminine perfume by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2011

Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney] fragrance notes

Reviews of Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney]

There are 2 reviews of Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney].

The opening of the Taste of Fragrance Womanity is like the drydown of the original Womanity: rounded salty fig. Then the chutney makes its entrance. Its spiciness, saltiness and sourness fill the grey zone between sweet fig and salty caviar and sea water and smoothes the transition between these two complete opposite aspects.

The salty fig base of Womanity is still easily recognizable. However, it's not crisp fig and caviar to be eaten raw like the original; instead it's smooth and savoury, like an elaborated gastronomic course. After 5 or 6 hours, the fruitiness takes over the gourmand chutney and the whole fragrance mellows into a cozy sweet fig scent.

If I am to compare the original Womanity, Eau pour Elles and ToF, I'd say the original is no doubt the version with the most edge, EpE is innocent and more playful but is still a woody-fruity scent like the original, while ToF has a significant gourmand vibe thanks to the incredible chutney note. If the original is like the blue cheese (we all know they don't smell alike but they're both loved or hated. ^.^), EpE like fromage frais with strawberry coulis, then ToF must be the main course accompanied by a Roquefort sauce.

Overall, I'd say ToF captures the spirit of the original Womanity while giving out a complete different ambiance. It'd be easier to appreciated compared to the original, like previous reviews stated. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is at least 10h. It definitely worths a try.

Originally written in 2013.
03rd January, 2018
On paper, I get the tangy, juicy fig chutney and lovely caviar. I get the impression of a very tasty, spicy dish, but I wasn't sure wether I would like to wear it. Because, well, it's not a sweet dish, it's a savory one. Smelling like cookies is one thing, but smelling like "real" food?
On my skin however, it turned out to be a strange, fresh, fruity ashlike scent.
I HATE the smell of ashtrays and cold fireplaces. But here, in Womanity TOF it smells great. Maybe it's more warm ashes, I don't know. I don't get anything smoky, just the ashes.
It's accompanied with a sharp, fresh, peppery spicy note. In the drydown I get a juicy milky fig and something "doughy". I believe others might have mentioned this note when describing the original Womanity.
I do not get any salt though. And I'm happy about that, because that was a real problem in the original. It was just a salt bomb.
I don't get the metallic bloodnote I noticed in the original, which is a good thing as well.

All in all I think this is a better balanced version of the original Womanity. It's a great, fresh scent, one of the few "fresh summery scents" I like. It's also very sexy and strange. I really love it, it's very unique (well, unique, it smells abit like the original of course, but apart from that, there's nothing similar out there).
26th May, 2012

Add your review of Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney]

Shop for Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney] products online

Search Amazon for Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney]

Member images of Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney]

There are no member images of Womanity: Le Gut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [Fig Chutney] yet. Why not be the first?