Diaghilev (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseRoja Dove
PerfumerRoja Dove

About Diaghilev

Diaghilev is a shared / unisex perfume by Roja Dove. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Roja Dove

Reviews of Diaghilev

I don't want to admit how much I love this scent because its price point is completely and truly outrageous. So much so, in fact, that I will never buy a full bottle of Diaghilev even though I (theoretically) could. I will never buy anything that Roja makes for just this reason, although I doubt that he is crying tears over my abstention. Okay, now that I got that off my chest...

The scent itself is wondrous: a truly old-school chypre that smells like Mitousko to the third power. I breathe in its fumes like a dog smelling fried bacon, floating off in a haze of gorgeous peach-laden oak moss, jasmine and rose, and just the right hints of cumin and civet. It definitely smells old fashioned, so stay far away if hard-core vintage scents are not your thing. I could wear this quite happily most days...if I were a millionaire and didn't object to RD's business principles (or lack thereof).
05th October, 2017
I have had a sample of this in a cabinet for years. Just tried it tonight. It is opulent & beautiful.
19th September, 2017
JaimeB Show all reviews
The list of notes reads like the kitchen sink, but this is really an elegant chypre than can easily be born by women or men. It's elegant for an evening out, but I also like to wear it when I'm spending the day at home and can enjoy it all by myself. I'd read about this one and really wanted it, but it was a limited edition and very hard to get except by going to Harrod's. Fortunately, a friend of mine was going to London and agreed to pick it up for me. He claims he got the very last bottle in stock. I'm glad he got there in time to snag it!
14th July, 2017
A nice leathery chypre where everything is balanced right. The powder is offset with fruit giving it a Turkish Delight quality. It's like walking through the Napoleon wing at the Louvre. It reminds me of vintage Knize Ten. Definitely a masterpiece.
03rd May, 2017
Roja's Diaghilev clearly has a nuanced appeal for men and women alike, but I could tell quickly from applying that it wasn't quite going to be for me. I'm not sure what specific combination of notes is off-putting to my nose, but there are a lot of daring notes here, and in combination with one another, at that: civet, ambrette, violet, heliotrope, peach, styrax, cumin.

I get mainly a feminine musky floral mix that comes off like old lady perfume, but the same thing can be said of many fragrances that I like and wear, so it's difficult to characterize my distaste for it on this basis. I'm almost troubled that I can't figure out why I dislike it specifically.

It seems like a lot of thought went into it and it was crafted carefully, as one would expect with Roja Parfums, but it just doesn't reside in an area that I like. It seems to perform fine, but sample before wearing, especially given how pricey it is ($1,150 for 100ml parfum).

4 out of 10
13th December, 2016
Supremely elegant and extraordinarily intense but too expensive and reminds me a few vintage.a tendril of oakmoss weaves through exquisite ylang ylang,dirty patchouli and animalic civet keeping this very true to its chypre floral.the scent is like a great chypre but nothing unique.sharp and strong yet warm and romantic.very harmonic,complex,classic,woody,mossy, musky and attractive.the effect of all this intricate harmony is for a strong-willed,self-assertive, passionate man/woman who can also be tender and fragile like a butterfly.it is recommended for evening wear.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Superb on my skin.

19th July, 2016