Diaghilev (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseRoja Dove
PerfumerRoja Dove

About Diaghilev

Diaghilev is a shared / unisex perfume by Roja Dove. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Roja Dove

Reviews of Diaghilev

D is a summary of a genre that is long lost in modern perfumary. The epoch of the chypre genre was the animalic fruity floral with mossy leather nuances with some spice.
It opens with herbs and citrus much like the greats of yesteryear then opens up a mossy leathery heart with cumin, and fruit. The animalic ending makes this dirty and sexy..like you are wearing contraband or something that the IFRA would have a heart attack over. Is it the greatest of all time? No. I will say I have worn the iconic vintage chypres of this genre. Diorama, Patou Lasso, Rochas Femme, Etc. However, If you do not/cant get these vintages..then yes Roja is a great piece.

This is made for a vintage enthusiasts or a well educated nose. This has substance. I find it closer to Femme than Mitsy.

It reminds us how great perfumery used to be.
02nd November, 2018
I don't want to admit how much I love this scent because its price point is completely and truly outrageous. So much so, in fact, that I will never buy a full bottle of Diaghilev even though I (theoretically) could. I will never buy anything that Roja makes for just this reason, although I doubt that he is crying tears over my abstention. Okay, now that I got that off my chest...

The scent itself is wondrous: a truly old-school chypre that smells like Mitousko to the third power. I breathe in its fumes like a dog smelling fried bacon, floating off in a haze of gorgeous peach-laden oak moss, jasmine and rose, and just the right hints of cumin and civet. It definitely smells old fashioned, so stay far away if hard-core vintage scents are not your thing. I could wear this quite happily most days...if I were a millionaire and didn't object to RD's business principles (or lack thereof).

Edit: Now that I have worn nothing but vintage Misouko for a month, I find that my infatuation with Diaghilev is just that. Roja's scent misses the contrapuntal notes that the Guerlain provides in spades. Diaghilev is simply a bit too sweet and mellow, while Misouko is greener and much more layered and mysterious. Mitsy operates in both the upper and lower registers of tone, while the Dove fragrance stays static in the alto range. It provides only the low notes of a cello, while Mitsouko is a string quartet.
05th October, 2017 (last edited: 02nd November, 2018)
I have had a sample of this in a cabinet for years. Just tried it tonight. It is opulent & beautiful.
19th September, 2017
JaimeB Show all reviews
The list of notes reads like the kitchen sink, but this is really an elegant chypre than can easily be born by women or men. It's elegant for an evening out, but I also like to wear it when I'm spending the day at home and can enjoy it all by myself. I'd read about this one and really wanted it, but it was a limited edition and very hard to get except by going to Harrod's. Fortunately, a friend of mine was going to London and agreed to pick it up for me. He claims he got the very last bottle in stock. I'm glad he got there in time to snag it!
14th July, 2017
A nice leathery chypre where everything is balanced right. The powder is offset with fruit giving it a Turkish Delight quality. It's like walking through the Napoleon wing at the Louvre. It reminds me of vintage Knize Ten. Definitely a masterpiece.
03rd May, 2017
Roja's Diaghilev clearly has a nuanced appeal for men and women alike, but I could tell quickly from applying that it wasn't quite going to be for me. I'm not sure what specific combination of notes is off-putting to my nose, but there are a lot of daring notes here, and in combination with one another, at that: civet, ambrette, violet, heliotrope, peach, styrax, cumin.

I get mainly a feminine musky floral mix that comes off like old lady perfume, but the same thing can be said of many fragrances that I like and wear, so it's difficult to characterize my distaste for it on this basis. I'm almost troubled that I can't figure out why I dislike it specifically.

It seems like a lot of thought went into it and it was crafted carefully, as one would expect with Roja Parfums, but it just doesn't reside in an area that I like. It seems to perform fine, but sample before wearing, especially given how pricey it is ($1,150 for 100ml parfum).

4 out of 10

Roja Dove Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Bahrain Qatar Kuwait 0.7ml Parfum Extrait NEW

End Date: Saturday Nov-24-2018 20:55:47 PST
Buy It Now for only: $16.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

ROJA DOVE- Pure Oil By Niche oils Men-Women Choose from list 50 ML NON ALCOHOLIC

End Date: Saturday Nov-24-2018 23:59:16 PST