Opus IV (2010)

HouseAmouage

About Opus IV

Opus IV is a shared / unisex perfume by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Opus IV

A silken spice pavilion staged in the great outdoors. Opens with a bright vegetal note like sweetgrass, framed by citrus and cardamom--i would specify the green cardamom used to flavor desserts, rather than the larger and more camphorous black variety. I also smell a resinous, herbal element like sage. After the first few minutes cedar, cumin and incense notes come to the fore, balancing these bright top notes. The scent is opulent and multifaceted--bewilderingly so at times. A minty minor chord that reminded me of yerba buena surfaced at odd moments, which was surprising, but not necessarily in a bad way. The incense note is smoky and resinous, but also sweet as barbecue sauce. The sweet spices are balanced by the cumin and the grass to such a degree that overall the scent avoids any hint of the saccharine. This can't have been easy. This is one to smell over again. For adepts rather than punters.
30th August, 2016
This reminds me of a holiday season spiced tea, and nearly works as a perfume I would wear.
26th March, 2016
Amouage is my favorite 'house'. Im a guy who indulges in imagination and vision. That said, its no wonder, that Im so in love with a number of the scents that this house makes.

and IV is right up there. If you want a safer Amouage scent, then the Library collection is probably not for you, because every single one of the creations from this collection is off the charts erotic with note construction and longevity.

this is a spice monster with a citrus foundation that keeps it from going completely off the rails. I like the edginess and how 'in your face' it is. You have to pick your spots to wear this, but then again, like most things in life moderation makes living with something or someone, a lot more bearable. So, with a light hand, this is a very impressive everyday scent.
20th January, 2016
Spicey and musky. Too much going on with Opus IV. For those of you who like animalistic frgrances, this is for you. Smells a lot like body sweat.
01st April, 2015
I used to think that VI was the best from this collection until I bought a bottle and then promptly started to hate it (go figure), but I always recall liking IV as well. Well, here I am several years later sampling IV again and it’s solid enough, but I’m just reminded that the Opus line, generally speaking, kind of blows.

This one’s an herbal, cumin-centered incense that’s loaded with my arch-enemy, cardamom. (When I rule the world, cardamom will be banned as, with a few exceptions, I consider it to be one of the main destroyers of otherwise fine perfumes.) But my preferences aside, IV is an herbal resin affair with a stinky cumin quality. It marries Epic Man and Fate Man, to a degree, but whereas neither of those are particularly Eastern, Opus IV drags its cultural baggage along behind it; it's authentically exotic in that it doesn’t feel like it’s faking it in any way. Underneath the truckload of spices, there’s a resin combo that’s cut with buttery flowers and a slight vegetal / sap effect. It’s a relatively dry fragrance, but there’s just a touch of sweetness peeking through from some undisclosed floral. It brings to mind a Georgia O’Keefe landscape — perhaps “Rust Red Hills” (Google it) — although the color impression I get is more blue and orange than burnt sienna. Once the spices die off, it feels more comfortable to me, and even though it’s not quite to my taste, I do still think it’s one of the better offerings from the Opus line (which, as previously mentioned, blows). If you’re into exotic, eastern scents and can handle a heavy dose of culinary herbs and sweaty cumin, then you should probably try and get this one up your nose.
19th March, 2015
Kaern Show all reviews
Unless you have a nose similar to a spectroscope, I would forget about most of the notes listed as this is all about cardamom and incense all held together by a rather dry musk. This accord combines to give off lovely wafts of ginger and pepper -- it's a bit of a spicebomb, but smells rich and distinctive. Definitely a cool weather scent imo. A bit of a nose-tickler, but very nice.

Apparently half of the profits from this fragrance are used to promote HIV/AIDS awareness in Oman.
07th October, 2014

Add your review of Opus IV

Shop for Opus IV products online

Shop for Opus IV at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Opus IV

Member images of Opus IV

There are no member images of Opus IV yet. Why not be the first?