Blu II (2009)

HouseBulgari

About Blu II

Blu II is a feminine perfume by Bulgari. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Blu II

This is OK. Not my style, but OK.
The violet is not intense and piercing, rather it is muted and silvery. The licorice-anise adds a nice aspect. The scent is not too sweet. As others have noted, it gets a bit watery and aquatic in the drydown, but it is not synthetic or ozonic. Attractive in a moonlight, ghostly sort of way.
13th September, 2012
I first got a berry-like topnote, then it briefly went to musk, then it was gone. And extremely fast, too. For the hour it lasted on me, however, it was nice, but for my money I want a fragrance to stick around for a while.
04th September, 2012
Testing BLV Eau de Parfum II for the first time was met with utterances of approval and thoughts along the lines of, "yes, I would definitely wear something like this." I held this fragrance in such high-esteem that when I went to smell it again only a few hours after application, I was horrified to have found it vanished into thin air.

Despite its poor lasting strength, BLV Eau de Parfum II is one of the most unique fragrance releases in the last year or so.

The candied violet when mixed with the rich, licoricey anise and mandarin orange is divine. The opening was both likable and different, being both clean and pretty at the same time.

Unfortunately the scent becomes much softer and more watery as the fragrance develops. The fragrance loses a lot of its concentration, with the patchouli and vetiver being so diluted that they're barely there.

A shame really, seeming that this fragrance had so much promise. The drydown was only slight evidence of its former glory. Musk and tonka bean tended to dominate, but only for a few seconds before this fragrance disappeared completely.

This fragrance was a much improved, more balanced and a heavily powdered version of the original BLV. A pity that this fragrance didn't have the same amount of longevity.
22nd March, 2012
finzi Show all reviews
The very first thing I smell seems to be cucumber! Fresh, clean, quite watery. I like it but it lasts only a few moments before the rest of the perfume hits my nose. It is creamy, with a slight sweetness but this is not overpowering on my skin - it is the most delightful hint of fruits, perhaps with a dash of something more aromatic (that's probably the star anise or liquorice).

Beautifully, discreetly feminine with soft floral notes. I think this is a very elegant fragrance. Good stuff, definitely worth a sniff. I wear it when I want something to cheer me up!
11th March, 2012
Smells like a bad flowery body lotion.
01st March, 2012

Add your review of Blu II

Shop for Blu II products online

Search Amazon for Blu II

Member images of Blu II

There are no member images of Blu II yet. Why not be the first?