What We Do In Paris Is Secret (2012)
by A Lab on Fire

What We Do In Paris Is Secret information

Year of Launch2012

HouseA Lab on Fire
PerfumerDominique Ropion
Parent CompanyShaping Room

About What We Do In Paris Is Secret

What We Do In Paris Is Secret is a shared / unisex perfume by A Lab on Fire. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Dominique Ropion

What We Do In Paris Is Secret fragrance notes

Reviews of What We Do In Paris Is Secret

Shycat Show all reviews
I don't find this to be anything exciting really, but it's pleasant and well done. Pretty standard honey rose over vanilla amber. The heliotrope never jumps out at me, but the dry down is a bit special because I can catch that tolu balsam and it saves the base from being generic. I like the amount of powder--soft and fuzzy in the warm and cool. It's a delicate balance, there at the end, enough for me to give a thumbs up solely on the action after the two hour mark. At three hours the rose and honey have retreated and the heliotrope and vanilla nudge into the foreground. It still has a fair bit of projection at this point as well and feels pretty edible.

If this keeps up I'll have to go edit out my first sentence, because this much progression to something this nice and lasting actually is pretty exciting.
25th August, 2018
I like this one, and I can see why some people are saying it smells a bit like pastry in their reviews – we have a fabulous bakery near where we live and they make the most divine Danishes, and it’s a bit like that lovely waft I get when I open the bakery bag: warm, flaky almondy pastry and vanilla. Straight after putting this on, I get the litchi and rose, then after an hour or so the honey, vanilla and almond start to drift up. Yummy. The down side is that after barely more than three hours wear, it’s already starting to fade. For the price per bottle of this, I’d want it to last a lot longer as it’s definitely one you’d need to re-apply during the day.

UPDATE: I thought this had disappeared, but actually it's obviously one of those scents that you fail to register after a while, even when you sniff and sniff as hard as you can. All afternoon and evening I've been getting lovely wafts of this, and when I asked my husband what he thought, he really liked it - he said it was a bit sweet close up, but just sitting next to me, he said he could smell it and it was lovely. It's now 9:30pm, so it's lasted a good 10 hours, so I have to up the longevity rating to great.
07th August, 2016
This is another perfume I've sampled hearing hype that it was "sexy" but in reality is more discreetly sensual than sex bomb. It's a really beautiful fragrance but it reminded me of sweet, expensive baby powder. It has an air of mystery, but it doesn't take much time to figure out the plot. This would be great to wear in an office setting or some place that required one to wear more discreet scents. But for the price, this is pretty expensive for such minimalism (albeit well done).
23rd February, 2016
Where do I begin? It physically hurts my nose. I mean my sinuses are going wild.

What is in this? It doesn't even smell that good. Way too much powder.

On top of all that it's very expensive for what it is.

I gave it a neutral because the name is great and why I decided to buy a sample. A shallow reason I know. My own fault for buying this.
03rd April, 2015
Reminds me of something I smelled before. Light rose and vanilla make this one average IMO. For the price and amount of fragrance, I want more than average. Amber background with honey peeking out once in a while. 7/10
14th August, 2014
I think this fragrance should have been better named as *What we do in Paris is pretty evident and even a tad boring*.

A bland fruity-rose concoction built around a sweet'n'balmy, vanilla driven, powdery base. Not completely unsuccessful but way too far from being even mention worthy. It shares a kinship with a bunch of Histoires Des Parfums (1876, I'm looking at you) but it's pervaded by a strong sense of polishment and an overall generic vibe which bored me in no time.

All in all smells somewhat decent but that's not enough given the involvement of Mr.Ropion.

Yaawwwn.

What We Do in Paris Is Secret by A Lab on Fire EDP (Unisex) 2 oz

End Date: Tuesday Feb-26-2019 7:57:45 PST
Buy It Now for only: $100.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

What We Do in Paris Is Secret by A Lab on Fire Eau De Parfum Spray 2oz for Women

End Date: Thursday Feb-28-2019 1:15:38 PST
Buy It Now for only: $108.00

End Date: Thursday Feb-28-2019 14:09:23 PST
Buy It Now for only: $157.88
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

What We Do in Paris Is Secret by A Lab on Fire Eau De Parfum Spray (Unisex) 2 oz

End Date: Friday Mar-1-2019 11:21:42 PST
Buy It Now for only: $113.11

End Date: Saturday Mar-2-2019 11:45:11 PST
Buy It Now for only: $157.79
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

What We Do In Paris Is Secret By A Lab On Fire Eau De Parfum Spray (unisex) 2 Oz

End Date: Saturday Mar-2-2019 18:13:24 PST

A Lab on Fire What We Do In Paris Is Secret 60ml/2oz EDP FREE Shipping

End Date: Monday Mar-4-2019 15:44:46 PST
Buy It Now for only: $115.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

New What We Do In Paris Is Secret By A Lab On Fire Eau De Parfum Spray (unisex)

End Date: Tuesday Mar-5-2019 2:23:02 PST

What We Do In Paris Is Secret Eau De Parfum Spray (Unisex) By A Lab on Fire

End Date: Thursday Mar-14-2019 23:42:06 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $145.00

Member images of What We Do In Paris Is Secret

There are no member images of What We Do In Paris Is Secret yet. Why not be the first?