Voyage d'Hermes Parfum (2012)
by Hermès

Voyage d'Hermes Parfum information

Year of Launch2012

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena
PackagingPhilippe Mouquet

About Voyage d'Hermes Parfum

Voyage d'Hermes Parfum is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena. The bottle was designed by Philippe Mouquet

Voyage d'Hermes Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Voyage d'Hermes Parfum

very nice and unique. Office wearable. Sophisticated. Great performance.
12th March, 2017
Fantastic!

I have been testing this one for 3-4 years but was for some reason hesitant towards it. It grew on me slowly. I would say this is a scent for a man or woman but 35+ Wearing it to the office or dinner out with good friends. It is for sure not something you would wear when going out clubbing.
You have been around the block and you know that you now appreciate quality over quantity.

Some weeks ago i was in a meeting with a male colleague from a subsidiary office but could hardly focus. I just felt this warm and sensual scent. During a break I had to ask him which scent he was wearing.
Although I consider myself straight I felt attracted to this guy because of the aura it created around him. Funny the effects scents can have. I finally got a bottle 2 weeks ago and I love it.

I can for sure feel the vetiver and citrus. But it's not in your face zesty. There is a clear amber and musk in the base which makes this one very warm and balanced.
I would describe it as wearing a cashmere sweater. It keeps you warm and makes you slow feel comfortable.

Think this will become the signature scent i have been looking for a while.
Fantastic for autumn and winter. During spring and summer I think I will go down to EdT which is more crispy.

Masterpiece very well composed.

25th October, 2015 (last edited: 24th October, 2015)
Here's an example of how it was and how it is!

These two perfumes are profoundly similar, not so much the result as the approach. The time between one and the other is the real difference!

Angéliques Sous La Pluie (2000) and Voyage d'Hermes Parfum (2012).

The concept is very similar in some ways, a grassy smell while walking in the rain is certainly a memory for a traveler!

The difference, I said, is the time! A clear example of how ambroxan replaces a building of musk and cedar! The fragrance design then is the same: on the one hand juniper and coriander and juniper and cardamom to the other one!
It is the style of the Nose? I can definitely say it was not (in this case) the need of the market!
They're both easy jobs, a bit 'too entrusted to the power of juniper that however vanishes! They do not smell of any drink or of gin, but a lot of alcohol!
One thing that is new in Ellena’s style is a very dirty green note that in the history of his perfumes is unique!
Great design for Voyage!

This reviewer may have conflicts of interest

18th June, 2015
My bottle of Voyage EDT is almost done so I acquired a sample of the EDP to see if I'd prefer something about it more. Frankly, I much prefer the original EDT version. In the EDP, the cardamom spice that sets the EDT apart for me is toned down with some fairly boring, if not common vanilla. Sillage and longevity seem to be indistinguishable. I like the price of the EDT better and there's nothing in the EDP that is very compelling. It faintly reminds me of the Chanel Sport Extreme flanker, but not as distinguished. It's not bad, but nothing to own. Buying my second bottle of EDT soon.
29th April, 2015 (last edited: 22nd May, 2015)
I've to admit that I miss the point of releasing a parfum version of such a simple fragrance such as Voyage and, more generally, I miss the point of this new tendency of releasing parfum versions of basically every masculine blockbuster. To me, I'm afraid this sounds like mere gimmick after all…*Intense* is probably being burned-off and it's assuming a *cheap* nuance so why not substitute it with the more chic *Parfum*?.

With that said, I've a weak spot for Voyage and for cardamom-driven fragrances and while I find Voyage Parfum still pretty likable, I also think the original EDT is more minimalistic, sharper and drier. All aspects that in this specific case played in the fragrance's favor in my opinion. I'll stick to the EDT.

11th November, 2014
I like this one. The citrus is strong up front with some sweetness, but underneath I find an umami amber backing. In my opinion this is suitable for a male or female wearer. It is long lasting enough to give me all day wear into the evening although it will not be as strong by that time. To me this is an ideal summer scent.
The Good: Great smell, great longevity.
The Bad: Can occasionally smell too bright and be nauseating.
Overall: A strong choice for a summer scent, but don't over-apply.
10th April, 2014