Liquid Crystal (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseAgonist
PerfumerFabrice Pellegrin

About Liquid Crystal

Liquid Crystal is a shared / unisex perfume by Agonist. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Fabrice Pellegrin

Reviews of Liquid Crystal

There is one review of Liquid Crystal.
Bergamot, Absinth, Clove, Orange, Lavender, Incense, Patchouli, Vetiver, Amber, Tonka Bean, Labdanum, Cedarwood.

Liquid Crystal's opening is an interesting blend of Citrus, Clove and what I can only describe as leather and herbs. I've encountered this accord more than once, however clove wasn't in the mix and the herbal-leather quality could previously be attributable to a manifold floral array.

On my skin, the clove comes to the fore. It's actually one of the better renditions of the note you may find. There seems to be a nice balance between it and the rendition of Orange. What I truly found interesting was that the intro of Liquid Crystal reflects the first part of the accord, but once that transitions, it's akin to a different implementation of notes than what is listed. I wonder if there are two distinct releases of Liquid Crystal or perhaps a clerical error?

Perhaps the mistake is mine? It's been quite awhile since two-thirds of what I smelled hasn't jived with the fragrance description. In the grand scheme of things, it's a small matter. The important thing is if the totality is, at least acceptable or better yet, terrific.

Once Liquid Crystal settles and shifts to the heart accord, what I experience is clove accented by a subtle citrus and the onset of a latex aroma. What I previously perceived as leather has now evolved into the latex note. It's not as annoying or disappointing as some I've tried, but it's there nonetheless. I also have no clue what the name Liquid Crystal has to do with what I'm smelling. Alas, this is nothing new either, but it makes me wish the PR departments would put forth just a bit more effort when it comes to these things. There has been no segment of this fragrance experience that has inspired, uplifted or even depressed me. I suppose ambivalence is something I had not counted on.

I guess it's safe to say that, after sampling more than a few from the house of Agonist, I am left wanting ( for the most part ). Neutral ratings or the "meh" factor certainly isn't going to cut it at these prices. In their defense, they have all had substance, but being full bodied is a given for this level of niche and it's going to take more than that to appease my jaded self.

I wanted to love these because there seemed to be "something" about the aesthetics and descriptions arousing curiosity in me. I was instead confronted with a take it or leave decision and for all but one, I will walk away. Sillage is average or a little better with longevity approximately 5 hours on my skin. Yet another neutral rating for the house of Agonist and their version of Liquid Crystal. A sample wear is highly recommended.
04th March, 2015

Add your review of Liquid Crystal

Shop for Liquid Crystal products online

Shop for Liquid Crystal at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Liquid Crystal

Member images of Liquid Crystal

There are no member images of Liquid Crystal yet. Why not be the first?