Blue Escapade 24 (1924)

• Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating:

Blue Escapade 24 Fragrance Notes

If you had anosmia, there wouldn't be any notes you recognise

Today is Anosmia Awareness Day. Basenotes is helping raise awareness by removing the notes from the fragrance directory for the day. Please read this personal, heartfelt message from one of our writers, Louise, and find out more about anosmia.

If you are desperate to regain your virtual sense of smell, click here to see the notes for Blue Escapade 24

Blue Escapade 24 information

Blue Escapade 24 is a unisex fragrance by Krigler. The scent was launched in 1924

Reviews of Blue Escapade 24

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

rogalal's avatar

Blue Escapade is, in theory, the vetiver of the Krigler line. The vetiver is strong on top, flanked by touches of pine and something vaguely mentholated, like some combination of eucalyptus and mint, with a big slug of spicy cumin underneath. Given time, the cumin becomes the star of the show. It's sweaty and strong and likely to turn away quite a few people, though the combination of vetiver and cumin and forest smells, with hints of rum and boozy fig in the background, is quite well done and will likely appeal to fans of Declaration and other artsty woody cumin scents. The base is a perfectly rendered oak tree smell, dirty and smelling of bark, with the lingering pinches of cumin to give it a bit of forest raunch and keep it from smelling like a wine barrel.

In the end, I'm just not a cumin fan, but the combination of the cumin and vetiver and forest smells and boozy fig is excellently put together, and the oak in the base is pretty much perfect, so Blue Escapade really does deserve a thumbs up.

29th November, 2014

Joe_Frances's avatar

Another very retro strong gutsy fragrance from Krigler, Blue Escapade has a very odd, sharp, strong mid-note that did not appeal to me at all. It's as if the top notes which were pretty nice ran away and the basenotes were hiding out for a change of weather, and this thing....this mid-note, the harsh not was yelling its head off for a good hour or two. I have no idea what it was, but I wished it would have gone away sooner. In the end, this cedar or whatever died down. The rest was, sadly, a bit boring. I was hoping for lot. I got a lot, but not what I was hoping for. In the end I was glad it was gone. I assume this was all due to body chemistry. In my case this was a bit of Blue Funk. This is a strong scent. Approach with caution.

31st October, 2012