Vanille Noire (2010)
    by Yves Rocher

Vanille Noire Fragrance notes

Mandarin, Bourbon Vanilla, Tahitian Vanilla, Ugandan Vanilla, Mimosa, Coppery Accord, Cedar Wood

Reviews of Vanille Noire

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.

Captain's avatar
    Captain

First thing, the longevity is stellar on me. I put some on my wrists before bed and it was there, very strong, in the morning 7 hours later.

I find it confusing though, I don’t think the cedar and vanilla mesh well. It’s a lovely, rich and sweet vanilla. But, the cedar is too sharp for me while mixed with a rich and dark vanilla. This should be called “Woodland Fairy Vanille Noire”!

I can see why it has some real fans though, the vanilla is top notch. If they had taken the cedar out and used a less sharp, more rich and deep wood, it would have been better.

12 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 08 March, 2014)

mediterranée's avatar
    mediterranée
    Spain Spain

A dry, woody vanilla on my skin, somewhat reminiscent of Voile d'Ambre. I like the way it dries down on me: slightly sweet, without going overboard. For days when I want more of a skin scent.

30th January, 2013

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

Smells like someone experimented with mixing their vanilla extract with sandalwood eo – quite natural but all a bit flat. Departs in a light dusting of vanilla sugar.

08 June, 2012

heavenscent1's avatar
    heavenscent1

I like vanillas and this is your basic vanilla top note. Has strong woody base notel, too, which I love. Doesn't last very long, though.

07 April, 2012