Orchidée Vanille (2009)

HouseVan Cleef & Arpels
PerfumerRanda Hammami
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Orchidée Vanille

One of Van Cleef & Arpels' 'Collection Extraordinaire'.

Reviews of Orchidée Vanille

One of the better vanillas I’ve tried. Doesn’t come off as a candle or air freshener scent. I also appreciate that it’s completely unisex due to its very pleasant nature. It’s just something that smells good no matter who wears it.

Airy, powdery chocolate and vanilla scent, like chocolate baking powder. The vanilla is still there throughout but the sensation of smelling the chocolate powder is pretty close to the same experience.

Projection is good but not overly loud. I get excellent longevity as I can still smell it in skin the following day.
22nd February, 2020
A brief burst of citrus, the balance of bitter almond and sweet lychee, then we enter gourmand territory - the genre practically created by Mugler's Angel.

The florals (rose, violet) are quite light, as is the scent itself. The vanilla is understated and supported by a lightly woody cedar note. The chocolate, tonka and musk are almost undetectable to my nose, which is all to the better, as I am not a fan of gourmand scents. I enjoy smelling them, but I do not enjoy wearing them. The exception of course is the classic Guerlain L'Heure Bleue.

All in all a pleasant and understated vanilla, not bad at all, but not particularly noteworthy.
17th July, 2018
It's a good but average vanilla. The opening is a bit powdery then it goes caramel all the way. Very linear. Too soft in projection. Too simple. But good.
29th June, 2017 (last edited: 01st December, 2018)
Wonderful stuff...

Well, this is a pleasant one. I love any good vanilla perfume, and this is one of the better ones. It is such a deep, borderline boozy smell. It is vanilla and orchid and chocolate. At times I get both praline chocolate and truffle, with a hint of caramel in places. I would describe it as linear, but it's certainly interesting. It also reminds me of the same <i>Cologne of the Missions</i> or <i>Spiriteuse Double Vanille</i> vibe, although this is almost in gourmand-like territory.

I can't recommend this fragrance enough. I really like this smell, I think it's extraordinary. I would say that it depends if you have the money for this and other high-end vanilla fragrances. It is certainly a well-made, very well crafted perfume. You get your money's worth here. I can say that I wish it projected a little more, but I'm satisfied with it. Definitely one to try if you are a hardcore vanilla fan.
15th October, 2015
At the opening I got a bit of mandarin orange which gave it a bright opening. Soon after the floral notes from the vanilla orchid accompanied by the vanilla began to dominate the scent. The vanilla orchid and vanilla combination was well done. Finally notes of chocolate and almonds came in towards the base which helped enhance the vanilla and gave a slight gourmand feel to it. In a way the drydown reminded me of a baked dessert like a cake or cookie that contained frosting and chocolate, slightly sugary and sweet. I consider Orchidée Vanille to be ethereal: transparent and subdued but at the same time lingers with enormous longevity. I was able to smell this throughout the day getting whiffs of the drydown. After wearing this for the first time, I can already say this might go into my list of personal favorite vanilla based fragrances: Spiritutuse Double Vanille, Tobacco Vanille, Eau Duelle, Sublime Vanille. Wonderful experience, I'll need to re-sample this soon.
06th July, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
The oud is quite nice and combine not only with the - by now - almost expected rose note, but hints of an orangey-fruity background provide good counterbalance. Tonka is they name of the game in the second half, not excitingly original but quite well done.

It develops well on my skin, with moderate sillage, good projection and five hours of longevity. Great in autumn. 3.25/5
17th January, 2015

Add your review of Orchidée Vanille

Shop for Orchidée Vanille products online

Shop for Orchidée Vanille at online perfumeries

Orchidee Vanille by Van Cleef & Arpels Eau De Parfum Spray 2mL Carded for Women

End Date: Thursday Feb-27-2020 13:42:18 PST
Buy It Now for only: $8.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Orchidee Vanille Van Cleef & Arpels by Van Cleef & Arpels Eau de Parfum Spray 2.

End Date: Thursday Feb-27-2020 20:55:12 PST

Van Cleef & Arpels Orchidee Vanille 5 ml Travel size EDP Eau de Parfum

End Date: Thursday Mar-5-2020 10:44:54 PST
Buy It Now for only: $12.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

ORCHIDEE VANILLE VAN CLEEF & ARPELS by Van Cleef & Arpels #296329 - Type: Fra...

End Date: Monday Mar-9-2020 5:39:59 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $90.76

Van Cleef & Arpels Orchidee Vanille 5ml Perfume Sample Decant Travalo Fragrance

End Date: Monday Mar-9-2020 6:05:21 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $10.99

Member images of Orchidée Vanille

There are no member images of Orchidée Vanille yet. Why not be the first?