Giulietta (2009)

HouseTocca
PerfumerEllen Molner
PerfumerJames Bell

About Giulietta

The fragrance is inspired by the love story of Italian director Federico Fellini and his wife, Giulietta Masina.

Reviews of Giulietta

On me, Giulietta is a mix of just about every available cheap fruit candy flavor (apple, orange, pineapple, strawberry, etc.) over a huge slug of fuzzy fabric softener smell. It has a subtle floral quality, a sort of round pink feeling that implies rose while not smelling directly flowery. Despite the fancy notes list, this is the dumbest kind of fruity floral (seriously, these fruit candy fabric softener perfumes are a sub-genre that I've really grown to dislike).

BUT, it keeps making me happy when I smell it. My inner snob is screaming at me to just write a bad review and move on, but I've honestly been enjoying wearing Giulietta. Sometimes, it's the dumbest things that make us happy. So, an embarrassing thumbs up...
05th August, 2012
A sales person directed me towards Giulietta when I visited a perfume boutique in search of an apple-based fragrance for a friend.

Searching for an apple scent can be a nightmare or an exciting experience. The better the quality of the ingredients the more pleasing the apple scent often is.

Giulietta is mostly crisp, watery green apple with a delicate array of soapy and clean florals. This is a lovely fragrance for those particularly humid and unbearable days in the midst of Summer.

Smelling this fragrance is just like biting into an apple and sensing the misty juice droplets around your mouth. Giulietta is a fruity floral that relies on its subtlety to make its mark. It's nothing like the overpowering DKNY Be Delicious, the clean and sporty Ralph by Ralph Lauren or the candied Nina by Nina Ricci.

For some reason Giulietta reminds me of a clean bathroom. It is perhaps that clean smell that it tends to have which reminds me of apple-scented shampoo and floral soaps. It's pretty, but perhaps a little too crystal clear and crisp for my personal tastes.

The lasting strength is so-so, and the sillage can be rather weak at times. Giulietta comes and goes, barely noticeable in a large crowd.

Personally I prefer the other offerings from the Tocca range, however please note that I'm not a fruity floral fan. I gave a sample of this to my friend whom I had in mind and she loved it. So each to their own.
04th April, 2012

Add your review of Giulietta

Shop for Giulietta products online

Shop for Giulietta at online perfumeries

Tocca Giulietta EDP 50ml

Search Amazon for Giulietta

Member images of Giulietta

There are no member images of Giulietta yet. Why not be the first?