Maharanih Intense (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseNicolaï
PerfumerPatricia de Nicolaï

About Maharanih Intense

Maharanih Intense is a feminine perfume by Nicolaï. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Patricia de Nicolaï

Maharanih Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Maharanih Intense

This is wonderful!

I am hyper-aware of the building-blocks of the scent, as I smell my wrist, testing this beauty.

The orange is as clear if I had just sliced open the fruit itself and splashed my wrist with its citric juice. For me, this lasted a good 5-10 minutes. Just this - it was lovely.

Next came a bouquet of pink carnations. So pretty and spicy! It played so well with the orange, and it was a combination that I would not have thought would work. Rose pushed its way in, and turned up the volume to a more sensual character. Really liking this!

OH! Now I am getting the cinnamon! This is delightful! The rose and cinnamon have moved into a more dominant role, while the orange and carnation have taken more of a supporting role. Oh this is most certainly FBW!

And now (about 30-45 minutes in) we are hitting a luxurious dry-down, complete with sandalwood, patchouly and very mild civet.

This is a gem only unearthed by the gift of friendship. My Camel brings me many gifts.

16th May, 2016
Salome hits me square in the face with Civet and has me see stars.
Maharanih Intense lures me with whispers of Civet, Urine and Saliva.
My Girl won't wear Salome in spite of all my coax.
I'm going to try this nectar.
Like Salome, I could wear this myself, however it will be more delicious on my Queen.
19th March, 2016
Judging by a number of reviews I've read, I assumed that this was going to be a big, sweet Oriental, but while it veers into Oriental territory I wouldn't have thought of it that way if I had smelled it first without reading reviews. I'm saying this so that people who aren't into oriental scents won't make the same assumptions I did about it before trying it. Descriptions of it can sometimes conjure visions of Guerlain's Shalimar, but Maharanih is nothing like that. It has a huge orange-ish note in te opening but unlike some others have said, it isn't a candied orange as there is something more bitter and dry about it. I get cinnamon, but I don't get cloves. I get hints of sandalwood, but I don't the get chocolate or civet at all. What I do get (I'm testing this sample in one of the coldest February's on record here in DC) is a bitter, dry, almost peppery, woody orange insense scent that is straining to blossom under the weather conditions, but can never quite make it. Even with that, I like what I am getting from it. I think it probably needs to be tested agan during the warmer end of spring or in summer to experience the fullness of the scent, so I'll save my sample until then.
25th February, 2015
This is perfect take on orange, predominant orange is bitter, yet delicate, it doesnt smell citrusy at all, but soft, mild and warm.
This orange-rose-incense play is so airy and sophisticated, and cinnamon gives it a touch of weirdness, very lovely and addictive, the scent lasts long and radiates,
In the very late drydown you have this sandalwood-patchouly play just like in 31 rue cambon from Chanel ,amazingly simmilar!!
07th October, 2012
Warm,spicy&delicious! Long lasting &begs you to sniff your wrist-just one more time:)
02nd September, 2012

Add your review of Maharanih Intense

Shop for Maharanih Intense products online

Search Amazon for Maharanih Intense

Member images of Maharanih Intense

There are no member images of Maharanih Intense yet. Why not be the first?