Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy) (2011)
by Yardley

Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy) information

Year of Launch2011

HouseYardley
Parent CompanyLornamead

About Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy)

Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy) is a feminine perfume by Yardley. The scent was launched in 2011

Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy) fragrance notes

Reviews of Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy)

There are 2 reviews of Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy).

Royal English Daisy is a somewhat quiet, neat fruity floral with green notes resembling freshly cut lawn, and a non shampoo-like, sweet and clean apple scent which disappears much too fast. The rose does not play a big role; the alleged hyacinth is the most prominent and lends a coolness to the whole fragrance, managing to smell natural and not 'perfume-y' like a cosmetic department.

With a name more of an imaginary concept, this fragrance indeed has an innocent, carefree nature like memories of making daisy chains. And yet, for all the seeming simplicity, this Eau has enough substance to be more than a mere body mist or cologne; in fact, the floral note with the greens is rather emphasised by the musk, showing a distinct sharpness which could cause headaches depending on one's sensitivity. The sweetness is also less of a light or fresh nature but rather persistent, so I would not call this a 'safe' blind purchase choice for those who are not fans of fruity fragrances or have issues with sharpness of green florals.
Contrary to the understated image, it projects well if sprayed on the upper parts, with a staying power of at least 4 hours on me.
As a very affordable fragrance with enough body as a perfume for warmer weather, I would recommend this to those who wish to smell sweet and clean in a non-complicated, natural way.

On a side note, I completely agree with the experience and sentiment of a reviewer who said she had based her unsuccessful blind purchase of this fragrance on glowing reviews - count me to those who were misguided by the unison of praises especially on another large 'review' website; my unfavourable (yet objectively and politely expressed) opinion there even got voted down by fans who apparently disliked my unpopular yet honest dissenting voice.
14th July, 2017
Royal English Daisy is a light new mown hay scent. I grew up on a lucerne farm and it is such an evocative scent for me. Swinging in the hay shed with the breeze blowing over the bales. It's a light, fresh, out of the shower, day old cut grass scent, not sugary sweet.
For me it is unidentifiable from the Daisy range by Marc Jacobs but costs a fraction of the price.
Unfortunately, even when layered with the body mist, the scent is short lived on my skin (just like the Daisies) and because I like my scents to last, I won't replace.
Although I like the perfume, it gets a neutral rating from me for its lasting power.
17th November, 2012

Add your review of Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy)

Shop for Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy) products online

Search Amazon for Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy)

Member images of Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy)

There are no member images of Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy) yet. Why not be the first?

Yardley London Daisy (formerly Royal English Daisy) News