C for Men (2010)

C for Men information

Year of Launch2010

HouseClive Christian

About C for Men

C for Men is a masculine fragrance by Clive Christian. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of C for Men

Clive Christian C, stinks! Has like a base chemical synthetic smell. Nothing fancy or attractive, and gives me a headache. I literally don't see who would be attracted to the smell of this, unless you are ultra wealthy and ,your nose is accustomed to this type of Smell? Eugh! I am still tempted to try out their other scents though, just not as tempted as before this experience.
09th July, 2017
FISS80 Show all reviews
The comparisons to Tom Ford Tuscan Leather are inevitable. They are very similar largely due to the raspberry and leather present in both.However, as others have stated, C is much more complex. The bright top notes in C are completely absent in Tuscan Leather. I can clearly detect the Mandarin and Tea in C and they compliment the fragrance very well. C seems much more smooth and "creamy" than Tuscan Leather. To my nose the rose and oud are also very easily detected in this fragrance. All in all, I would say that C is more like a mix of Tuscan Leather AND Noir de Noir rather than Tuscan Leather alone.I cannot say whether or not it is worth the price as that determination is purely subjective. I can say that I really enjoy it and I am happy to own a bottle.
13th March, 2017
a more refined version of Tuscan Leather, but much more expensive, not Worth its pricey price tag....
28th February, 2017 (last edited: 03rd March, 2017)
Salutation.

This is in heavy rotation in collection. CLIVE CHRISTIAN perfumes are one of the most expensive and aristocratic scents in the market as you can with spend money one of them, making a collection!C For Men is a truly opulent scent that portrays wealth and class. Classy,Exquisite,Versatile, Everlasting,Oriental,Addictive and Kingly.

A blend of citrusy and green notes in the begining over a rich herat of rose and jasmine,while a warm base notes contain oud,tonka bean,amber and leather provide depth and an element of mystery in the dry down and brings edge and sophistication to this great perfume.

C For Men is definitely a oriental perfume. Perfect for formal situations and serious business meetings,it will successfully re-affirm your status and natural elegance.The bootle is gorgeous.A pure perfume when you want to make a great impression.much better than Tuscan Leather.Class in a glass!

Sillage?Excellent.

Longevity?Great on my skin.

01st June, 2015
This is the first non-department store scent that I have ever tried. After running out of all of my cologne, I decided to google "high-end cologne". Wow, I had no clue what I was in for. I have always loved colognes and the emotions they evoke but this went from a novelty to a hobby, to a lifestyle in 8 short months. That day I ordered about 10 different samples, many of which came from an article names "The most expensive perfumes in the world". Of course I did not order just from the pretentious title; I did read quite a few reviews first.

My nose is new to the world of complex scents. After 8 months, I am starting to be able to pick out a couple notes here and there. So basically, it comes down to either I like it, or I don't. While reading reviews for that first sample purchase, I did read quite a few regarding its similarity to Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather (henceforth TL). Some said it was similar while others said it was a carbon copy. This piqued my interest so I ordered both. I do think they are very similar; however, to me the dry down of Clive Christian C (henceforth CCC) is quite a bit different that TL, and it's a much better scent, in my opinion.

Neither sample had a spray top and for some reason I can never get an accurate judgement on longevity unless the scent is sprayed. I could not smell the TL after approx. 3 hours, although I did not have another person to ask if THEY could smell it. I could however, smell the CCC a full 27 hours after its application. This was after a full shower and 2 or 3 hand washes. I was blown away. Unfortunately I was also spoiled in that I assumed ALL perfumes in that price range would last the way CCC did. I was quite disappointed when I realized this was and is not the case.

I now ask myself 2 questions before a perfume purchase. 1) If this is the only scent that I could wear for the next 2 years, would I wear it. 2) Can OTHER PEOPLE smell it either if they gave me a hug, or at a minimum of 1" from my wrist after a reasonable amount of time (the higher the price, the longer I expect others to be able to smell it)? CCC fit the bill for both questions. I usually wear it twice a week and use 2 full sprays (half spray on each wrist and half spray behind each ear) and if I had to "guesstimate", I think this bottle will last at least 2 years for me. Compare that to my Aberc. and Fitch 8 for women which was $80 for the same size but only lasts 3 to 4 months, and I'd say the CCC is a better value for the money. On a side note, upon first sniff, I though CCC smelled awful. Kind of like a cigar ashtray. For some reason though, I could not stop smelling my wrist. I don't know if that means it grew on me, or perhaps I liked it from the beginning afterall.

My final thoughts. I found TL to be linear while CCC was much more complex. I have only tried three or four scents that have leather as a major note, but most of them have a scent that I can neither identify nor explain that just smells fake to me. All but CCC. I still don't know if I can smell the oud, but again, my nose is still new at this. Some have stated that both TL and CCC smell like cocaine. In my college years of experimentation, I tried it 3 times. In no way do either scents smell like cocaine to me. I found an excellent deal on eBay from a seller that had 100% positive feedback and whom I bought perfumes from in the past. I paid $225 for a bottle without the display box. When it is time for another, I do hope I can find it for the same price; however, I will pay full price for it if I have to.

Scent: 9/10 (I am still looking for a perfume that leaves me speechless, although this is close.)
Longevity: 10/10 (I have neither sampled nor worn a perfume that lasts longer.)
Sillage: 9/10 (I get compliments from people I have stood very close to even when the smell is faint for me.)
Value: 9/10 (I may get quite a few disagreements with this one, but I think I could wear this perfume every day and the bottle still last at least a year, or perhaps more.)
30th September, 2014
To date this has got to be the most confusing scent I've sniffed yet. On one hand, I get the complexity that the perfumer was trying create but on the on the other hand, I get this wet pavement smell mixed with burnt dirty paper bags. Someone told me it smelled like Bug Spray.
15th May, 2014

Add your review of C for Men

Shop for C for Men products online

Search Amazon for C for Men

Member images of C for Men

There are no member images of C for Men yet. Why not be the first?