C for Men (2010)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 20 ratings

C for Men Fragrance Notes

C for Men information

C for Men is a men's fragrance by Clive Christian. The scent was launched in 2010

Shop for C for Men products online

Reviews of C for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.

Sly2scents's avatar

To date this has got to be the most confusing scent I've sniffed yet. On one hand, I get the complexity that the perfumer was trying create but on the on the other hand, I get this wet pavement smell mixed with burnt dirty paper bags. Someone told me it smelled like Bug Spray.

15 May, 2014

badarun's avatar

Dry down --- Couldn't make much of a difference between Tuscan Leather & C - except the price - everything else - longevity / notes etc to me are highly similar to Tuscan Leather, lucky me, I bought Tuscan before I tested C, if not, I might have bought C on first sniff...

11th March, 2013

1974mike's avatar

This is the most disgusting scent I have ever smelled ! Imo , smells like ashy burnt butter , with raspberry . To me this never got any better in the dry down either . "C" for women is very nice tho . This was the very first Clive I ever smelled & left a very bad impression , thankfully this is different from all the rest of thier scents ! I tried several times , & felt the same everytime ! Definitely recomend trying before you buy !!

06 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 21st March, 2013)

KL863's avatar

This was the 1st out of Clive's line that I smelled when I was waiting for a friend wandering through NM. This scent stands out from all others.* (*yes, I know now that Tom Ford had this before Clive did, at the time it was all rainbows and unicorns)

It is a classy fragrance and would be best suited for such activities. With the dark spice and smokiness I'd recommend this as a night time scent. Warm or cool weather would suit it just fine as it's got something for any climate. The leather and smoke notes go great with cooler weather. The raspberry, mandarin and clove go well when the heat is on.

A love at 1st spray type of experience for me. And later, as I found out Tom Ford has Tuscan Leather. It's very close initially. But the dry down and body mixing begin to take their own different roads when you compare the two. If I had to choose between them, I'd go for "C". It just seems to have a bit more going on with it.

I reccomend you try it. Spray it on a card, spray it on your arm. Let it mellow out. It's just fantastic.

04 September, 2012

drseid's avatar

C for Men opens on skin with a transient hint of rose and jasmine before a rubbery petrol-like oud and leather base note tandem rises up and dominates the scent from the early heart there-on-out with the jasmine as background support. The scent is extremely linear and keeps the rubbery leather accord through the end. Projection is average, while longevity is excellent.

C for Men is a very nice leathery oud scent to be sure, but despite what appears to be a laundry list of ingredients, I confess I pretty much get jasmine, leather and oud with just the faintest rose, nothing more, nothing less. The scent is much more polite than you would think given its co-stars and the oud is only ever so slightly sweet from possibly the inclusion of tonka bean and amber in the composition. That said, there really isn't a lot of complexity here and at the absolutely scandalous price C for Men is being hawked I expected more than what it delivered. C for Men gets a very good 3.5 stars out of 5 for the scent, but if you are looking for a relatively pleasant leather scent you can find any number of strong candidates available for a quarter of the price of C for Men. Skip this puppy unless money is burning a hole in your pocket.

09 August, 2012

bFlay's avatar

Phenomenal bouquet of roses and woods with a sweet smokiness evocative of cedar chips and lemon/orange/bergomot tea. Bold projection that lasts well over 10 hours. This is a delightful men's cologne for formal wear. Rich and sophisticated from the opening of sweet flowers and fruits to the dry down of woods that tempers that amazing smokiness with intermittent hints of rose throughout.

23 June, 2012

• Time Left: 15 days
    Clive Christian ' C ' Perfume Spray 50ml/1.6oz
    • Time Left: 24 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)