Al Oudh (2009)

PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Al Oudh

Al Oudh is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Al Oudh fragrance notes

Reviews of Al Oudh

I own a decant of this thanks to the kindness of DuNezDeBuzier, who completely understands my love of rough, leathery, woodsy, sweaty cumin scents. And this one promised everything I crave: cardamom, leather, woods, pepper, moss, castoreum, et al. And yet... I'm baffled by it.

Am I the only person to whom this smells exactly like the amyl nitrate poppers that were popular as club drugs and sex enhancers in the '80s? So much so, in fact, that seconds after applying it my heart began to pound and my face started flushing. (And not in a good way!) I felt as though an anesthesiologist was prepping me for surgery.

But since Bavard also found the top "punishing", I tried to tough it out for the promised carnal base. And two hours later I did get a bit of the hoped-for sweaty skin scent -- just nowhere near enough of it to justify the torture that preceded it.
04th November, 2016
A Vintage 2011 sample of this charmer.
Notice the capture of a Mentholated top note of Cardamom.
This stuff smells like I've eaten a Curry made for a Monarch, Cardamom Yeast Donuts continuously for days, without bathing.
Glorious stuff!!
30th September, 2016 (last edited: 07th January, 2017)
There is an interesting carnal aspect to the base of this, but the top is punishing.
03rd August, 2016 (last edited: 09th August, 2016)
For all who spray then immediately storm the spot with their beak... good grief and good luck doing THAT with THIS!

Intensely cumin. Dates & dried fruit, pungent yet not candy sweet. A little castoreum and the slightest rose. There it is.

Low level sillage and it doesn't project much, certainly not under clothing which is how I wear everything. Longevity, however, as a skin-scent is 12hr+.

About as edgy as it gets, especially on the open. Exactly what I'm after in a rough, masculine scent.

One of the few I've ever paid full retail and consider <$1/ml, a steal.
26th February, 2016
Although I'm sure I'd happily wear this myself, this is the scent of a man I know. I'm not a fan of the ubiquitous 'clean' scents often targeted at men, much preferring someone to smell warm and human rather than like a pile of clean washing. Spicy, warm and sexy and not obvious from 10 feet away. I have the opportunity to lean in close and say 'Hmmm, you smell good'. Never a bad thing.
02nd January, 2016
BEAUTIFUL stuff, and something of a quintessential oud fragrance. Its loaded with enough oud to not gross you out, and it has been marketed and sold very well, in the West, because the oud's been watered down enough to not just be limited to one sex...but its sold in places like Barneys because its bought in heaps by the jet set among us, both male and female.

a very versatile scent, albeit not so casual that you can or should wear it with beach shorts and flip flops. Works best for me in cooler weather, and its fundamentally a chic skin scent. The civet, fused with the dry fruits, juts makes my mouth water.
18th November, 2015

Add your review of Al Oudh

Shop for Al Oudh products online

Search Amazon for Al Oudh

Member images of Al Oudh

There are no member images of Al Oudh yet. Why not be the first?