Acqua di Portofino (2002)
    by Acqua di Portofino

Acqua di Portofino Fragrance Notes

Acqua di Portofino information

A green, woody citrus

Reviews of Acqua di Portofino

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

jabadiba's avatar

it belongs to the "old school", sugest outside activity, for a mature man. at the beguinning is very nice, but gets soapy along the day.nevertheless I like it very much because it is sutil, rminds a bit of eau sauvage.

29 March, 2013

Amos Jolthead's avatar

I thought this was going to be a nice gem in the citrus family. Alas, it was not meant to be. I smelled this out of the sample sprayer & really thought this was going to be one of the better citrus fragrances I had tried. Not quite.

Tangerine is the dominant note immediately. It is coupled with the tarragon. I don’t get the cedar at all. I really like the notes until I get about 10 minutes in, and then I just sense that AdP is for the more mature person. I honestly get a bit of nursing home from this fragrance. If Demeter ever makes “Nursing Home”, they can use these notes.

Middle notes settle down into a blasé mix of spices & lavender. They are uneventful & just linger, not unlike a vulture hovering over a dead carcass. Not necessarily stinky, there’s just not much there.

The longevity on this is actually very good for a citrus, maybe up to 15 hours. After a couple of hours the sillage drops quite a bit however, to minimal projection.

Base notes eventually settle down into a patchouli base that’s pretty weak, but it does linger on the skin for a long time.

If this still make this in 30 years, maybe I’ll pick up a bottle then.

02 November, 2012

giuspa's avatar

at the end its worse shortage is a lack of personality: I remember at least 20 or more absolutely similar fragrances. Usual mix of citrusy and marine notes, very light and mild, maybe with a hint of basil and a short drydown with musk. I bought it once, it won't happen anymore.

22 September, 2012

Add your review of Acqua di Portofino

Search for on eBay United States

Acqua Di Portofino Uomo 1.7oz Eau De Parfum Spray NIB Sealed Men's Cologne RARE
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 22 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Acqua Di Portofino Donna 1.7oz/50ml Eau De Parfum Spray NIB Women's Perfume RARE
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 28 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    ACQUA DI PORTOFINO EAU DE PARFUM 100 ML.
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now