A*Men Pure Energy / A*Men Pure Shot (2012)
    by Thierry Mugler

Average Rating: 3

Based on 98 ratings

A*Men Pure Energy / A*Men Pure Shot Fragrance Notes

A*Men Pure Energy / A*Men Pure Shot information

A*Men Pure Energy / A*Men Pure Shot is a men's fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2012

Shop for A*Men Pure Energy / A*Men Pure Shot products online

100ml EdT
    100ml EdT

Reviews of A*Men Pure Energy / A*Men Pure Shot

Showing 1 to 6 of 42 reviews.

Tmoran's avatar

I cant give this a thumbs down nor can I give it a thumbs up. Its just meh. Its not a bad smell. Its just terribly linear and boring. My biggest complaint is there seems to be a trend with houses using juniper berry in fragrances marketed as sport scents. I dont find juniper berry in the least bit fresh nor sporty. The last fragrance I experienced with juniper berry like this was gucci pour homme sport and that literally makes me want to vomit. The real reason though Im not giving this a thumbs down is because while I am definitely not a fan of juniper berry its done well enough here that I can tolerate it. As it dries down (5 - 10 minutes. Its quick in bed, lol) it gets more pleasant. I wouldnt call it generic but it definitely not what you expect from Thierry mugler which is actually get the unexpected. I think their biggest mistake was marketing this as a "pure" flanker. They probably felt it would improve sales but fragrance fans arent stupid. The pure series is popular because the stuff is just flat out good. It had nothing to do with marketing. IMHO pure malt, pure havane and even TOF are masterpieces. This? More like a chicken scratch doodle on a napkin.

26th June, 2014

The_Cologneist's avatar

Nothing really special. In a nutshell.. this is a stripped down version of B*Men, with a little added mint. Projection is ok, longevity is pretty poor for a Mugler.. 5 hours tops. Got a partial bottle through a swap, glad I didn't buy this one. If you like B*Men, but find it too sweet, or don't like the rhubarb and coffee notes, you'll like this.

17th June, 2014

rbaker's avatar

The mint-freshness of the opening with its juniper vibe is nice, as is the light white pepper note. Later a wood impression with a patchouli that is very restrained on my skin. Whilst the summery
    top notes are convincing, the rest is quite mediocre. Limited silage and projection with three hours of longevity.

12th February, 2014

Renato's avatar

I tested Pure Shot eight or nine times over 10 weeks, as it was going for a reasonable price in a shop I visited. I really wanted to like it, because the bottle was so sharp looking.

However, it reminded me of some notes in A*men for about 20 seconds, then turned to something green, which just did not grab me, despite sniffing it all day long afterwards (the scent does has excellent longevity).

It plainly had next to nothing to do with the other "Pures" I had tested (i.e. Malt, Havane and Leather), and I had to pass on it for now.
    Regards.

22nd November, 2013

cerjr's avatar

Good scent value

This definitely has the Aventus signature, but is a lighter, more easily wearable fragrance. On a hot summer day when you want to smell unique, this is the one for you. I first smelled it in Germany, and ended up ordering it a few months later at home. Very glad that I did.

Pros: Great fresh scent
    Cons:

09th June, 2013

silentrich's avatar

Try it for yourself.

It took me awhile to warm up to Pure Shot and was even more of a reach as a blind buy. When I first tested it back when it was released I didn't care for it at all due to the projection and longevity issues. The fragrance itself smells of juniper berries and woods, but it has a really nice clean soapy quality to it. This is one of my go to summer fragrances and I really enjoy wearing this. The projection and longevity aren't great, but sillage is good. Overall this is a nice summer fragrance that gets a bad rap for being wrongly put in the A*men Pure line.

Pros: Fantastic smell.
    Cons: Projection and longevity are less than stellar.

21st May, 2013