A*Men Pure Shot (2012)
    by Thierry Mugler

A*Men Pure Shot Fragrance Notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Shot

Showing 1 to 6 of 40 reviews.

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

The mint-freshness of the opening with its juniper vibe is nice, as is the light white pepper note. Later a wood impression with a patchouli that is very restrained on my skin. Whilst the summery
    top notes are convincing, the rest is quite mediocre. Limited silage and projection with three hours of longevity.

12 February, 2014

Renato's avatar
    Renato

I tested Pure Shot eight or nine times over 10 weeks, as it was going for a reasonable price in a shop I visited. I really wanted to like it, because the bottle was so sharp looking.

However, it reminded me of some notes in A*men for about 20 seconds, then turned to something green, which just did not grab me, despite sniffing it all day long afterwards (the scent does has excellent longevity).

It plainly had next to nothing to do with the other "Pures" I had tested (i.e. Malt, Havane and Leather), and I had to pass on it for now.
    Regards.

22 November, 2013

cerjr's avatar
    cerjr

Good scent value

This definitely has the Aventus signature, but is a lighter, more easily wearable fragrance. On a hot summer day when you want to smell unique, this is the one for you. I first smelled it in Germany, and ended up ordering it a few months later at home. Very glad that I did.

Pros: Great fresh scent
    Cons:

09 June, 2013

silentrich's avatar
    silentrich

Try it for yourself.

It took me awhile to warm up to Pure Shot and was even more of a reach as a blind buy. When I first tested it back when it was released I didn't care for it at all due to the projection and longevity issues. The fragrance itself smells of juniper berries and woods, but it has a really nice clean soapy quality to it. This is one of my go to summer fragrances and I really enjoy wearing this. The projection and longevity aren't great, but sillage is good. Overall this is a nice summer fragrance that gets a bad rap for being wrongly put in the A*men Pure line.

Pros: Fantastic smell.
    Cons: Projection and longevity are less than stellar.

21st May, 2013

Bigtruck260's avatar
    Bigtruck260

Really nice stuff....

I could care less about the negativity. It has an Aventus vibe combining fruit and patchouli - and that hits me in my personal sweet spot. I dig it and hope it stays around. It's in a unique category...and can't be judged alongside its flankers. Totally different.

23 February, 2013

SwagScent.com's avatar
    SwagScent.com

Not a fan. This smells like every sports deodorant I've ever smelled. It is a pleasant cooling scent, but generic. I would've expected this from Adidas. I use this only when I workout.

24 December, 2012