Alien Essence Absolue (2012)
by Thierry Mugler

Alien Essence Absolue information

Year of Launch2012

HouseThierry Mugler
PerfumerDominique Ropion
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About Alien Essence Absolue

Alien Essence Absolue is a feminine perfume by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Dominique Ropion

Alien Essence Absolue fragrance notes

Reviews of Alien Essence Absolue

Mother and Child by Gustav Klimt 1905
14th May, 2017
This is Full Cream , Full Sugar, Jasmine Incensed, Vanilla Creme Anglaise. Browsing through the Ladies section one day, a cheeky SA spritzed this over my head.
In a second I knew that I could wear that. Holding that bottle confirmed that it was totally agreeable. It sits in my partner's Wardrobe, she doesn't really like it.
I pick it up to feel the bottle cupped in my hand and spritz it sometimes, to feel like a Creamy Dessert bun.
Genius creation Mr. Ropion!!
10th September, 2016 (last edited: 07th January, 2017)
I am a true Alien Fangirl and own just about every version except the leather one. This is my favorite to wear in an everyday manner. It's not as brash as the original, the edges are softened; this alien has learned some Earth manners. It's a beautiful, glowing, ambered version of Alien. Love love love, even though it's not as peculiar as the mothership.
01st May, 2016
BLUF: Claire nailed it; a beautifully rich vanilla from a designer that puts most other vanillas to shame.

I think I enjoy this more than original Alien...no, I definitely do. I clearly get hints of the classic Alien jasmine but with creamy myrrh and a well-placed orris note added into the mix. To my nose, this is predominantly a vanilla show. It’s a sexier and darker vanilla than most vanillas and the myrrh/orris duet leads it into a gorgeous, slightly ambery, slightly-waxy, oriental composition. I also got a slight hint of anise in the opening, as stated by another reviewer. Perhaps the orris playing tricks on me? I typically do not like anise in fragrances, food, nor anything, but quite enjoyed what my nose picked up here.

Potent juice, dark amber in color (wouldn’t recommend spraying light colored clothing) that lasts an entire work day on my skin. It is an “EdP Intense” concentration that wears like you think it might, but I wear this (and most everything) for my own personal enjoyment, so no qualms there. I love wearing it in cooler weather when I have a hankering for vanilla. Aside from perhaps recognizing the Alien jasmine, I’d wager that many folks would never guess this is a Mugler if they did a blind sniff test.

Quite beautiful overall, a respectable flanker for sure. The butt-crack bottle is a little goofy, but Thierry will be Thierry I suppose. Mugler is synonymous with “Trashy-chic” is it not? You know the well-trodden cliché, “It’s what’s inside that counts.” For the price? No-brainer if you dig creamy vanillas. Enthusiastic thumbs up.
24th April, 2016
Salutation.

I love THIERRY MUGLER fragrances!they are sexy, classy, elegant,everything a woman could want and they always get you lots of compliment.in celebration of the seven successful year of fabulous ALIEN,THIERRY MUGLER launched ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE. more sweet interpretation which will excite young women and those who wanted a softer version of their favorite. Warm,Sensual,Captivating,Sweet,Feminine,Rich and Classy.

Strong and fresh opening of jasmine while cashmere wood and orris root are the central notes in a delectable whirlwind.sweet vanilla,white amber and incense in the base,affrim its womanly character.it scent hs a irresistible harmony and deep and warm dry down but it is not as fantastic as original ALIEN for me.it is absolutely feminine and potently erotic.

ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE is like you spent a fortune on it and will leave you wanting to wear it day after day.this highly recommend for those women who works and who attend to many parties.It is sweet but not too sweet.perfect for a special evening in a cold weather.you can not go wrong with this THIERRY MUGLER winner.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?About 5 hours on my skin.

7.5/10
18th April, 2015
This is my second favourite of the "enriched" Aliens, with Taste of Fragrance being number 1. But even so, the dark earthy notes in this version make it an extremely close competitor with its greater depth.

The jasmine note is there for most of the time, preventing the composition from being plain and sweet, not that the vanilla not is plain in this case. In any Alien the jasmine is more abstract than truly floral which is just as well for me. The contrasts of the notes are exceptionally well blended. A real beauty.

The bottle is rather ugly by comparison to the rest of the series. What's wrong with the concept of a faceted gem? One announcement of this perfume described the bottle as a drop of liquid gold - a pleasant enough description, if not well rendered. Others welcomed the arrival of a "feminine shape". Do some women really need constant reminders in that quarter from everything they own?

But back to what matters, the bottom line is still a five-star-rating for the content of that ugly bottle.
25th December, 2014