Alien Essence Absolue (2012)
by Thierry Mugler

Alien Essence Absolue information

Year of Launch2012

HouseThierry Mugler
PerfumerDominique Ropion
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About Alien Essence Absolue

Alien Essence Absolue is a feminine perfume by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Dominique Ropion

Alien Essence Absolue fragrance notes

Reviews of Alien Essence Absolue

I love the vanilla in it. Very original take on the bean. It’s got some powdery feel, with a touch of tobacco and a bit of honey. Gorgeous stuff, with good sillage in the opening. I don’t know much about the original Alien and it’s flankers, but it made me think of Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille, except diabetics can wear it.
20th May, 2018
Alien Esscen Absolue shares the same base with the original Alien but stands out on its own with a very distinctive note. Unfortunately this note turned my stomach over. It smelt like rotten tomate layered on Alien on me. But if it works with your chemistry and you're a fan of Alien, I think it worths a try. It captures the spirit of the original Alien but still different enough to add in one's collection. The sillage and the longevity is typical TM quality, nice!

Originally written in 2013
06th November, 2017
Mother and Child by Gustav Klimt 1905
14th May, 2017
This is Full Cream , Full Sugar, Jasmine Incensed, Vanilla Creme Anglaise. Browsing through the Ladies section one day, a cheeky SA spritzed this over my head.
In a second I knew that I could wear that. Holding that bottle confirmed that it was totally agreeable. It sits in my partner's Wardrobe, she doesn't really like it.
I pick it up to feel the bottle cupped in my hand and spritz it sometimes, to feel like a Creamy Dessert bun.
Genius creation Mr. Ropion!!
10th September, 2016 (last edited: 07th January, 2017)
I am a true Alien Fangirl and own just about every version except the leather one. This is my favorite to wear in an everyday manner. It's not as brash as the original, the edges are softened; this alien has learned some Earth manners. It's a beautiful, glowing, ambered version of Alien. Love love love, even though it's not as peculiar as the mothership.
01st May, 2016
BLUF: Claire nailed it; a beautifully rich vanilla from a designer that puts most other vanillas to shame.

I think I enjoy this more than original Alien...no, I definitely do. I clearly get hints of the classic Alien jasmine but with creamy myrrh and a well-placed orris note added into the mix. To my nose, this is predominantly a vanilla show. It’s a sexier and darker vanilla than most vanillas and the myrrh/orris duet leads it into a gorgeous, slightly ambery, slightly-waxy, oriental composition. I also got a slight hint of anise in the opening, as stated by another reviewer. Perhaps the orris playing tricks on me? I typically do not like anise in fragrances, food, nor anything, but quite enjoyed what my nose picked up here.

Potent juice, dark amber in color (wouldn’t recommend spraying light colored clothing) that lasts an entire work day on my skin. It is an “EdP Intense” concentration that wears like you think it might, but I wear this (and most everything) for my own personal enjoyment, so no qualms there. I love wearing it in cooler weather when I have a hankering for vanilla. Aside from perhaps recognizing the Alien jasmine, I’d wager that many folks would never guess this is a Mugler if they did a blind sniff test.

Quite beautiful overall, a respectable flanker for sure. The butt-crack bottle is a little goofy, but Thierry will be Thierry I suppose. Mugler is synonymous with “Trashy-chic” is it not? You know the well-trodden cliché, “It’s what’s inside that counts.” For the price? No-brainer if you dig creamy vanillas. Enthusiastic thumbs up.
24th April, 2016

• USD $19.97
  • Listing Type: Buy it Now
  • Time Left:
  • Shipping from: United States

LOT OF 2- ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE BY THIERRY MUGLER 1 OZ EDP INTENSE READ DESCRIPT

• USD $15.50 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 3 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: 2 days

(2) THIERRY MUGLER ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE 0.05 oz

• USD $7.99
  • Time Left: 28 days

Alien Essence Absolue Women's 1.0oz EDP Spray By Thierry Muglar Read Listing

• USD $21.49
  • Time Left: 6 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Thierry Mugler ALIEN Essence Absolue Eau De Parfum Intense 2oz Refill Bottle~NEW

• USD $29.75
  • Time Left: 23 days
  • Shipping from: United States

THIERRY MUGLER ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE SPRAY - 1.0 oz.

• USD $28.99