Traversée du Bosphore (2010)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Traversée du Bosphore information

Year of Launch2010

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Traversée du Bosphore

Traversée du Bosphore is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Traversée du Bosphore fragrance notes

Reviews of Traversée du Bosphore

A fruity / floral accord opens Traversée du Bosphore, with apple and pomegranate for fruit, and tulip, iris, and rose for florals… the tulip and pomegranate take prominence which makes for an interesting and inventive accord. The accord IS synthetic, but I rather enjoy its synthetic but untypical nature. The next accord moves in with a dominant leather / saffron – I agree that the leather is more suede than leather. Even with my dislike of leather and saffron notes, I don’t dislike this middle accord – but I’d guess that I am not capturing the complete drama of the accord. The base goes sweet primarily with vanilla and it still retains the “leather” aura in a very pleasant and long-lasting manner.

Some other reviewers experience Traversée du Bosphore as a gourmand – to me it usually comes across as a sweet fruity suede. In my first testing of it, the iris came across rather strongly but with further tests the iris strength diminished and the leather / fruit took precedence.

This is a well made fragrance that attempts some fairly complex and dramatic things while still retaining a L’Artisan identity - which is an almost self-contradictory goal. I think it does a good job of reaching that goal… It’s an interesting fragrance – more edgy than most L’Artisans. I like the direction this one takes.
03rd May, 2015
Traversée du Bosphore opens with a pleasant, evocative and invigorating Middle-Eastern blend comprising warm notes of powder, amber, vanilla, spices (tonka above all to me), a sweet and earthy tobacco note providing a darker, yet always mellow “support” to the powdery-amber-spicy accord. It may sound simple, but actually it’s a rather pleasant and perhaps quite complex harmony of colours and shades, with a thin but totally solid texture, basically a sort of warm Oriental talc-amber-spicy scent with an ephemeral boozy heart. Now... the issue here, as with many scents by L’Artisan, is that of all this suddenly turns into a fairly light (and somehow generic) skin-scent, as much pleasant as “faded”. It’s like a time machine that in 30 minutes transports you directly 4 hours later, on the very drydown. Great until it lasts, then barely nice overall, but... meh, bit of a tune on the “volume/persistence” knob would be appreciated in my opinion.

18th December, 2014
I totally agree with Kain. This is a horrible perfume. In fact the whole line is terrible. Mr. Bertrand what where you thinking when creating that poorly made, synthetic and cloying line!!!
25th November, 2014
I'm testing this fragrance via my sample and I must say I'm quite impressed .............. but not by the juice!
Actually by all these positive reviews!!!
What the hell?!!
The opening is a very synthetic and in your face note of pomegranate with lots of sweetness and some floral notes in the background.
The opening is just synthetic chemical mess that remind me of cough syrup! it's terrible!
After a while and in the mid that synthetic pomegranate note settle down just a bit and the floral note goes away.
Now you can smell a sugar like sweetness which is a little stronger than the opening and there is small amount of leather in the background.
The leather note is just there to give the scent slightly dirty and dark feeling.
You will have this scent until the base shows up!
In the base you have a very sweet sugary scent with leather, synthetic fruity scent and some floral notes in the background.
That terrible synthetic fruity note never goes away and it's there all the time to torture my nose!
When I'm going for a niche fragrance brand and I want to pay more money, at least I'm expecting quality and this one doesn't have it at all!
Very synthetic fruity note meshing with other notes that create a very bad unbalanced scent!
A big thumbs down!
I hate it!
Projection is average and longevity is above average on my skin.
16th February, 2014
Discovering that some tulips are scented was quite a surprise – I had to bring my nose right up to their cups and there it was, faint but distinct, like a whisper heard with great clarity from a distance. The scent had a touch of saffron, a trace of something green.
The marvellous transparent opening accord of Traversée reminded me of tulips (not least I suppose because that is the intention of the perfumer), that light saffron note – here complemented by soft iris, suede and a hint of something fruity – worked its quiet magic. This is a scent that is carried by a breeze across a lake, somewhat distant but so tempting.
Whereas the opening typifies the rich-but-light trick that many L’Artisan creations do so well, the drydown is quite straightforward. To me this is mainly a lipstick iris, soft, creamy and comforting, with some sympathetic accents rounding it out, which then turns into something amorphously sweet – likeable but doesn’t inspire devotion.
05th January, 2014
A bit like Havana Vanilla

A bit like Havana Vanilla with added spices. I notice it morphs back and forth into the Vanilla then mixed with spices and another note i just cant put my finger on. Maybe a tad of Patchouli? I think its quite nice :-)

23rd August, 2013

Add your review of Traversée du Bosphore

Shop for Traversée du Bosphore products online

Shop for Traversée du Bosphore at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Traversée du Bosphore

Member images of Traversée du Bosphore

There are no member images of Traversée du Bosphore yet. Why not be the first?