Traversée du Bosphore (2010)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Traversée du Bosphore information

Year of Launch2010

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Traversée du Bosphore

Traversée du Bosphore is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Traversée du Bosphore fragrance notes

Reviews of Traversée du Bosphore

I agree with Kain about the positive reviews.
Sweet, sour, medicinal floral effeminate mess of notes.
A scrubber.

Fragrance: 5.75/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7.5/10 -unfortunately
08th February, 2020
Absolutely lush and stunning perfume. While it doesn't smell like the real Bosphorus (thank goodness!) it does take from it various scents from the small villages and stops along the way.

Warm and cozy vanilla and musk with the nicest rose that reminds me of Turkish delight. Pistachio notes that remind you of Fıstıklı Sarma, in fact reminiscent of eating in Turkey rather than floating down the water. Lovely leather and waxy iris. Overall tops from me. I found myself hanging on to the paper strip with this perfume and constantly sniffing the intoxicating scent over and over. Full bottle worthy.
22nd January, 2020
I could swoon every time I wear this... An autumnal-like fruit mix on top. Iris shoots at you straight away (and never leaves). It's dry. Iris dominates. A touch of rose lies beneath. A smidge of pistachio. Vanilla and musk and iris all stand strong further on, at the base. Iris lasting forever.
07th February, 2019
Tales of dusty roads
And odd sweets, we laundered with
Her Black Opium

And my cough syrup
Plus some vanilla extract
Possibly stolen

"Kinda perfumey"
But better than those bus smells
Just one sniff away

"See the world" they said
Smell the world is more like it
Then cover it up

Pretend it's not there
Then yearn for something still real
Ah, but there's the rub

That magic moment
Of information in the
Disinformation

Meant to hide all the
Bad information from the
Good information

And information
Just wants to be valu'ble
Or so they told us

Though I must admit
That perfume is all lies, too
Even our fake Tide

Hiding all of our
More interesting stories
In more charming ones

So now, where were we?
Ah, yes. Riding on that bus.
Climbing rope odors

I still remember
How they made Black Opium
More like Terre d'Hermès

So don't ask me what
Istanbul really smells like
I'd just have to lie.
03rd November, 2018
Traversée du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur reminds me very much of something I've worn before, which I'm fairly certain is Drole de Rose by L'Artisan Parfumeur. They even share a hint of an almond extract note, although it is a fairly minor note in the overall smell.

This is a sweet, powdery, vanilla floral, mostly rose.

I'll try to wear it side-by-side with Drole de Rose at some point and update.
07th June, 2018
Duchafour has created a unique gourmand with a new and unusual combination of notes in Traversee du Bosphore. Its opening is familiar; a leathery lipstick infused iris reminiscent of Dior Homme with a red, tangy fruitiness gradually creeping toward the forefront. By the half hour mark the iris has taken a back seat, overcome by the tart fruitiness which has grown in both intensity and sweetness. Now a jammy red rose enters the picture as well, coated in a rich, sugary syrup, and we are presented with Bertrand's interpretation of Turkish delight, a dessert I'm all the more eager to try now that I've smelled this. This is the heart of the fragrance, a soft, pale suede note graces the background just noticeable, while on top of it a distinct candy-like sweetness, slightly tart like a red apple, but sugary and delectable, has taken hold blending in with and accenting a rich, honey-rose syrup drizzled over chunky nougat. It is sweet, it is tart, it is very much red, and it is unlike anything I've smelled before in the world of perfumery. The heart persists for some time, and just when you're beginning to feel stuffed, as if you can't take anymore of the rich, treacly, candied-rose, it all starts to settle down and warm elements of tobacco and a nutty pistachio bring a sobering, neutralizing reassurance to the base, grounding Traversee in a warm, savory finish. What an olfactory ride! Du Bosphore may not be loved by everyone, but if you connect with it you will indeed love it. It is completely unique, and the creative, deft hand of Bertrand Duchafour is on prime display in this complex gourmand extravaganza. I've been lucky this year to discover both this and Noir Exquis (another Duchafour creation). Both are among my best discoveries of the year, but more importantly, both are undoubtedly the best gourmand fragrances I've sniffed in at least three years (I haven't been this impressed with a gourmand since Pierre Guillaume released Aomassai). However, while I can wholeheartedly recommend blind buying Noir Exquis, I have to recommend sampling Traversee du Boshpore. It is so unlike anything around I have no reference point to orient potential buyers. In that case, it's probably best to sample this in the unfortunate case that you find Turkish Delight just doesn't sit right with you. Gladly, I don't have this issue, so I'll be wearing this quite a bit in the future with great pleasure. T

The feel of Traversee du Bosphore is casual, though it could probably be dressed up a little too. It leans more toward night than day in my opinion, but seems well-suited for almost any season. I imagine the sweetness could become too much in really hot, humid weather, but other than that I don't see many seasonal limits for this one. Projection on my skin is very good and longevity is impressive. Please note that there seem to be altering, inconsistent accounts of its performance, though I find for a L'Artisan this is extremely well-performing and I've have had no issues with it. Thumbs up all the way. It's not every day something like this comes along and for that reason Traversee du Bosphore is a truly special scent. 8 out of 10.
21st July, 2017

Add your review of Traversée du Bosphore

Shop for Traversée du Bosphore products online

Shop for Traversée du Bosphore at online perfumeries

L'Artisan Parfumeur Traversee Du Bosphore EDP Spray 100ml Men's Perfume

End Date: Wednesday Feb-19-2020 0:28:36 PST
Buy It Now for only: $86.86
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Traversee Du Bosphore by L'artisan Parfumeur Eau De Parfum Spray (Unisex) 3.4 oz

End Date: Friday Feb-21-2020 2:57:06 PST

Buy It Now for only: $114.75

End Date: Thursday Feb-27-2020 22:46:40 PST
Buy It Now for only: $106.20
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Traversee Du Bosphore 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray (Unisex) by L'artisan Parfumeur

End Date: Saturday Feb-29-2020 6:33:07 PST
Buy It Now for only: $100.99

Niche L’artisan Parfumeur Traversee Du Bosphore Eau De Parfum 5ml Sample Decant

End Date: Saturday Feb-29-2020 7:20:18 PST
Buy It Now for only: $8.30

End Date: Saturday Feb-29-2020 22:55:12 PST
Buy It Now for only: $106.41
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

New Traversee Du Bosphore by Lartisan Parfumeur Eau De Parfum Spray (Unisex) 3.4

End Date: Sunday Mar-1-2020 19:42:38 PST
Buy It Now for only: $108.91

L'Artisan Parfumeur - Traversee du Bosphore - 5ml SAMPLE Glass Decant Atomizer

End Date: Tuesday Mar-3-2020 11:02:22 PST
Buy It Now for only: $11.29
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L'artisan Parfumeur Traversee Du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur Eau de Parfum S

End Date: Thursday Mar-5-2020 6:14:51 PST
Buy It Now for only: $131.74
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L'Artisan Parfumeur 0.75mL Oudh, Un Ete, Timbuktu, Vetiver, Ambre, Tea, Bosphore

End Date: Thursday Mar-5-2020 9:10:26 PST
Buy It Now for only: $7.20

Member images of Traversée du Bosphore

There are no member images of Traversée du Bosphore yet. Why not be the first?