No. 19 Poudré (2011)

Year of Launch2011

PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About No. 19 Poudré

No. 19 Poudré is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

No. 19 Poudré fragrance notes

Reviews of No. 19 Poudré

I am a huge lover of Chanel #19 poudre'! I own both #19 and this one! I wear this one, i love to own the #19 as a collector! I am not sure why: they both are dry cyphre which makes them immediately suitable to both ladies & gents in my humble opinion. Poudre' has a truly more powdery warmth that comes to mind as sensual and less uptight, more casual and yet extremely elegant, because this scent for me is special also for a peculiar quality: it lets you make of it anything you may be capable of with your personality, without taking away, but always enhancing, with everlasting class.
02nd October, 2015
Respect to Messrs Polge and Sheldrake. An unequivocal triumph.

Still recognisably Chanel 19 but the many heads of the dewy, cold, limpid green flowers have been decapitated and in their place sits the soothing butter-powder of the stout iris rhizome which tames 19's incisive icy greenness, softening and diffusing it along the length and breadth of the perfume to create a more relaxed, girlish, expansive, less austere and uptight demeanour than the original 19. Poudre smiles warmly where 19 arches an eyebrow; in short Poudre is more wearable.

Less translucent than No 19, Poudre has heft but the obedient iris sits demurely in the shadow of the No 19 wood never shouting or attempting to upstage the No 19 master; for I have always felt that 19 had a "masculine" presence. Poudre nonetheless subdues the masculine with a quiet, vestal femininity. The iris also imparts an innocence to Poudre in contrast to No 19's aloof 'know it all' sophistication.

A kind of chaste warmth permeates the ambience - this is not the unbridled sensuality of an oriental but a wholesome and understated type. Its as if No 19 is the glade on a chilly spring day after the rain which is now suddenly warmed by the sun through the trees.

What character, grace and romantic loveliness! Perhaps I love Poudre because - as Perfumebox says - Poudre has more in common with No. 19 pure perfume than the other versions and because of that, I am reunited with my first fragrant love - Chanel No. 19 Pure Perfume, which I first met at 18 but which I have neglected for many years; too many years.

Its enough to bring a tear to your eye.
24th June, 2015
I came into my first experience with 19 Poudre expecting to be unimpressed. I was terribly wrong.

No. 19 stands alone - let's get that much straight! I love it, I adore it, and it will always be a scent not quite like another.

With that said, I adore this newer and less edgy scent. It is a compliment to its beginnings, rather than a distraction or an intrusion. Poudre stands alone, and deservedly so. Soft, buttery iris, powdery florals, perhaps white musk. A very pretty green scent that would make a nice addition to any wardrobe.
06th May, 2015
Very wearable perfume. Nonintrusive, intimate and outspoken at the same time. It's a soft, not too powdery green iris with a pinch of mineral freshness. A bit fuzzy during the powder phase, otherwise clear and structured. Excellent performance.
31st August, 2014 (last edited: 01st September, 2014)
Nefret Show all reviews
Lovely, edgeless

Chanel No. 19 is one of my perennial favorites; I don't think it gets old. If I had to pick one forever, well, that's it. The brisk leathery notes with sharper green were not entirely pared out, but they're certainly not in the forefront. The powdery musk that takes up the rest of the space holds no interest for me. There's nothing wrong with this pretty fragrance, except that I wanted to like it, and found it bland.

Pros: Easily wearable, feminine
Cons: The original is better. As usual."

07th September, 2013
Trust Fund Baby

No 19 Poudre Chanel could be the shy, yet talented niece of Chanel 19. Auntie is wealthy (thanks to her own efforts) and has aged quite well; in fact, she takes a young lover from time to time, but never allows herself to be bothered with permanent attachments. Children (and some adults) who read "The Witches" by Roald Dahl cower in terror has she approaches. Her obsessive-compulsive disorder is apparent if one were to inspect her well-kept home: the space between the refrigerator and the wall doesn’t harbor a speck of dust, and of course her lingerie wardrobe is organized and color coded. We will not discuss her Chanel handbag collection. The young niece, on the other hand, is a straight-A student studying art history at NYU and lives in a small bohemian loft. Her elegant, yet relaxed appearance draws everyone who meets her in for a closer look. She has a couple of confidantes whom she shares her bed with, but prefers to maintain friendships instead of settle down. She spends her spare time volunteering at soup kitchens and hanging out with friends at trendy cafes and bars. In spite of her art degree, she knows that she will land a decent job immediately after graduation—auntie will make sure of it.

Mediocre longevity; wears close to the skin; I can’t help but like it. 3.5/5

18th June, 2013

Add your review of No. 19 Poudré

Shop for No. 19 Poudré products online

Shop for No. 19 Poudré at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for No. 19 Poudré

Member images of No. 19 Poudré

There are no member images of No. 19 Poudré yet. Why not be the first?