No. 19 Poudré (2011)

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About No. 19 Poudré

No. 19 Poudré is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

No. 19 Poudré fragrance notes

Reviews of No. 19 Poudré

It takes only a single spray of No. 19 Poudre on one's wrist and studying it over the next ten hours to understand why Chanel has been the darling of so many women over so many decades. No. 19 Poudre is a brilliantly crafted floral centred around iris. There is intially a hint of citrus, followed by an accord of iris and galbanum. The long dry down is a gorgeous musk. Not dirty musk, not laundry musk - just a fresh, slightly sweet musk that smells like clean human skin.

It's hard to believe how the same company pumps out inane masculine 'colognes' (Allure, Bleu, Platinum Egoiste) year after year.

No. 19 Poudre is elegant, sophisticated but also very modern and approachable, and not too elaborate. It's unmistakably Chanel. Unlike some other Chanels, it also has adequate sillage and excellent longevity.

01st July, 2017
I recently bought my Mum a bottle of No19 Poudre, as she fancied a green fragrance for summer. As soon as I smelled it on her I knew it reminded me of something, but I couldn't think what. Today, one of my friends was wearing Mugler Cologne - the first time I've smelled it for at least ten years, and it smells identical to No19 Poudre on my Mum. I don't know if the two fragrances would be quite so similar on everyone, but I really can't tell the two apart. My Mum likes her No19 Poudre very much; her only complaint is that it doesn't last more than a few hours on her skin, and she has to reapply it. The sillage, however is good; when I visit my Mum, I know immediately when she's wearing it as soon as I go into the house.

I haven't tried my Mum's No19 Poudre on my skin, but when I sniff the bottle, it makes me think of a more modern take on No19; ie. original No19 with the addition of tonka and white musk - thankfully, and perhaps rather surprisingly, no vanilla. However, when my Mum wears it, it is exactly like Cologne on my friend!

A very pleasant, modernised version of No19; however, for myself, I prefer the original - particularly the Parfum strength. As I have stated in some of my other reviews of Chanel fragrances, I am really not a fan of Jacques Polge's perfumes; No19 Poudre, and No18 are, in my opinion, definitely his best to date.
17th June, 2017
The magic of 19 Poudré is a perfect mix of Chanel's trademark lemon champagne aldehydes and happy old-fashioned talcum powder. It's a beautiful fireworks display that has a classic appeal without ever smelling old.

After the sparkles die down, I'm left with a pleasant smudge of lemony vetiver, but this is engineered like an eau de cologne, where the fun is in the topnotes, while the rest is weak enough to allow for constant reapplication through the day.

Longevity fanatics should look elsewhere (I'd suggest No. 19 extrait with its hours of rich iris and vetiver), as should those who don't care for loud powder, but for those who enjoy a blast of perfectly orchestrated aldehydes, Poudré may well become a favorite.
07th February, 2017
I am a huge lover of Chanel #19 poudre'! I own both #19 and this one! I wear this one, i love to own the #19 as a collector! I am not sure why: they both are dry cyphre which makes them immediately suitable to both ladies & gents in my humble opinion. Poudre' has a truly more powdery warmth that comes to mind as sensual and less uptight, more casual and yet extremely elegant, because this scent for me is special also for a peculiar quality: it lets you make of it anything you may be capable of with your personality, without taking away, but always enhancing, with everlasting class.
02nd October, 2015
Respect to Messrs Polge and Sheldrake. An unequivocal triumph.

Still recognisably Chanel 19 but the many heads of the dewy, cold, limpid green flowers have been decapitated and in their place sits the soothing butter-powder of the stout iris rhizome which tames 19's incisive icy greenness, softening and diffusing it along the length and breadth of the perfume to create a more relaxed, girlish, expansive, less austere and uptight demeanour than the original 19. Poudre smiles warmly where 19 arches an eyebrow; in short Poudre is more wearable.

Less translucent than No 19, Poudre has heft but the obedient iris sits demurely in the shadow of the No 19 wood never shouting or attempting to upstage the No 19 master; for I have always felt that 19 had a "masculine" presence. Poudre nonetheless subdues the masculine with a quiet, vestal femininity. The iris also imparts an innocence to Poudre in contrast to No 19's aloof 'know it all' sophistication.

A kind of chaste warmth permeates the ambience - this is not the unbridled sensuality of an oriental but a wholesome and understated type. Its as if No 19 is the glade on a chilly spring day after the rain which is now suddenly warmed by the sun through the trees.

What character, grace and romantic loveliness! Perhaps I love Poudre because - as Perfumebox says - Poudre has more in common with No. 19 pure perfume than the other versions and because of that, I am reunited with my first fragrant love - Chanel No. 19 Pure Perfume, which I first met at 18 but which I have neglected for many years; too many years.

Its enough to bring a tear to your eye.
24th June, 2015
I came into my first experience with 19 Poudre expecting to be unimpressed. I was terribly wrong.

No. 19 stands alone - let's get that much straight! I love it, I adore it, and it will always be a scent not quite like another.

With that said, I adore this newer and less edgy scent. It is a compliment to its beginnings, rather than a distraction or an intrusion. Poudre stands alone, and deservedly so. Soft, buttery iris, powdery florals, perhaps white musk. A very pretty green scent that would make a nice addition to any wardrobe.
06th May, 2015

Add your review of No. 19 Poudré

Shop for No. 19 Poudré products online

Search Amazon for No. 19 Poudré

Member images of No. 19 Poudré

There are no member images of No. 19 Poudré yet. Why not be the first?