No. 19 Poudré (2011)

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About No. 19 Poudré

No. 19 Poudré is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

No. 19 Poudré fragrance notes

Reviews of No. 19 Poudré

The magic of 19 Poudré is a perfect mix of Chanel's trademark lemon champagne aldehydes and happy old-fashioned talcum powder. It's a beautiful fireworks display that has a classic appeal without ever smelling old.

After the sparkles die down, I'm left with a pleasant smudge of lemony vetiver, but this is engineered like an eau de cologne, where the fun is in the topnotes, while the rest is weak enough to allow for constant reapplication through the day.

Longevity fanatics should look elsewhere (I'd suggest No. 19 extrait with its hours of rich iris and vetiver), as should those who don't care for loud powder, but for those who enjoy a blast of perfectly orchestrated aldehydes, Poudré may well become a favorite.
07th February, 2017
I am a huge lover of Chanel #19 poudre'! I own both #19 and this one! I wear this one, i love to own the #19 as a collector! I am not sure why: they both are dry cyphre which makes them immediately suitable to both ladies & gents in my humble opinion. Poudre' has a truly more powdery warmth that comes to mind as sensual and less uptight, more casual and yet extremely elegant, because this scent for me is special also for a peculiar quality: it lets you make of it anything you may be capable of with your personality, without taking away, but always enhancing, with everlasting class.
02nd October, 2015
Respect to Messrs Polge and Sheldrake. An unequivocal triumph.

Still recognisably Chanel 19 but the many heads of the dewy, cold, limpid green flowers have been decapitated and in their place sits the soothing butter-powder of the stout iris rhizome which tames 19's incisive icy greenness, softening and diffusing it along the length and breadth of the perfume to create a more relaxed, girlish, expansive, less austere and uptight demeanour than the original 19. Poudre smiles warmly where 19 arches an eyebrow; in short Poudre is more wearable.

Less translucent than No 19, Poudre has heft but the obedient iris sits demurely in the shadow of the No 19 wood never shouting or attempting to upstage the No 19 master; for I have always felt that 19 had a "masculine" presence. Poudre nonetheless subdues the masculine with a quiet, vestal femininity. The iris also imparts an innocence to Poudre in contrast to No 19's aloof 'know it all' sophistication.

A kind of chaste warmth permeates the ambience - this is not the unbridled sensuality of an oriental but a wholesome and understated type. Its as if No 19 is the glade on a chilly spring day after the rain which is now suddenly warmed by the sun through the trees.

What character, grace and romantic loveliness! Perhaps I love Poudre because - as Perfumebox says - Poudre has more in common with No. 19 pure perfume than the other versions and because of that, I am reunited with my first fragrant love - Chanel No. 19 Pure Perfume, which I first met at 18 but which I have neglected for many years; too many years.

Its enough to bring a tear to your eye.
24th June, 2015
I came into my first experience with 19 Poudre expecting to be unimpressed. I was terribly wrong.

No. 19 stands alone - let's get that much straight! I love it, I adore it, and it will always be a scent not quite like another.

With that said, I adore this newer and less edgy scent. It is a compliment to its beginnings, rather than a distraction or an intrusion. Poudre stands alone, and deservedly so. Soft, buttery iris, powdery florals, perhaps white musk. A very pretty green scent that would make a nice addition to any wardrobe.
06th May, 2015
Very wearable perfume. Nonintrusive, intimate and outspoken at the same time. It's a soft, not too powdery green iris with a pinch of mineral freshness. A bit fuzzy during the powder phase, otherwise clear and structured. Excellent performance.
31st August, 2014 (last edited: 01st September, 2014)
Nefret Show all reviews
Lovely, edgeless

Chanel No. 19 is one of my perennial favorites; I don't think it gets old. If I had to pick one forever, well, that's it. The brisk leathery notes with sharper green were not entirely pared out, but they're certainly not in the forefront. The powdery musk that takes up the rest of the space holds no interest for me. There's nothing wrong with this pretty fragrance, except that I wanted to like it, and found it bland.

Pros: Easily wearable, feminine
Cons: The original is better. As usual."

07th September, 2013

Add your review of No. 19 Poudré

Shop for No. 19 Poudré products online

Search Amazon for No. 19 Poudré

Member images of No. 19 Poudré

There are no member images of No. 19 Poudré yet. Why not be the first?