Avant Garde (2011)

PerfumerShyamala Maisondieu
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Avant Garde

Avant Garde is a masculine fragrance by Lanvin. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Shyamala Maisondieu

Avant Garde fragrance notes

Reviews of Avant Garde

this is an amazing smooth fragrance.warm tobacco, honey and cardamon.
very quiet, elegant and sweet.. not synthetic at all.
this definitely competes quality wise with ysl and tom ford.
needless to say..amazing value for under 30 bucks.

14th November, 2016
Avant Garde was responsible for the most enthusiastic compliment to any fragrance I've worn. However, she had to bury her nose in my neck to smell it, so it doesn't compete well in crowded spaces. It does resemble La Nuit, EdB, etc but the beeswax is where it really becomes unique. Honey is ok as a note, but too much in a scent is kinda weird, so I like the beeswax better to attract some queen bees.
15th August, 2016
Avant Garde is everything YSL La Nuit wishes it could be and more. Avant Garde smells better and has a wonderful price tag for what you are getting in the bottle.

Like others have stated in their reviews, the beeswax note is what sets this apart. Some have also stated that this fragrance is similar to Eau Des Baux. Maybe. I can smell traces of similarities between the two, but to me, this leans more on the side of a much better version of La Nuit.
09th June, 2016 (last edited: 23rd June, 2016)
BoxPred Show all reviews
What a fantastic fragrance! Certainly up there with my favourites right now.

Lanvin Avant Garde does beeswax like no other in my humble opinion. A beautiful sweet and masculine offering that you are not likely to be smelling on any of your friends/family/colleagues. I agree with the YSL La Nuit dry down comparison mentioned previously and any comparison to that touch of class is a winner in my book. I also get the L'Occitane des baux comparison but I don't consider this to be an inferior scent, I like both and as I said the beeswax note is the fixer. I don't get much tobacco and would not refer this to a tobacco lover. If you like honey there is a high chance you will like this.

The bottle is simple and classy. I like wearing this for work as it is subtle and suitably formal.

I really can't recommend this under the radar beauty enough, especially if you have a sweet tooth and favour gourmands like me. Lanvin Avante Garde will proudly remain in my collection for years to come.
21st February, 2016
The opening, somehow, reminds me a lot of 1 Million but then it starts to smell very pleasant, like La Nuit de L'Homme with a dark note of tobacco and then the famous beeswax note that smells amazing on my dry skin.
It is a blind buy if you're interested in sweet fragrances, very masculine though.
It DOES NOT smell cheap, even if its price is below average
15th December, 2015
A quiet gourmand and masculine too. This recalls many scents I have tried and liked...Baldessarini by Hugo Boss comes to mind, though this is more of a Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Eau Leger Cologne.

I find many gourmands to be too sweet or too feminine. This is not the case here. It is smooth tobacco and syrup (honey to me is more of that dirty big note). This is not for the world to smell but rather a close comforting scent. I find it fits well in the cooler fall weather, specially since I tend to overpsray, the lack of high temps makes it work out great. The price is incredible. Snag one before it starts going back up. Roughly $20 to $25 at the time if this review.
18th August, 2015