Aoud Musk (2010)

Aoud Musk information

Year of Launch2010

HouseMontale

About Aoud Musk

Aoud Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2010

Aoud Musk fragrance notes

Reviews of Aoud Musk

The scent is quite aromatic, a little sweet, musky and earthy. The oud is light, I'd prefer it to have more depth, as it's mostly saffron and musk on my skin. While I find it pretty dry and harsh at start, there is a wet musky smell into the heart, it's also sweeter and warm. The scent is mostly linear and it feels synthetic and chemical at time, but it does work and I enjoy it. I find it in the same vein as Duro, but that one is done better.
05th September, 2017
This is the third sample of the 7 I have and this is better than the first two for sure. I give this a slight thumbs up due to it, at least to my nose, being a sweeter version of BRUT lol. Now it isn't an exact copy but it is close but with better quality of construction and notes. It is a strong musk scent but not too overbearing and the oud isn't over the top. Overall I like it but I suggest a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY with this house. Other wise... Enjoy!

ADDT REVIEW 6.2.17
Wearing this today it hit me... this is similar to Hermes TDH. To my nose, these are in the same vein. Just my 2 pennies worth lol. Still think this is pretty awesome overall.
31st May, 2017 (last edited: 02nd June, 2017)
rbaker Show all reviews
Saffron, oud and musk are the threesome that greets me in the opening blast, and the oud really gets ahead of the others soon as far as presence and dominance is concerned.

In the drydown soon the musk arrives, and whilst really being dark and somber, it is actually neither an oppressive nor unduly heavy. The oud, musk and saffron develop into a triad that is well-balanced, and in spite of being intense it is never cloying or unpleasantly intrusive.

The sillage is moderate, the projection excellent and the longevity is eight hours on my skin.

Whilst on the on hand this autumnal composition sports the familiar synthetic oud/musk duo that is not infrequently used these days, Aoud Musk is on the other hand one of the more nuanced and balanced example of how to employ these usual suspects. The more refined blending gives this scent an edge over similar products, including Black Musk of the same house. 3.25/5.
23rd December, 2016
Aoud Musk starts out with a mixture between Dark Aoud and Black Musk. I also smell a sawdust dryness after dry-down There is an underlying wet earth smell that is wonderful, but hard to smell without putting your nose right to the fragrance. Overall great but is it different enough from other Montales? Not sure.
20th May, 2016
Salutation.

This is just such a weird scent.a weighty perfume for a demure person.this is relly a work of art in the world of fragrances and one of the best MONTALE perfumes.so powerful and sophisticated and extremely charismatic as i prefer it to many popular modern scents because it is a real masterpiece.It represents power,seduction,courage,faith and the spirit of strength for a mysterious mature man with a special tastes and occasions which you like to think for a long.Musky,Deep,Powerful, Striking,Headstrong,Warm and Woody.

AOUD MUSK has the power to make you to love it or hate it fromthe first spray as it opens up with an overwhelming burst of aoud combined with musk and saffron that excite the sense.the notes are so perfectly harmonized especially oud and musk are so strong and dominant to my nose.the dry down persists for well over a day.AOUD MUSK is masculine than feminine.the confident character will wear this perfume and feel the magic.it is not for the faint of heart indeed.It is definitely for cold weather.test it first before buying.

Sillage?Killer.

Longevity?Lasts and lasts.

7.75/10
13th June, 2015
Aoud Musk is another interesting offering from Montale, but I can't say I enjoy it as much as the others I've tried (Red Aoud, Black Aoud, Blue Amber), mainly since the musk and oud take over a little too much to make this a great blend. It leans earthier without a sweet note to balance it out.

Fans who enjoy aoud, musk, and amber will certainly find this interesting. With the amber and potentially the ebony wood as the only sources of sweetness, it leans unisex and not in the way that I'm accustomed to (with floral or sweet notes). Perhaps this takes more getting used to, or perhaps the oud/musk pairing isn't for me, but while this is good and the oud Montale DNA is present, it simply doesn't come off as pleasant and refined.

Similarly strong on projection and longevity, and worth trying if you like the other Montale Aoud entries, or like the concept of an oud/musk blend.

6 out of 10