Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)

Le Vetiver Itasca Fragrance Notes

Le Vetiver Itasca information

Le Vetiver Itasca is a men's fragrance by Lubin. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Le Vetiver Itasca

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.
    positive 12 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Barbershop in a bottle. Reminds me of my teenage years when all I could afford were ‘after shaves’ – they smelled of a mixture of conifers, citruses, spices and were inevitably sweet and salubrious. Well, Itasca is at the apex of that genre, perfectly pitched and balanced, with the added benefit of not being gone in a flash, bringing that sense of freshly shaven well-being. A perfect gift for trad man.
    It’s a perfume style I’ve outgrown, but I can admire this iteration nonetheless – the smooth vetiver base, the sweet and juicy tonka-geranium combo peeking through the fir trees, the restrained but discernible spicing. Itasca is a lithe young thing in a white towelling bathrobe.

14th November, 2014

sjg3839's avatar

Great fragrance. Has a barbershop vibe the way the vetiver is blended in with the other notes. The vetiver is very fresh and clean. This one can be worn all year round IMO. The vetiver in Itasca reminds me of Encre Noir Sport. An elegant pine note is in there also. 8/10

03rd November, 2014 (Last Edited: 28th December, 2014)

baaghji's avatar

I can definitely see why so many people like this fragrance, and it definitely seems to be great for evening wear.
    On my skin it started out very boozy for the first two hours, then moved on to an incense heavy and a little closer to the skin but still with good projection. The dry down seemed to almost completely drop the incense note and leave a clean, slightly sweet vetiver, but on me the projection has dropped to almost nothing.
    Heavy and sweet/boozy to start, with incense starting to kick in after some time at the bar or nightclub and then greener at the end of the night when everyone else has been sweating alcohol for an hour or two.

08th July, 2014

tymanski's avatar

this is a successful variation on the vetiver theme. it is really jazzed up with sweet woods, spices and a beautifully astringent vetiver note that lubin does well. it doesn't really remind me of ontario (or minnesota for that matter) but like a jazz tune, you can call a perfume practically anything..... bought it and really enjoyed it this spring

03rd June, 2014

Adama's avatar

Opens with VERY smokey, tobacco-y wood; water poured over a campfire to put it out, with maybe a touch of rubber.

Develops a sort of sweetness as the smokey wood tobacco loses strength at a surprising rate, considering how strong it opened. Taking a look at the (extensive) note pyramid I'm guessing that the geranium and incense are opening at this stage.

A faded pine emerges into the mix, but it is dominated by the other notes.

I think that this would fit with an older man; not my cup of tea.

Edit: I almost immediately regretted giving this stuff a Neutral. I wore it for the rest of the week and couldn't stop smelling myself, especially after I looked up and read about the philosophy behind this cologne, which it turns out is all about the outdoors.

The pine also started coming through for me, and I'm in loving Itasca.

Changed to Positive, which is what it deserves!

29th March, 2014 (Last Edited: 20th April, 2014)

rbaker's avatar

A nice vetiver

Juniper berry, neroli and citrus make a fresh top note, which takes on flowery and green notes in the drydown. Then a pine phase emerges, but eventually the star of the performance arrives: a medium depth, not too bright, elegant vetiver that is not of the raw and dirty variety, it is an elegant vetiver, tempered by a bit of tonka and a touch of spice - but a good vetiver nonetheless. At the end he wood notes get stronger. Decent silage and projection, and a good five hours of longevity. Nice.

26th July, 2013