L'Eau Neuve Figaro (2010)
by Lubin

L'Eau Neuve Figaro information

Year of Launch2010

HouseLubin
Parent CompanyLubin

About L'Eau Neuve Figaro

L'Eau Neuve Figaro is a shared / unisex perfume by Lubin. The scent was launched in 2010

L'Eau Neuve Figaro fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Eau Neuve Figaro

For ages, my least favorite style of "intelligent" perfume was "artful synthetics". Warm electricity and odd industrial odors with pompously ridiculous note lists made for pained sniffing. But ultimately, all these years later, I'm finally learning to enjoy the genre, thanks to Figaro as well as Cognoscenti's compellingly abstract No 8 - Aldehydic Oakmoss.

For years, every time I went to a local store selling Lubin, I made a point of smelling Figaro. I always found it interesting, but was never sure if I really enjoyed it. Then, when they put it on sale, I finally bought a bottle with the hopes of falling in love. And yes, I have.

So what does it smell like? Deep, jammy, slightly rubbery rhubarb mixed with the smell of paint drying. I don't smell anything remotely figgy, though the promised vetiver is there, but mostly the metallic iodine aspect as opposed to anything green or grassy or expected, though there's also a nebulous fluorescent green haze hovering there that I can't really account for in terms of notes. Figaro takes its "eau" designation seriously, being mostly topnotes that fade quickly, allowing for heavy spraying and repeated applications over the course of the day. In fact, I'd suggest a heavy application - Figaro really sings with 5 or 6 sprays, which really brings out the rhubarb without everything else becoming overpowering.

I can easily see how many would dislike Figaro - paint and rhubarb and outer space greens that only lasts a couple of hours? It sounds like a nightmare on paper. But, at least to me, it's fantastic. Nothing about this should work, but I love wearing it. It's unusual enough to capture and keep my attention, while somehow smelling pleasantly good almost despite itself. I'm really glad I decided to pick this up.
06th November, 2016
A notes list can provide strong nudges to auto-suggestion which I often have to resist in order to smell the perfume as is rather than how it may have been intended. In Figaro’s case, however, it is worthwhile to consider the ‘marine pine’ mentioned – both aspects of that descriptor are present. For me Figaro’s opening salvo is mainly a brisk pine combined with vetiver, a touch of citrus and sandal, something resinous – so far so conventional, but quite appealing nonetheless. There’s a fruit pulp sweetness to it that may suggest apple but doesn’t quite stretch to fig for me. And hovering above it all is that ‘marine’ note, providing a fleck of contrast to begin with but getting increasingly screechy during the heart phase. Eventually one is left with a perfume that will stand up in a crowded room and declaim: ‘Hello, my name is Woody Fresh, and my crime is ubiquity.’
03rd October, 2014
A witty name for a fig-based scent, also a reference to the opera Marriage of Figaro.
This is a good scent. Starts with a fresh, very realistic and pleasant grapefruit note, combined with pepper and spice. The heart is green. The cilantro (coriander leaves) and clover give a perky, leafy, slightly crunchy note. The merest hint of pine is evident. The scent settles into fig, framed by green apple and plum fruit. The fruit provides an interesting backdrop to the fig. The scent is well blended and holds everything in balance. A refreshing scent for the summer, it is not sweet or heavy. Not remarkable, but nice. Certainly a very safe bet for daytime and office wear.
05th June, 2014 (last edited: 02nd July, 2014)
Great parfume. Well built and original. It has got all the notes I like, all my favourites. It would be my perfet parfume had it only more feminine allure.
17th March, 2013
An elegant and versatile fragrance. An aura of vetiver and wood q surrounds the opening of plum and fig, the heart is also fruity, delicately spicy. The wood of this composition brings me to something oily, resinous, gives comfortable feel.
27th June, 2012
This one opens up with vetiver mixed specially with woodsy notes, and when I say woodsy I want to say green
pine. There's also a fruity accord attached here given by a not so well distinguished at the beginning but growing through time plum note.

Figs do appear in this fragrance but they're mixed with plum like in a drink, and it is a sweet one, not the kind of figs present in philosykos.

The drydown is a very pleasant sweet aura of figs/plum wheres the base shows us the vetiver again but here it is embracing a woody accord.
10th March, 2012

Add your review of L'Eau Neuve Figaro

Shop for L'Eau Neuve Figaro products online

Search Amazon for L'Eau Neuve Figaro

Member images of L'Eau Neuve Figaro

There are no member images of L'Eau Neuve Figaro yet. Why not be the first?