Armani Privé Oud Royal (2011)
    by Giorgio Armani

Average Rating: 4.5

Based on 19 ratings

Armani Privé Oud Royal Fragrance notes

Licorice, Myrrh, Guaiac wood, Labdanum, Incense, Oud, Amber, Musk, Vanilla

Armani Privé Oud Royal information

Part of the "Mille et une Nuits collection"

Reviews of Armani Privé Oud Royal

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Dane's avatar

How I wish I owned this!

Through my varied trials of oud-centric fragrances, this is probably my favourite. As to its legitimacy of any actual oud content, I cannot say, but it doesn't matter, it's so dark and smooth that it goes beyond ingredient quality/quantity.

Beautifully orchestrated, but too expensive, especially since Armani did away with the beautiful wooden bottles.

07th April, 2015

jrmcquill's avatar

I wanted to be floored by this fragrance! I own many oud-based scents, and don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful oud, but just not anything special or different. It's magnificently crafted. No sharp edges. Others have pointed out co-star scents like amber, musk and vanilla, but this showpieces oud front and center from beginning to end. If you like oud, this warrants a place in your collection and a sample by everyone else. Well done, and a 7/10 from this oud guy!

20th October, 2014

odysseusm's avatar

An excellent scent. Oud-centric, to be sure. But everything is well blended, the oud is distinctive but not problematic. Sure, there is the rubbery band-aid and medicinal aspect, but that is the charm of oud. It is quite addictive when you get used to it.
    The opening is charming and aromatic. The hint of licorice is a brilliant combination with the soapy-sweet myrrh. Here, it reminds me of Fou D'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumer.
    The scent is dry -- a welcome feature. Good hints of wood appear from time to time.
    The dry-down has amber, musk and vanilla but these are softening background agents rather than prominent features.
    Oud fans should check this out, and those curious or new to oud could find this an acceptable introduction to the genre.

13th May, 2014

rbaker's avatar

This is not a creation where the oud is added as an extra - the opening is oud-centred on my skin, and quite convincingly so. The myrrh that is added is also convincing as is the labdanum in the drydown with at times a smoky touch on my skin. The base is based on a dark musk note that is tempered by a not-too-sweet vanilla note, buy I never perceived this as a vanilla scent. Decent projection and good silage, but the three hours of longevity are a bit less than expected. A class better, though, to many of the usual fragrance products that Armani has released over the last few years. A winter-warmer for colder nights.

03rd January, 2014

CaliDude's avatar

Wasn't for me.

Oud Royal is a very oud-centric scent. Has a strong Middle Eastern vibe, reminds me of Dubai. I'm glad I sampled this and didn't blind buy. Upon first sniff, it reminded me of burnt rubber and wasn't versatile for me. I'll pass on this one, not my cup of tea. I would highly suggest sampling first, this is a very risky blind buy.

Pros: High quality oud scent.
    Cons: Reminds me of burnt rubber. Not versatile for me."

16th September, 2013

dvdlpznyc's avatar

Handsome, distinct, reserved, calculated, brief, but incredibly intriguing. I have received a lot of compliments with each wearing, mostly at work, surprisingly mostly from people who generally don't go out of their way to speak when it's not particularly necessary. Which says something to me. For an Oud, it's remarkably safe for a relatively conservative work-place, which is refreshing, especially considering the fact that I also really enjoyed wearing this at home, and also "out on the town." Not having to stop and reconfigure in between places is most welcome. However, since it is, after all, an Oud, I wish there were just more "oomph."

21st February, 2013 (Last Edited: 07th March, 2013)

Add your review of Armani Privé Oud Royal

• Time Left: 7 days
    ARMANI PRIVE OUD ROYAL by GIORGIO ARMANI 3.4oz, 100 ML
    • Time Left: 27 days

Member images of Armani Privé Oud Royal

There are no member images of Armani Privé Oud Royal yet. Why not be the first?