Tirrenico (2008)
    by Profumi del Forte

Tirrenico Fragrance Notes

Shop for Tirrenico products online

Reviews of Tirrenico

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Well appointed aromatic/marine with a soapy background.

What a marvellous fragrance with the Olivia Giacobetti's ethereal touch of genius!! I appreciate deeply this dreamy and romantic young artist. I would define this juice as a culinary balmy/marine fragrance (yes marine in a natural salty/breezy way) and not properly an aquatic one as this conventional term conjures me all those synthetic metallic combinations of irony disturbing elements, woods and chemical calone. The marine elements (yet protagonist for sure) are here not properly dominating as they are just appointed as part of an orchestra where further important roles are played by quite different type of elements as the balmy notes and over all the aromatic culinary ones. I note by soon a sort of featuring culinary balmy aroma (something which smells as oat yogurt-porridge, rice cream or stuffs like those) perfectly combined with aromatic green notes (with a mentholated vibe as the notable fennel), bitter citrus (by soon the lime/bergamot and further more the bitter orange) and salty/marine realistic notes. The latter, as combined with fennels, basil (and all those aromatic notes), tart fruits and bitter citrus represent one of the characteristic trait of this weird (and conceptually avant-garde) aromatic/marine. Some subtle floral elements provide effectively a sort of sophisticated refinement along the breezy/aromatic wave. I love the perfect way as balmy and tart/salty notes "sound" together. You feel the dreamy/marine stimulating bitterness (and saltiness) but you can detect the balminess in the background. The dry down, with its light muskiness slowly (but in a moderate shy way) emerging, is so far from the conventional (for the common aquatics) cedary/ambery (cedarwood/ambergris) association as its boise and soapy softness is appointed (by the Giacobetti's "surgical" touch) to play as a supplementary (and secondary) support for the marine/balmy/fruity/floral standout patterns. In my opinion this fragrance is far superior to the more "fashionable" but less balanced and natural Acqua di Sale Profvmum Roma. Great, great longevity on my skin. Elegant, mediterranean, "bateau aristocratic" and subtle as the dreamy 90's left over summers in Riviera.

Pros: Perfectly balanced and realistic.
    Cons: Any in particular."

11th October, 2013

onaluna's avatar
    onaluna

Ouzo on a rock, by the sea

Cool, but sunny Tirrenco opens up with dry, bitter orange peel and a very stark ouzo (or, if you prefer, vodka infused with fennel bulb). There's an undercurrent of salty detritus, washed up on a rock, dried by the cool sea air. It's a cleaner marine smell than the "decaying matter" of Sel Marin.

This also has light, chalky notes that bring to mind smooth sea pebbles. Remarkable! On some days, this mineral note appears more as plasticine modeling clay or tile grout, but still blends well with the natural seashore notes.

Something about this takes me back to the beaches of Barcelona, when the city was preparing for the '92 Olympics, and smoothed bits of demolished buildings (tile and concrete) would wash up on the shore.

The fennel is moderate, but present throughout all but the very last stages. The sea note rides through the whole progression. After hours, I'm left with a mild, salty skin scent.

The only thing I don't like is when the jasmine peeks through. I'd like it to be dryer and starker, because the mineral notes are fascinating.

Pros: Paints a place picture, light and inoffensive.
    Cons: Sweet floral peeking through seems out of place.

19 May, 2013

drseid's avatar
    drseid

Aquatics are a tough scent category for me and it is extremely rare that I find one I like, let alone love. Unfortunately Tirrenico can be added to the list of aquatics that did not impress me (albeit less so than many others that are far worse).

Tirrenico opens immediately with a gummy marine-like slightly salty sea-water accord that I immediately found only mildly interesting and annoying in pretty short order. The marine nature of the scent dies down over time, but the gummy, almost camphor-like note remains through the duration and obscures just about everything to come on my skin at least. I really dislike that note and it removes any chance of me giving this a positive rating.
    I know oak-moss, sandalwood are listed as the base notes, but I confess I smell neither. Only the white musk peeps through to mix with the balmy camphor to complete the scent. Projection and longevity are about average.

Tirrenico is a disappointment for me. The nose behind it is extremely talented and has done other scents I count among my favorites. That said, Tirrenico gets a minor thumbs down from me as I find it an odd expensive concoction that really is difficult to wear and appreciate. Alas, another aquatic scent I did not like. 2.5 out of 5 stars.

17 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 01st June, 2012)

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

The opening is crisp, citrussy, sweet & yet salty, with a definite marine vibe & a hint of anise or fennel. My first reaction is "Wow, this is lovely, the sillage is just like a sea breeze!" Unfortunately, a few moments later, it conjures an image of me rinsing the sea water out of my bikini in the hotel bathroom, after a swim in the ocean. This is not a terribly unpleasant smell, but it's not really something l want to smell of. An hour later, the scent is deeper & greener, & finally fades to a soft musk after five hours.
    Alfarom's description of this as "pleasantly bizarre" certainly fits, so if that's your thing, you really must try this. Personally, although l love the opening, that bilge-water note is too off-putting for me to find this remotely wearable.

21st February, 2012

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

I had a sample of Tirrenico a few monthes ago and, as I'm generally not into aquatic scents, I forgot it in a box. One day I was removing a few books from a shelf and I found the decant again so I gave it a try and I totally got suprised. Tirrenico is litterally amazing and stunning. No ozone bull***t here, but a real marine fragrance. IMO the only one really recalling the wet sand, marine wet woods and shells giving you the feeling of an exclusive, paradisiac beach. Floral patterns (mainly jasmine) and fruity hints provide sophisticated refinements. Great sillage and an amazing lasting power for an aquatic fragrance (10-12 hours). Another good point is the drydown. Many fragrances of the same genre tend to turn into a harsh chemical woody/amber. Tirrenico dries down to a clean musky/mossy base with fennel galore. Fresh throughout, pleasanly bizarre (the marine notes have a slightly stale vibe that may vaguely resemble Secretions Magnifique), anything but dull.

Obviously I immediately decided I needed bottle...and I got it! Together with Sel Marin, one of the very few "aquatic" fragrances that is worth owning.

15 February, 2012