By Night Black (2009)

By Night Black information

Year of Launch2009

HouseProfumi del Forte

About By Night Black

By Night Black is a masculine fragrance by Profumi del Forte. The scent was launched in 2009

By Night Black fragrance notes

Reviews of By Night Black

Thumbs up on this green forest like fragrance with a night softened, chilled mood. It is a comfort fragrance with a green natural but variegated and shy personality. By Night Black opens with a sharp lime and citrus that immediately turns to green notes that have a deep verdant multi layered natural aroma. These are green notes that cover a broad register from juniper, basil, lavender, cypress, pine resin, fig leaf, and cedar - all types and quite a variety of tones blend into a melange of soft green and comfortable. There is a sueded base that changes the green tonal direction with slower push forward of Mate + Incense in the base.

I like this fragrance considerably but with the abundance of really fantastic green fragrances available I was a bit surprised by the soft spoken and retiring attitude of this one. There are just so many slightly superior green scents out there that I ask myself why launch this one? This is definitely not one of Bertrand Duchaufour's boldest or more unique fragrances but it is finely constructed, has harmony and definitely tells a story of winter night air and solitude of deep woodlands. But is that a story I want to live inside of? By Night Black is is a simple, honest green light incense and is comfortable and satisfying to wear. There is not a single note of discord to me and if anything is guilty of lacking enough contrast or discord to be very memorable. Every time I take a sniff of By Night Black I find enjoyment. It is a fine effort that unfortunately many people will never try because it lacks bold personality or strong statement.
03rd December, 2014
I'm a huge fan of this line but By Night Black is probably the most disappointing delivery among their range. I'm used to either their thickness (Ambra Mediterranea, Versilia Platinum, Versilia Boisè) or their pleasant weirdness (Tirrenico) but this By Night doesn't convince me. It opens with a zesty lime-mandarin accord that's immediately joined by subtle coniferous notes and incense while green-watery facets remark their presence very timidly. There's an overal structural weakness that underwhelms me. On paper, it could have been a nice and fresh smoky-incense but, after applying 1,5ml of this stuff on my skin, I can barely smell it...

Too little...sad.

Shop for By Night Black products online

Shop for By Night Black at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for By Night Black

Member images of By Night Black

There are no member images of By Night Black yet. Why not be the first?