Roma Imperiale (2008)

Roma Imperiale information

Year of Launch2008

HouseProfumi del Forte

About Roma Imperiale

Roma Imperiale is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumi del Forte. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Roma Imperiale

drseid Show all reviews
On skin Roma Imperiale starts with just a brief subtle splash of orange and bergamot citrus before moving almost immediately to the heart notes of rose and powdery iris. The iris and rose tandem are co-stars here, both getting equal play while mixing with a semi-sweet jasmine making the scent quite "feminine" smelling at this point. The rose and iris combo tones down a bit and a more unisex woody accord joins in to balance the scent much better. I don't get much in the way of individually identifiable base notes, but there is a bit of powdery vanilla here that coupling with lightly spiced amber just adds to the already powdery nature of the scent in general. Projection is below average to average, and longevity is above average.

Roma Imperiale is an above average scent overall, IMO. That said, it is a tough scent for me to really like due to its powdery nature almost from the start. I wish the rose and woods were more prominent as opposed to the iris and vanilla, as they make this a challenging scent for many guys to feel comfortable pulling off. That said, guys absolutely *can* wear this and I don't mean to scare anyone off from wearing Roma Imperiale, but know what you are getting into. On the other hand, if powdery scents are your thing, then Roma Imperiale should be right up your alley. In my case I want to give it a thumbs up, but as I dislike powdery scents the iris knocks it down to a strong neutral rating. 3 stars out of 5.
06th June, 2012
Yikes, total scrubber for me. Fail to see how this can be classified as unisex, is completely feminine imo. This type of scent really gives me headaches
12th April, 2012
Opening....very nice blend of sweet citrus, spices, herbs, woods? and just a little floral. Very balanced. I love citrus, very promising.

After an hour or two....uh-oh.....the floral aspect is turning too soapy. Oakmoss might be contributing, it turns on me sometimes. I smell geranium even though it's not listed (and I really dislike geranium).

Couple more hours.....there's the vanilla peeking out.....helping with some sweetness, but it's too little, too late. Still woody, a little sandalwood. The soapy floral did back off a bit. It has been over 4 hours and I'm still getting a fair amount of power from this one.

I'm giving this fragrance a positive rating because I think it is well balanced and constructed. The opening stage is very nice. It's unique, but just not for me.
25th March, 2012
The opening is citrussy, herbacious & floral, with a deep, indolic jasmine quickly coming to the fore. Wood & spice notes lend it a masculine edge, & l think this would make a great masculine floral, or a floral for a woman who doesn't want anything too sweet & girly. ln the middle phase a salty oakmoss & soft sandalwood come into play, followed by an ambery base.
There is a subtle complexity to this fragrance that l like. lt wears close to the skin though, & after three hours it's pretty much gone. l need to try this one from a spray vial, in warmer temperatures than those in which l sampled it. l think it may bloom in the heat, & apart from Ambra Mediterranea, this is my favourite of the ones l've tried from this line.
21st February, 2012

Add your review of Roma Imperiale

Shop for Roma Imperiale products online

Shop for Roma Imperiale at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Roma Imperiale

Member images of Roma Imperiale

There are no member images of Roma Imperiale yet. Why not be the first?