Legend (1997)
by Michael Jordan

Legend information

Year of Launch1997

HouseMichael Jordan
Parent CompanyQuality King Distributors > Perfumania Holdings > Five Star Fragrances
Parent Company at launchBijan

About Legend

Legend is a masculine fragrance by Michael Jordan. The scent was launched in 1997

Legend fragrance notes

Reviews of Legend

cmath Show all reviews
This is a really simple, yet enjoyable fragrance. I would describe it as a toffee/coffee/caramel vibe and bottom line is it just smells good! It is quite linear but for 15 dollars it is a great bang for your buck. My brother's favorite out of my 20 or so bottle collection and this is including bottles that are 4 times this price!
Overall 9 out of 10 for the price
25th December, 2015 (last edited: 26th December, 2015)
Michael Jordan Legend is definitely the most hyped fragrance of the MJ line, and particularly for the price, it lives up the hype wholly as an enjoyable gourmand. While not nearly as refined as the likes of Bond No. 9 New Haarlem or I Love NY For All, Legend nonetheless hits on most of the fun marks of sweet gourmands---cocoa, coffee, syrup, etc. In that respect, though, I cannot detect many specific notes but rather just a sweet, bakery/coffeehouse congestion of some of the abovementioned concepts. It's unoffensive, though, at least in my opinion. Not surprisingly, longevity is lacking, but projection is actually decent (maybe a few feet).

I obtained a 15 ml sample as part of a 4-pack with other MJs (MJ, Flight, Flight Sport) and this is far and away the best. Available for about $15 for 100ml on FragranceNet, it's difficult to beat as a cheap cold weather option, assuming you prefer gourmands as much as I do. Definitely a must-try for gourmand lovers.

7 out of 10
27th September, 2015
If folks don't or won't like this, I think a big reason is that it has a celebrity name attached to it and can be found at TJ Maxx. But having tried MJ Legend (though I'm not a huge fan of gourmands), I cannot think of a richer, more sumptuous fragrance at this price point. Legend simply blows many higher end fragrances out of the water when it comes to sheer quality and projection. If you love vanilla, chocolate, coffee, and toffee, you're in for a treat. And even better, the dry down soon leaves the dessert aisle behind and mellows into a marvelous amber. Also, as some others have mentioned, I get a lot of sandalwood from this. Delicious. A hidden gem--get yourself some.
17th July, 2015
Wow, this is a long lasting and very good smelling cologne. I sprayed it on about 10 hours ago, I just put on some scented lotion over it and the cologne is still what my arm smells like!

I agree with the comparison to Pi as it is the only other thing I have to compare it to. To me it's a less synthetic, more powdery and warm version of Pi and I really like it. I can see why it has a 4-star rating, which is hard to attain even for some of the most raved about colognes in the community.

It's a funny story how I ended up getting this for $13 at Ross. I went there specifically to get this one, but when I saw Rocawear IX I almost went for the Rocawear IX instead. I was also there to get Beckham's Instinct (also great, also only $13). But as I was doing the math and price matching on FragranceNet, a guy came up next to me and snatched up the Rocawear IX. You know what? I ain't even mad. His wife who was with him said "What about the Michael Jordan?" and his reply was "Jordan's fragrances were never too popular." Wow, who cares? This probably destroys Roca's IX.

To sum it up: It's a gourmand, it's powdery, it's got sweet vanilla and cream notes, it's warm, it's natural and not synthetic, it has lasting power, and it's dirt cheap. Slap yourself silly if you choose Rocawear over this. Get this. Get it now.
22nd March, 2015
A cheaper, less sweet Rochas Man. For the price it's pretty hard to beat. Beginners need a good sensual gourmand? Look no further.
10th March, 2015
I could detect some coffee and chocolate notes up front. I don't know why but for some reason this fragrance smelled a bit unrefined to me, and I could never reach for it in cold weather given I had Pure Havane, Dior Homme Intense, Chergui,... But that doesn't take away anything from the fact that it's still a quality composition, especially for its price.

If you're looking for a gourmand or something for the cold weather and not looking to spend more than $20, give this one a try. If you are a collector, this should be in your collection. If you're the average Basenoter with at least 15 odd bottles in your collection, you are still encouraged to try it, but might want to look beyond it.

I'm giving a thumbs up considering its quality at that price point, and that it has decent performance. Otherwise would have given a neutral rating.
31st January, 2015

Add your review of Legend

Shop for Legend products online

Shop for Legend at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Legend