Legend (1997)
by Michael Jordan

Legend information

Year of Launch1997

HouseMichael Jordan
Parent CompanyQuality King Distributors > Perfumania Holdings > Five Star Fragrances
Parent Company at launchBijan

About Legend

Legend is a masculine fragrance by Michael Jordan. The scent was launched in 1997

Legend fragrance notes

Reviews of Legend

Very rich, sweet and sensual. Its a Rochas Man clone with more power; but, less citrus, chocolate vibe and cost. I get loads of sweetened tonka/vanilla and I think amber here.

You need to be OK with the big time sweetness to love this. I was torn between neutral and thumbs up. The power, quality and low cost eeked it to "up" for me.
26th February, 2017
Nice gourmand cheapie. Is similar to Rochas Man, but has more of a warming effect and performance is more persistent and loud. I didn't want to say better because I think it's a bit too loud and synthetic, but the performance is still commendable.
03rd January, 2017
cmath Show all reviews
This is a really simple, yet enjoyable fragrance. I would describe it as a toffee/coffee/caramel vibe and bottom line is it just smells good! It is quite linear but for 15 dollars it is a great bang for your buck. My brother's favorite out of my 20 or so bottle collection and this is including bottles that are 4 times this price!
Overall 9 out of 10 for the price
25th December, 2015 (last edited: 26th December, 2015)
Michael Jordan Legend is definitely the most hyped fragrance of the MJ line, and particularly for the price, it lives up the hype wholly as an enjoyable gourmand. While not nearly as refined as the likes of Bond No. 9 New Haarlem or I Love NY For All, Legend nonetheless hits on most of the fun marks of sweet gourmands---cocoa, coffee, syrup, etc. In that respect, though, I cannot detect many specific notes but rather just a sweet, bakery/coffeehouse congestion of some of the abovementioned concepts. It's unoffensive, though, at least in my opinion. Not surprisingly, longevity is lacking, but projection is actually decent (maybe a few feet).

I obtained a 15 ml sample as part of a 4-pack with other MJs (MJ, Flight, Flight Sport) and this is far and away the best. Available for about $15 for 100ml on FragranceNet, it's difficult to beat as a cheap cold weather option, assuming you prefer gourmands as much as I do. Definitely a must-try for gourmand lovers.

7 out of 10
27th September, 2015
If folks don't or won't like this, I think a big reason is that it has a celebrity name attached to it and can be found at TJ Maxx. But having tried MJ Legend (though I'm not a huge fan of gourmands), I cannot think of a richer, more sumptuous fragrance at this price point. Legend simply blows many higher end fragrances out of the water when it comes to sheer quality and projection. If you love vanilla, chocolate, coffee, and toffee, you're in for a treat. And even better, the dry down soon leaves the dessert aisle behind and mellows into a marvelous amber. Also, as some others have mentioned, I get a lot of sandalwood from this. Delicious. A hidden gem--get yourself some.
17th July, 2015
Wow, this is a long lasting and very good smelling cologne. I sprayed it on about 10 hours ago, I just put on some scented lotion over it and the cologne is still what my arm smells like!

I agree with the comparison to Pi as it is the only other thing I have to compare it to. To me it's a less synthetic, more powdery and warm version of Pi and I really like it. I can see why it has a 4-star rating, which is hard to attain even for some of the most raved about colognes in the community.

It's a funny story how I ended up getting this for $13 at Ross. I went there specifically to get this one, but when I saw Rocawear IX I almost went for the Rocawear IX instead. I was also there to get Beckham's Instinct (also great, also only $13). But as I was doing the math and price matching on FragranceNet, a guy came up next to me and snatched up the Rocawear IX. You know what? I ain't even mad. His wife who was with him said "What about the Michael Jordan?" and his reply was "Jordan's fragrances were never too popular." Wow, who cares? This probably destroys Roca's IX.

To sum it up: It's a gourmand, it's powdery, it's got sweet vanilla and cream notes, it's warm, it's natural and not synthetic, it has lasting power, and it's dirt cheap. Slap yourself silly if you choose Rocawear over this. Get this. Get it now.
22nd March, 2015

Add your review of Legend

Shop for Legend products online

Shop for Legend at online perfumeries

Michael Jordan Cologne Collection 4 piece Gift Set for Men

Mens Michael Jordan Legend Cologne 3ml Glass Decant Sample Spray Travel Bottle

End Date: Tuesday Jun-9-2020 7:37:37 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $7.49
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Michael Jordan Cologne Legend Flight Flight Sport Spray Set NIB 4 x 0.50 oz.

End Date: Tuesday Jun-9-2020 10:39:33 PDT