M7 Oud Absolu (2011)

PerfumerAlberto Morillas
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About M7 Oud Absolu

M7 Oud Absolu is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas

M7 Oud Absolu fragrance notes

Reviews of M7 Oud Absolu

A nice and different oud fragrance, that begins with a somewhat barbershop note that is probably the combination of citrus and oud supported by the patchouli. As it dries down the myrrh and amber are present and make it an interesting, if not darker fragrance. The latter stages are by far the best part of the scent, but I found the sillage somewhat fleeting.

I've never smelled the original M7, so I can't make any comparison, but this is pretty nice. However, as an oud scent it doesn't really wow me like a Tom Ford or AdP does. Thumbs up all the same.
30th October, 2015
I'm not rushing out to buy a bottle, but this is a relatively nice fragrance from one of my sample orders.

It creates a broad smell, familiar, yet with some light oud. I get something like a chewing gum element in the mix of smells.

I like the smells dancing around the oud more than the oud.

This is a fairly easy thumbs up!
03rd June, 2015 (last edited: 20th June, 2015)
There's nothing wrong with the latest iteration of M7, but it's definitely not what it once was, and there's definitely nothing "absolu" about it. It smells like someone split oud into 100 pieces and kept 10 of them. There's also a peculiar soapy quality in the drydown that's completely out of place.

All-in-all, it's dull at best and a poor representation of oud.
13th March, 2015
Such a fabulous fragrance! I could literally lock myself in a small room so that I am surrounded by it. At my local John Lewis it's almost been hidden to prevent everyone from discovering it. The previous reviews hinting at a cherry aroma from the start are spot on IMO, the Oud is warm and deep. I love this stuff, a connoisseurs fragrance!
11th February, 2015
M7 Oud Absolu is a great fragrance. Perfect for night time wear, it is elegant and sophisticated. Patchouli and Oud give it a sweet, woody feel. I wore it for the first time to a family dinner around Christmas time (2014). My Mom was the first one to compliment me. After that, the compliments just came pouring in. Needless to say I was very happy.

My rating: 10/10
06th January, 2015
My favorite fragrance. The manderine patchuli oud are in the opening and the manderine stays throughout the mid as more of a bitter orange vib. Makes it the most fresh of the three M7 formulations. So the softer elements make the oud and pachuli less sharp, but there is a nice tangyness to the exotic eastern oud woodsy scent. The fragrance beutifully transforms into a softer ending as the base notes come through of labdanum and myrhh. Labdanum can be found in the book of Exodus ch. 30 as God gave Moses the ingredients for the incense used for worship. M7 oud absolu is right between the original M7 and M7 fresh in a way. Labdanum is also called the rose of Sharon in the Bible, in the basenotes pyramid it's called rock rose. I dont get amber in the base notes or dry down, the dry down is beutifull as many have said, a moving sensual experience, as in (senses). The M7 fresh, is what got me into fragrances a year ago. I was the winning bidder on a large bottle recently. It has an amber and musk drydown, I noticed today, similar to what I like in Kouros fragrance.
22nd November, 2014

Add your review of M7 Oud Absolu

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu products online

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for M7 Oud Absolu

Member images of M7 Oud Absolu

There are no member images of M7 Oud Absolu yet. Why not be the first?