M7 Oud Absolu (2011)

PerfumerJacques Cavallier
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About M7 Oud Absolu

M7 Oud Absolu is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas

M7 Oud Absolu fragrance notes

Reviews of M7 Oud Absolu

Back in 2002 I can still remember the fuss about the M7 release: Tom Ford's involvement, the naked advertisement, the unusual oud smell... I remember testing the perfume back then, when it was first released, I can hardly recall its smell but I remember thinking that the smell was weird and quite nothing like I had smelled before! It was hard to appreciate M7 back then though, I was just 22 and on the ride of Le Male, Givenchy Pi and Moschino Uomo perfume trend.

So it's quite hard to compare the smell of the old M7 with the one of Oud Absolu. All I can say is that Oud Absolu is an amazing, unusual and very masculine perfume. I really get hints of cherry syrup smell in it and I love it, I still don't get the Oud Wood similarity that many have mentioned here, it smells completely different to me. Oud Absolu has a great longevity but a quite moderate sillage. I also have to mention that quite weirdly enough, even though I adore this perfume, I have never got any compliments for it.

So, if you think about owning this one, all I have to say is go for it! It is not a perfume for everybody, it is quite weird and maybe a love it or hate it kind of perfume, but after all there is so much history here!

PS: I still don't get why they changed the bottle. No more black sides and silver letters on it, just a clear bottle, which is quite boring and uninteresting. Still the same juice in it though.

*This review was written after several full wearings of the perfume and not just after smelling this on paper or on wrist.
04th June, 2018
"absolutely" do not compare this one to the gorgeous M7 from Gucci/YSL. Less brighter, less fruitier and complex than the Original One. Go for Zara's "Exclusive Oud" if you like this one.(Safe and Flat in the same way)
16th February, 2018
I really enjoy wearing M7 Oud Absolu for the last couple of days. Nice opening with a patchouli and orange, later on becomes a bit sweeter like all ysl fragrances I've tried but I do not mind it here. I do not know how much oud is inside (similar like in creed royal oud, another one that I really like). Who cares, I always look at blend as unique story and this one is good.

Projection is moderate but ok. It's a shame that does not last longer on the skin (3-4hours).
07th January, 2018
It's a chimical oud ,nothing to see with M7 real , the Great M7. This is a little perfum ,i would like call it #absolu chimicoud # .
19th September, 2017 (last edited: 16th January, 2018)
M7 Oud Absolu is more formal and less pungent version of the old M7. The original M7 is all about showing strength and willpower, determination, moving around the town in the evening. M7 Oud Absolu on the other hand is a bit more toned down, calmer, for closed quarters. However it doesn't mean that it's weaker. The medicinal note here is less pronounced.

All in all, this version is a bit more calm, pleasant and chic without being less potent. I lasts and projects rather well.

If I had to choose, of course the original is original and that's that. However I'm very happy and pleased with this version. It's not that significantly far from the original in character and spirit. There are a few differences from up close. From the distance however, even avid fans will simply recognise it as M7 and not this or that version.

Conclusion: may he stay here even in this bottle. Spirit, character and signature are here. Longevity and projection are adequate. That's good enough for me.

Originality 7/10 high because old M7 is gone
Scent 9/10
Longevity 9/10
Projection 7/10
_________________
80%
16th September, 2017
I'd heard a lot of good things about M7, and wanted to try the current equivalent. It was cheap enough to warrant a blind buy, and I fell in love with it at first wear!

There are notes that remind me of Pure Malt, which I also love on me. A gourmand opening that settles into lots of spice and wood. Strong, but not overpowering. I put it on in the evening, and still caught whiffs on my arm the next morning, so I'm impressed with the performance. I'll definitely be wearing this one a lot.
01st September, 2017

Add your review of M7 Oud Absolu

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of M7 Oud Absolu

There are no member images of M7 Oud Absolu yet. Why not be the first?