M7 Oud Absolu (2011)

PerfumerJacques Cavallier
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About M7 Oud Absolu

M7 Oud Absolu is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas

M7 Oud Absolu fragrance notes

Reviews of M7 Oud Absolu

I really enjoyed this one from start to finish. Had a cool, refined, Dr Pepper/cola vibe going on all day. Wife leaned in a couple extra times while wearing, gave me a nod....huge compliment in my book! A future purchase for sure, might even consider as a signature scent.
08th January, 2016
By no means is this review intended as a negative, it's just that M7 Oud Absolu is a little too sweet for my liking.

The original M7 was a little drier, perhaps more bitter scent that had a perfect balance of all notes. M7 Oud Absolu has a lot of myrrh and vanilla in the base, making this smell a bit like candied fruits. I also get a strong mandarin note in the opening which adds fuel to the above association.

As to whether this is a good introduction to oud, that's another story. The oud here is drowned-out by the other notes and instead of being "Oud Absolu" this makes the current M7 smell more like "Oud Support". I have tried the original M7 and the similarities are immense, but the general sweetness is just too overpowering to be worthy of a thumbs up. That said, its predecessor was awesome.
08th December, 2015
A nice and different oud fragrance, that begins with a somewhat barbershop note that is probably the combination of citrus and oud supported by the patchouli. As it dries down the myrrh and amber are present and make it an interesting, if not darker fragrance. The latter stages are by far the best part of the scent, but I found the sillage somewhat fleeting.

I've never smelled the original M7, so I can't make any comparison, but this is pretty nice. However, as an oud scent it doesn't really wow me like a Tom Ford or AdP does. Thumbs up all the same.
30th October, 2015
I'm not rushing out to buy a bottle, but this is a relatively nice fragrance from one of my sample orders.

It creates a broad smell, familiar, yet with some light oud. I get something like a chewing gum element in the mix of smells.

I like the smells dancing around the oud more than the oud.

This is a fairly easy thumbs up!
03rd June, 2015 (last edited: 20th June, 2015)
There's nothing wrong with the latest iteration of M7, but it's definitely not what it once was, and there's definitely nothing "absolu" about it. It smells like someone split oud into 100 pieces and kept 10 of them. There's also a peculiar soapy quality in the drydown that's completely out of place.

All-in-all, it's dull at best and a poor representation of oud.
13th March, 2015
Such a fabulous fragrance! I could literally lock myself in a small room so that I am surrounded by it. At my local John Lewis it's almost been hidden to prevent everyone from discovering it. The previous reviews hinting at a cherry aroma from the start are spot on IMO, the Oud is warm and deep. I love this stuff, a connoisseurs fragrance!
11th February, 2015

Add your review of M7 Oud Absolu

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu products online

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for M7 Oud Absolu

Member images of M7 Oud Absolu

There are no member images of M7 Oud Absolu yet. Why not be the first?