M7 Oud Absolu (2011)

PerfumerJacques Cavallier
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About M7 Oud Absolu

M7 Oud Absolu is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas

M7 Oud Absolu fragrance notes

Reviews of M7 Oud Absolu

Terrible performance!! Buyer beware!!

Initial smell is excellent. Unfortunately, that only lasts for about 15-20 minutes. After 30 minutes it becomes a very faint skin scent and after an hour it's not perceptible at all. What's the point of smelling great if you only smell great for 15 minutes?
12th August, 2016
I love this fragrance!

I should point out I am female and I bought as a scent for myself. I've never worn a "male" scent before but to be honest, I don't see this as strictly a masculine scent. I think it is more unisex.

I also don't know the original so I can't compare it. But again I love.

Normally it takes me ages to find a fragrance I like, with me going backwards and forwards for ages. Not with this scent. It was recommended to me and I bought it straight away. And I've worn it every day since.

It's middle of winter here and to me this is the perfect sophisticated, winter scent. I love the way it makes me feel. I must be honest I do love the fact that it doesn't smell like a typical female fragrance. But then I'm not a big fan of girly, sweet fragrances.

This is probably my all time favourite fragrance!

17th June, 2016
I suppose some credit must be given to the original M7 for giving the Westerner an unchallenging introduction to the oudh note.

Except that it didn't, really. The oudh note in M7 had so many inverted commas around it that it resembled an order of fries, and the absolute suffix has done nothing to strip them off. The truth is, M7 has introduced the Westerner to norlimbanol as a fallacy of oudh.

Still I would forgive, if it smelled good. But alas, after a brief, moderately interesting sweet woodiness, we descend too soon into 'meh' territory. Meh, meh, thrice meh.

29th March, 2016
This is great! I have a little dabber that I've been trying a few times now and today it hit me in a completely different manner than it usually does. It smells very similar to Creed's Aberdeen Lavender or Tom Ford's Noir (men). There's a somewhat sweet cocoa-leathery vibe in addition to the carbonated beverage note that other reviews have mentioned.

I don't smell one bit of oud in this one and that's honestly fine. With the sweeter than normal notes I'm picking up I'm not certain if a dry-woody note would be a good thing. It has yet to become powdery in the few times I've sampled it.
10th March, 2016
YSL M7 Oud Absolu is a citrus/powder/incense mix that works as an oddly refined winter scent, probably for both men and women. It opens with a blast of mandarin and ends up smelling like a mix of labdanum and myrrh. Definitely a powder bomb, at least to me, though not with the rubbery or leather element of, say, Midnight in Paris, but with an earthy aspect. Definitely an easily wearable incense fragrance. It doesn't involve a ton of development, but the projection and longevity are strong for an EDT. At under $60 for 80ml, its value is decent, as well, given the refinement, as this can certainly be dressed up for winter nights.

7 out of 10
09th February, 2016
Great scent that as Speedracer mentioned has a "dr pepper/cola" vibe. I would also throw in a little root beer vibe as well. Well constructed from Top to Bottom. I do wish it was a little stronger in the dry down. For myself a top 10 in my collection. Enjoy
03rd February, 2016 (last edited: 10th February, 2016)

Add your review of M7 Oud Absolu

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu products online

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for M7 Oud Absolu

Member images of M7 Oud Absolu

There are no member images of M7 Oud Absolu yet. Why not be the first?