M7 Oud Absolu (2011)

PerfumerJacques Cavallier
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About M7 Oud Absolu

M7 Oud Absolu is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas

M7 Oud Absolu fragrance notes

Reviews of M7 Oud Absolu

This product is an insult! I got a bottle thinking it was M7 Original, only to get this chemical trash. M7 Original is the finest oud frag I've ever tried, while Oud Absolu smells like dirt. I always need to research each and every scent to see if it's been ruined by corporate morons who only care about sales, not quality. I gave this away to a friend and found a vintage bottle of M7 on ebay.
25th February, 2019
This is light on me. I have to go heavy with it and then it gives a soft incense cloud that wafts gently round me. I must admit I prefer my perfume a tad more ballsy. And as a lover of oud, I like the patchouli in this! The vague hint of Agar wood here merely adds a little to the myrrh and labdanum to give the quiet temple fug.
That said, the effect is a good one when I catch it. The combination of orange, patch, and incense is sexy and refined. I have similar performance issues with my skin-chemistry and Jubilation XXV and have learnt I have to hammer these particular scents and/or manage my expectations.
Smooth warm and sensual if an ethereal tease, YSL Oud Absolu is classy and understated. Nice.
24th February, 2019
The accord reminds me of a light version of gerlain vetiver

I enjoy m7 oud absolute
It’s a whiter shade of oud

It doesn’t smell like Kensington England does

05th January, 2019
It's a powdery-orangey oud, supported by a sweet patchouli in the drydown. I like the comparison with Dior Homme, without Iris and more woody. At the opening, it's a light medicinal style oud (much lighter than Malle's animalistic oud-focused fragrance the Night).
This M7 oud absolu is a masterpiece (and I just got the clear "new" bottle).I don't know M7 (original) or M7 Oud Absolu (1st edition with black sticker on bottle), but I agree that, despite the scent is good and you can smell it at arm's length, it is not a "beast". That said, is it such a bad thing to have an oud perfume that does not scare the people around you? I don't think so! :)

It is unfortunately impossible to test outside of the few YSL flagship stores (maybe 5/10 in the world?), and blind buying is thus the only option.

Personnally, I love it.
Fall/winter evenings, 30+

12th December, 2018
It’s a good product for anyone wishing to know what oud smells like. Mushrooms in a humid forest with a bit of dry wood. Elegant.
23rd November, 2018
Back in 2002 I can still remember the fuss about the M7 release: Tom Ford's involvement, the naked advertisement, the unusual oud smell... I remember testing the perfume back then, when it was first released, I can hardly recall its smell but I remember thinking that the smell was weird and quite nothing like I had smelled before! It was hard to appreciate M7 back then though, I was just 22 and on the ride of Le Male, Givenchy Pi and Moschino Uomo perfume trend.

So it's quite hard to compare the smell of the old M7 with the one of Oud Absolu. All I can say is that Oud Absolu is an amazing, unusual and very masculine perfume. I really get hints of cherry syrup smell in it and I love it, I still don't get the Oud Wood similarity that many have mentioned here, it smells completely different to me. Oud Absolu has a great longevity but a quite moderate sillage. I also have to mention that quite weirdly enough, even though I adore this perfume, I have never got any compliments for it.

So, if you think about owning this one, all I have to say is go for it! It is not a perfume for everybody, it is quite weird and maybe a love it or hate it kind of perfume, but after all there is so much history here!

PS: I still don't get why they changed the bottle. No more black sides and silver letters on it, just a clear bottle, which is quite boring and uninteresting. Still the same juice in it though.

*This review was written after several full wearings of the perfume and not just after smelling this on paper or on wrist.
04th June, 2018

M7 Oud Absolu By Yves Saint Laurent Eau De Toilette 2.7 oz / 80 ml Men Perfume

End Date: Saturday Mar-23-2019 21:13:00 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $57.29
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

M7 Oud Absolu By Yves Saint Laurent Edt Spray 2.7 Oz (la Collection Edition)

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 1:09:54 PDT

Yves Saint Laurent M7 OUD Absolu for him 80ml

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 14:51:55 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $74.79
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

M7 OUD ABSOLU by Yves Saint Laurent EDT SPRAY 2.7 OZ (LA COLLECTION EDITION)

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 22:23:19 PDT

M7 Oud Absolu YSL by Yves Saint Laurent for Men 2.7oz EDT New In Box

End Date: Wednesday Mar-27-2019 16:53:08 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $64.76

Member images of M7 Oud Absolu

There are no member images of M7 Oud Absolu yet. Why not be the first?