Danger pour Homme (2011)
    by Roja Dove

Average Rating:

Danger pour Homme Fragrance Notes

Danger pour Homme information

Danger pour Homme is a men's fragrance by Roja Dove. The scent was launched in 2011

Shop for Danger pour Homme products online

100ml EdP

Reviews of Danger pour Homme

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

Heritage by Guerlain or, to a lesser extent, Zino Davidoff anyone? First thing that came to mind. If I had paid that amount for this I would be *so* pissed off. Anyway... besides being a hilariously pathetic rip-off of the two bottled gents mentioned above, Danger pour Homme is a decently executed woody-spicy scent, dry and earthy, with a slight animalic note (synthetic castoreum) and a general late fougère structure. I smell patchouli, a sort of mossy-earthy camphoraceous base, a dry thin layer of leather, synthetic but pleasantly thick ambergris, aldehydes, spices (a lot of cumin, then cloves) a sweet breeze carrying a spicy-nutty feel (tonka, rhubharb). Which, as I said, strongly reminds me of Heritage and other similar perfumes - whereas Fetish pour Homme plagiarized Moschino pour Homme and vintage Bel Ami, this one is all about early '90s. The scent itself is decent, even if completely lacking in depth, substance and interest, contrary to the vintages it clumsily tries to emulate. Surely better that many other niche scents, I won't argue that. After a couple of hours, so basically on the drydown, there is even room for a nice twist; it arises a fresh, slightly minty balsamic breeze with a subtle sweet-anisic feel, and also the leather emerges better together with a herbal-spicy fougère accord. This "moves" Danger a bit far from that unbearable resemblance to Heritage, which does not disappear obviously, but at least becomes less noticeable. But that occurs too late to make me change my mind. Uncreative, uninspired and pretentious. And even with a below-average persistence.

4,5-5/10

05th October, 2014

Viffer's avatar

Well, I won't bore you with the notes or romantic analogies.
    All I have to say is this. I own some 40 perfumes and my other half has either said don't like or meh... is alright.
    I sprayed Roja Dove Danger pour Homme (parfum strength) and she said "Wow... you smell so good" She was clueless as to what I was wearing. Now, I don't know what barometer you guys use but, in my book... I'll say that's a winner!

19th May, 2014

tymanski's avatar

meh

bought it blind cuz it was cheap (ish) on ebay and i wanted to try a roja dove. i sold it after three full wearing. it was quite sumptuous but utterly mediocre, if that makes any sense. a sort of amalgam of classic fougeres that just didn't say anything. apparently he also did puerdistance M; didn't like that either. i'll stick with duchaufour, jp guerlain, roucel, sheldrake, thank you very much

07th June, 2013

Filomele's avatar

Ambregris and Vetiver

I don't recommend everyone to try the Eau de Parfum concentration. The beauty of Roja's perfumes lives in the interaction of a sumptuous base with the heart notes, after a bright start (bergamot is the signature usually, bitter but extremely sparkling); to obtain this you should smell, absolutely, the Parfum version.

They are extremely classic fragrances? Yes. They are like balms scents, very complex and rich. If it is not your taste, no one can to object them. If you love this, you've found the Heaven.

Moreover, it is easy to understand that, in his parfums are cited the great classics of perfumery in their ancient version... and that the extremely strong names hide their existence in a subtle way. Why "Danger", pour Homme, in a sparkling and sublime Haiti vetiver?

When I went to London, a month ago, had the opportunity to sniff all his line and I had a "stroke of lightning" (italian linguistic expression) for Danger pour Homme and Enslaved.

DpH (parfum concetration) for me is the finest and most sensual combination between tons of natural ambregris (intense salinity, deep and gently animal), and tons of Haiti vetiver burbon with "grandeur". A sparkling opening of bergamot (as always) dense and palpable with the bright green of galbanum; subtle violaceous nuances of Grasse jasmin and lily of the valley. Finest ingredients made by Robertet in Grasse. I was shocked to percive such that quantity of natural ambregris in a modern perfume, as to keep the salty in the bottom of the tongue and be able to feel it with the taste. So much to fix the drydown for three days on my wirst. Here is the "Danger": a soft, sensual animality with a great depth (ambregris) in a so luminous fragrance with the most souave vetiver that I've smell.

22nd May, 2013

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

I have worn a sample of this scent I got courtesy of Roja Dove Harrods some time ago.

I used the whole sample applying it on my chest, forearms and neck.

I enjoyed the scent as it started very citrusy and refreshing; then I got a mixture of fougere notes that lasted for about 3 hours max.

I was hoping for a big perfume soul but just got an average masculine fougere with average longevity.

Disappointed...

Medium Thumbs !

10th October, 2012

alfarom's avatar

A boring masculine with no particular twists. The quality is absolutely there but, at these prices, it's not enough. More "stereotyped" than "classic".

23rd June, 2012