Velvet Wood (2011)

Average Rating:

Velvet Wood Fragrance notes

Woods, Benzoin, Leather, Patchouli

Velvet Wood information

Velvet Wood is a unisex fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2011

Reviews of Velvet Wood

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

nonsisa's avatar

Germany Germany

Gorgeous

Just tested about 20 different high end designers and Velvet Wood was by far the most outstanding scent of them all.

I get a nice leather accord very well blended with wood. I'm not sure if it's ebony wood alone but the combination seems fabulous.

This is a fragrance with high potential to make someone addicted.

4 thumbs up!

Pros: Nice leather accord
    Cons:

17th May, 2013

Marais's avatar

Well I had high hopes for this range (I don't know why, their previous 'high-end' range was pretty lousy - eternal optimism I guess) but this, along with Velvet Vetiver, are major let-downs. A seductive list of notes which must only truly exist in the marketer's fevered imagination. 'Abundant with visceral ardour' it is NOT. What we do have is an uninteresting generic sweetish woody scent of minimal power and projection. At least when Ellena makes an underpowered scent, he makes it interesting. This is just lazy. One thumb down for the boring scent and another for the ridiculous price being charged.

16th May, 2012