• Launched: 2010

M information

M is a unisex fragrance by Puredistance. The scent was launched in 2010

Shop for M products online

Reviews of M

Showing 1 to 6 of 21 reviews.

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

I believe I hit the jackpot! if you want something serious and manly this one worth at least trying!
    The opening of this fragrance is a bitter spicy scent mixed with leather note.
    The spices are heavy and they do have a very dry and wild feeling. lots of cumin, lots of nutmeg, lots of clove that they all together creating brutal spicy and kind of peppery scent.
    The leather note does not smell smoky. it's like the smell of a piece of leather in the middle of the desert in a hot summery day! very dry and slightly animalic.

In the mid I'm getting again heavy dry spices and a little stronger leather (still not smoky but it's animalic) notes but now there is some sweetness and some carnation flower beside it that gives the scent an elegant and slightly powdery feeling.

In the base those heavy spices and the leather note all settle down and the scent gets slightly sweeter. the base is a creamy sweet vanilla and musk plus soft spices specially cinnamon and some leather mostly in the background.
    Performance of this fragrance is awesome. projection is strong and longevity is around 10-12 hours on my skin. there is nothing girly here. masculine all the way through.

31st July, 2014

Taskphorce01's avatar

Extremely potent, high quality, masculine, a little goes a long way. When I apply this, I'm careful not to overspray it. One to two sprays max unless I need to go the distance (16 hour day) and then I spray it 3 times. To my nose the scent is reminiscent of smoldering cedarwood laced with a dab of cinnamon and the finest leather man can make. I own Fetish Pour Homme by Roja Dove and I will say the two are alike in the opening yet significantly different in the dry down. The price is soaring high but 17.5ml (is all you really need) and that amount should last you a long, long time.

27 May, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

The opening is marvelous, clear, sharp, amazingly elegant and cozy. I detect patchouli, aromatic woods, cedar, vetiver, a floral accord, sweet resinous spices, cinnamon, a gorgeous leather note (soft like suede, initially) with a bold talcum-soft feel. All is aerial and dimensional, almost geometrical, at the same time plushy, silky and mellow. A lot of suggestions and images come to mind, there's an oriental vein blended with a totally contemporary Western personality. Quite complex and textured, really compact, just smelling beautiful and great like Fetish pour Homme, and also quite on the same "concept" too: basically, a renovated, modern "masculine classic", with some nostalgic fougère/chypre accords blended with a new and more modern sensibility. A tight and harmonic scent full of nuances you feel better in the sillage than on skin. What I like the most is an irresistible accord of leather, flowers (jasmine?), delicate woods (cashmeran, cedar?) and spices blended with a talcum-balsamic accord, something that just captivates me I don't know why precisely... like those scents you link to people you love, or loved. So distinguished and majestic, without being "opulent". As minutes pass a talcum cloud emerges and "explodes" in all its dreamy and narcotic dustiness, and again, a symphony of nuances, mellow woods, flowers, leather. Then it all starts to dry and the bone-structure emerges more clearly, which I said, it's quite a classic fougère/chypre texture, incredibly sophisticated, soft, mossy and velvety. As many other reviewers already noticed, a couple of scents come to mind at this point, two legendary scents to which this one almost sounds like a "tribute": Moschino pour Homme and Bel Ami. The leather accord with a talcum/floral "gentleness" is one of the best I've ever smelled, it smells really perfectly. The drydown is great as well, more bitter and dry, but well balanced, and doesn't reveal the sadly-too-usual safraleine cheapness (burnt rubber). Utter elegance. The quality is uncompromising and really high, of both materials and composition. Still, the price is completely insane and megalomaniac, and not in a way that I'd say "... but it's worth it". It's not, it's great and stuff, but it's not worth that cost. Just grab a sample and try it, then enjoy the hundreds of equally good (or better) fragrances around.

18 May, 2014

sjg3839's avatar

Tried this one yesterday at MIN NYC. Starts off with a cumin or slight civet note. Then morphs into a beautiful incense with vanilla. Beautiful fragrance. The downfall is the price. 8/10

22 January, 2014

Scentologist's avatar

Old world elegance with modern charm

I pulled the dipstick out of the vial to take a first sniff, as I do traditionally. Smelling real close and hard, I barely was able to detect a cumin. When I put it on my skin, I must say that it was nonexistent to my nose. For those of you that don't like Yatagan or cumin, don't fret. Very well blended here. However, I had high hopes for this. It was rather linear to be so complex. If I can be frank, it reminds me of the dry down of Chypre Palatin (just remover the chypre part). It has the old world elegance with modern charm. Very smooth and warm. I really like this but must confess, I don't find it anywhere near it's high price tag, in spite of it high quality. I do like it significantly better than the MDCI scents. Projection and longevity where average on my skin.

Pros: Smooth and classy
    Cons: Overpriced, Smells similar to dry down of chypre palatin"

27 October, 2013

Francolino's avatar

Bel Ami revisited

huge and heavy, the same architecture of vintage Bel ami..a bit retro maybe!

Pros: really persistent with huge sillage
    Cons: unashamedly overpriced"

06 September, 2013

Add your review of M

Search for on eBay United States

Puredistance M Parfum Extrait 1 ML Glass Sample Vial
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 4 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Puredistance Puredistance M
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 23 days
    (Shipping from Lithuania)
    Puredistance OPARDU 1ml Extrait de Parfum Sample ...Pure Distance, I, M, Box2
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 7 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Puredistance M by Puredistance 100 ML 3.4OZ Perfume NIB